Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gimmick will they be running? Like you had surfer bum Hogan, the hitman Hart, ladies man HBK, redneck Austin, people's champ Rock, the game Triple H and the rap star Cena.

Will the belt be classic or some adaptation of the spinner belt?

Will the WWE still have fans?

·
Banned
80 Posts
Hopefully hosting an amazing Wresltlemania 38 match on a hovercraft ring with insane pyrotechnics and holographic images during the matches.

I think the next gimmick though will be a super politician.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
I have my doubts about wrestling being around in 10 years, NO JOKE.

If it is the gimmick will be Rap Cowboy or something hideous. The world gets scarier and scarier to think about in the future everyday.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Not sure what will be going on.

The next gimmick I can speculate as being a martian. LOL

·
Banned
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting responses.

I guess I should elaborate though. What kind of new matches will occur?

What big changes will there be in broadcasting?

Will we ever have another era similar to the Attitude era?

·
Banned
80 Posts
I don't know how it could really change without going downhill. I mean what could they really add?

I'm drawing blanks on this one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Maybe other promotion(s) will rise to WWE's level? Maybe they will repackage it to be more real, scripted, entertainment, brutal, sexual, controversial, political, comedic, dramatic etc. THe bottom line though, is that it will be repackaged differently and there will be a new number 1 guy, who has most likely not debuted yet.Nobody can really predict what will happen.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Maybe other promotion(s) will rise to WWE's level? Maybe they will repackage it to be more real, scripted, entertainment, brutal, sexual, controversial, political, comedic, dramatic etc. THe bottom line though, is that it will be repackaged differently and there will be a new number 1 guy, who has most likely not debuted yet.Nobody can really predict what will happen.
That would be pretty facking awesome.

Stand by my martian gimmick. They are coming. :)

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Wow, no idea. The likes of Dean Ambrose will be carrying the company, while Veterans like Cena and Punk will be putting the new generation over (if they're still around). As we all know, WWE is cyclical and right now it's climbing out of the rock bottom they hit around 2009 or so, so ten years from now may well be the peak.

I expect the stages to have changed, as well as all of the championships except the World Heavyweight Championship (maybe a little modification or so, but nothing major). Wrestlemania XXXVIII will have just been held outside of North America, and the WWE network/movies thing will be no more

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
Wow, no idea. The likes of Dean Ambrose will be carrying the company, while Veterans like Cena and Punk will be putting the new generation over (if they're still around). As we all know, WWE is cyclical and right now it's climbing out of the rock bottom they hit around 2009 or so, so ten years from now may well be the peak.

I expect the stages to have changed, as well as all of the championships except the World Heavyweight Championship (maybe a little modification or so, but nothing major). Wrestlemania XXXVIII will have just been held outside of North America, and the WWE network/movies thing will be no more
I agree with the Dean Ambrose thing! Your sig makes me sad.

The peak would be nice too. I wonder how advanced the stages will get?

·
Banned
80 Posts
Lol its very sexual. Why do you think the next gimmick will be a super politician? How old are you?
Honestly, I see the world being a global government in the next ten years and Vince will capitalize off of that.

I am 16. Yeah young I know rub it in.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
I agree with the Dean Ambrose thing! Your sig makes me sad.

The peak would be nice too. I wonder how advanced the stages will get?
Haha, why? Is it the lack of hair or the fact that he's retired and a hall of famer?

Something just occured to me; this 3D fad might continue, and one day the titantron might be partially or fully three dimensional. o0o0o0o.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Some trends are clear:

1) More and more international roster. Look at population sizes and GDP growth rates to predict what they'll add. I see more Chinese and Indian wrestlers in particular. Also Brazilian and Nigerian.

2) The WWE Network channel. It'll happen. Most PPVs will be free on it except for the big ones.

3) Decline of the PPV model. Buyrates keep going down. Piracy goes up. PPVs will transition to free on the WWE Network channel. PPVs will feature much more advertising so they can monetize all the pirate streams and downloads. Big ones like Wrestlemania will still be a PPV. At least $100 by then.

4) The stage will be redone within 10 years. Generally the trend is bigger screens and more of them. Perhaps large flexible screens for the ring aprons, but that probably won't happen within 10 years, maybe 20.

·
Premium Member
15,042 Posts
I'm seriously doubtful I will be watching wrestling in 10 years. So, its quite hard to say where they will be in 10 years when WWE doesn't know where they will be in 10 days.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
Here's a less likely, but possible prediction.

The cost of VFX keeps declining. TV shows now do the type of CGI movies did a decade ago. We see increasing uses of real-time VFX - like the 1st down line in the NFL.

I expect WWE will try and take advantage of this.

Right now we have a supernatural character like Kane control pyro flames on the ring posts. In the future, they could just show CGI fireballs shoot out of his hands or lightning flash in Undertaker's eyes.

VFX like that wouldn't be visible to the live crowd, but could be added to the TV or PPV broadcast.

Perhaps they add CGI blood. It can't be done now in a way that looks at all decent now, but every year VFX gets cheaper and faster. And we already see real-time VFX used for sporting events and news channels.

WWE is all about the visual spectacle, so when the tech gets good enough I think WWE will try it.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Here's a less likely, but possible prediction.

The cost of VFX keeps declining. TV shows now do the type of CGI movies did a decade ago. We see increasing uses of real-time VFX - like the 1st down line in the NFL.

I expect WWE will try and take advantage of this.

Right now we have a supernatural character like Kane control pyro flames on the ring posts. In the future, they could just show CGI fireballs shoot out of his hands or lightning flash in Undertaker's eyes.

VFX like that wouldn't be visible to the live crowd, but could be added to the TV or PPV broadcast.

Perhaps they add CGI blood. It can't be done now in a way that looks at all decent now, but every year VFX gets cheaper and faster. And we already see real-time VFX used for sporting events and news channels.

WWE is all about the visual spectacle, so when the tech gets good enough I think WWE will try it.
That would totally reek of sucktitude, I so hope it doesn't happen

1 - 20 of 47 Posts