Discussion Starter #1
I would say top 15

Not in any order
The three of Austin,Hogan and Rock
Cena,Andre,Flair
HHH,Taker,Hbk,Bret
Bruno,George,Bob

Can't think of anyone else apart from these guys that was bigger than Batista

He had a short period but he was a huge draw,more than a few guys I mentioned like Shawn

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Top 15 for sure. He was a big draw.

@ OP, Randy savage. I would put batista alongside with savage.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Top 15 and no Randy Savage(also Sting)? lol. 80% of the wrestlers in the OP's list are not greater than him even in one category, top 5-7 material at worse.

As for Batista, he's somewhere in Top 30, drawing power he's up there, he was the only real game-changer in the last decade in 2005, and along with Cena, Lesnar and Orton, the "biggest, last, new stars" WWE created. His problem is more legacy, but even that, he had two memorable feuds and plenty of classic matches.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
I would say top 15

Not in any order
The three of Austin,Hogan and Rock
Cena,Andre,Flair
HHH,Taker,Hbk,Bret
Bruno,George,Bob

Can't think of anyone else apart from these guys that was bigger than Batista
Sting and Randy Savage are bigger and WAY better than Batista.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
^ you could make a case for Savage in his prime but sting is not bigger than batista.
Sting is one of the biggest stars ever in WCW. He was like the Undertaker of WCW (maybe more so the "face of the company"). Sure I can make a case for him. His feud with the nWo is legendary and bigger than all of Batista's feuds in WWE.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sting and Savage are both WAY bigger than Batista.. Hell, Jeff Hardy is bigger than Batista.
This. How the fuck can anyone say Batista is bigger than Sting? Yes Batista had massive starpower, but Sting is a fucking legend, an icon.

·
Administrator
59,161 Posts
Top 15? :lol

You people need to stop it with this all time great talk. Not every wrestler that was a star is on an all time great list.

·
Banned
561 Posts
This. How the fuck can anyone say Batista is bigger than Sting? Yes Batista had massive starpower, but Sting is a fucking legend, an icon.
sting was a big fish in a small pond, while batista was a whale in a tear drop

that means sting should have wrestled for wwe, and being with tna aint really helping his legacy either

batista is bigger than sting IMO

as for the OP, top 30 maybe

·
Registered
117 Posts
sting was a big fish in a small pond, while batista was a whale in a tear drop

that means sting should have wrestled for wwe, and being with tna aint really helping his legacy either

batista is bigger than sting

What is the criteria for great here? Draw? Because Sting could carry a company on his back with the money he used to make, Batista was a fine number 2 guy during a really stale time in the industry. Or is the criteria talent? Because Batista isn't even close to Stings league. Is it about who's memorable? Batista is just another muscle head body builder compared to Sting. Is it about who's had better matches? Sting. Who has more of a place in the whole of wrestling history? Sting. He has done much more for much longer.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
Seriously, this is the funnest thing I've read all week! Batista a bigger star than Sting? :lmao Sure Batista from 2005-2010 is bigger than TNA Sting but Steve has a legacy before the Impact Zone.

I recommend you guys watch WCW 1988 to 1999.

Savage was a better worker and better talker than Sting.
True. And WWF Savage is arguably as big a star as WCW Sting.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts