Wrestling Forum banner

Where the fuck are these 3 matches???

2143 23
Cody Rhodes vs. Golddust - Traditional tag team split with family ties making it even more interesting. As far as I know this match has never occurred, both are over, both are putting on excellent matches. Would have been a great undercard match.

Jack Swagger vs. Cesaro - Yeah the tag team division is going to shit again so why break up more teams? For one this team as well as the above can always team again after "settling their differences" or some such shit. This match has been organically built with the crowd seemingly firmly behind Cesaro (who's been putting on great matches left and right). This could have been a darkhorse contender for match of the night imo.

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio - Yeah yeah say what you want. The gimmick with the masks. Rey being injured. The original Sin Cara being gone. Still this is a FRESH match and call me stupid but the sight of thousands of people wearing masks would have been a cool visual and I think Mysterio has at least one decent match left in him this could have been it.

Instead of the above three matches, all of which scream WrestleMania we get some corny boring battle royal. I do not get this company.
Reactions: Maelstrom21
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง (ง •̀_•́)ง
6,845 Posts
They obviously don't feel like Swagger/Cesaro & Cody/Goldust are big enough for Wrestlemania (Debatable) so i think Swags/Cesaro will be saved for ER and they may feel like they need Cody/Goldie to stay together as another face tag team.

& Mysterio/Cara has the potential to be an absolute clusterfuck of a match and feud.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I know Sin Cara/Mysterio could be atrocious. Possible even be wrestlecrap worthy. It could also be surprisingly decent and above all else I just remember a time when WM was preserved for fresh matches that had never happened, not endless rematches and thrown together bullshit like Usos vs. Rybaxel and Shield vs. Kane/NAO.

· Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Sin Cara vs Rey - is Rey able to do singles matches, yet?

Cesaro vs Swagger - it would get lost in the shuffel. Do it at ER would make it more prominemt, and they'll be able to build it better.

Goldust vs Cody w Dusty as the ref - a great WM match, but also one that screams Goldust' retirement match. I think they were planning it, when he returned, but Goldy has made the comeback of the century, and wrestles as good as he ever has. It is too soon to do it now. Next year.

· Registered
1,442 Posts
I'm too wondering why the WM undercard has seemingly turned to shit.

Instead of the matches you listed + shield triple threat, we get:

30 man battle royal (Which isn't a bad idea as it gets a lot of people on the show)
Kane / NAO vs. The Shield (I mean honestly the fuck is this?)
Some sort of 3 or 4 way tag match (Has the talent to be good, but is seriously lacking if Goldust / Cody is in the Battle Royale)
Divas Clusterfuck match

IMO these four matches are much less appealing than the previous four, but hey it's just my opinion.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sin Cara vs Rey - is Rey able to do singles matches, yet?

Cesaro vs Swagger - it would get lost in the shuffel. Do it at ER would make it more prominemt, and they'll be able to build it better.

Goldust vs Cody w Dusty as the ref - a great WM match, but also one that screams Goldust' retirement match. I think they were planning it, when he returned, but Goldy has made the comeback of the century, and wrestles as good as he ever has. It is too soon to do it now. Next year.

I thought Mysterio was cleared? Hmmm might be a bit behind on that one. But it seems like it's now or never for Mysterio vs. Sin Cara. Yeah the match will probably suck but it's something different.

There's honestly not much of a shuffle to get lost in far as I can tell. Plus it's WM THIRTY for fucks sake they shouldn't worry *too* much about saving matches for B PPV's. I think Cesaro vs. Swagger could have started at WM as a respect match, then have them team a couple of more months with Swagger's jealousy rising, eventually turning and bam you've got a three month bloodfeud.

As for Rhodes and Goldie you know you could be right about keeping them a strong team and possibly saving that match for next year's WM, or possibly the upcoming SummerSlam.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm too wondering why the WM undercard has seemingly turned to shit.

Instead of the matches you listed + shield triple threat, we get:

30 man battle royal (Which isn't a bad idea as it gets a lot of people on the show)
Kane / NAO vs. The Shield (I mean honestly the fuck is this?)
Some sort of 3 or 4 way tag match (Has the talent to be good, but is seriously lacking if Goldust / Cody is in the Battle Royale)
Divas Clusterfuck match

IMO these four matches are much less appealing than the previous four, but hey it's just my opinion.

I'm glad somebody gets where I'm coming from! This shouldn't be "lets save that feud/match for late" this is a HUGE WRESTLEMANIA they should NOT worry about blowing their proverbial loads. It should be a supercard from top to bottom. None of this "well we can't have the crowd burning out" or "yeah but that match could be saved for bla bla" bullshit. And yeah the matches I listed have WAY more appeal (imo) than the bullshit we're getting on the undercard.

· Locker Room Leader
15,219 Posts
So you'd break up three tag teams at Mania?

They can hold off on these matches a while longer. The tag division needs all the teams it can have right now.

Ok Mysterio/Cara may not be a tag team but they do partner up every now and then.

· Registered
6,303 Posts
The days of WWE going absolutely all-out at WrestleMania are over. They're trying to save potential money matches to spread them out throughout the year. Sure, the three times they went all-out, it resulted in two of the greatest shows of all time (XIV, X-Seven, and XIX), but I think those days are gone.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The days of WWE going absolutely all-out at WrestleMania are over. They're trying to save potential money matches to spread them out throughout the year. Sure, the three times they went all-out, it resulted in two of the greatest shows of all time (XIV, X-Seven, and XIX), but I think those days are gone.

And that saddens me. WrestleMania should ALWAYS be a huge card.

· Registered
613 Posts
Cesaro damn well needs to be winning that battle royal! Is he even in it though?

· Registered
2,280 Posts
Honestly, there's no excuse for Cody and Goldust being left off Wrestlemania. They're both a part of the battle royal and have little to no direction. It's a shame considering how hot they were around Battleground. As a tag team, I don't see much more they can do right now. They should have a feud and blowoff match with Cody getting the win.

Now they are feuding with Fandango and dancing with Summer Rae? Sloppy, lazy booking.

· Registered
10,138 Posts
It should have been:

Kane vs Reigns
Cody vs Goldust
Ambrose vs Rollins US title

· Registered
4,582 Posts
Cody Rhodes vs. Golddust - Traditional tag team split with family ties making it even more interesting. As far as I know this match has never occurred, both are over, both are putting on excellent matches. Would have been a great undercard match.

Jack Swagger vs. Cesaro - Yeah the tag team division is going to shit again so why break up more teams? For one this team as well as the above can always team again after "settling their differences" or some such shit. This match has been organically built with the crowd seemingly firmly behind Cesaro (who's been putting on great matches left and right). This could have been a darkhorse contender for match of the night imo.

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio - Yeah yeah say what you want. The gimmick with the masks. Rey being injured. The original Sin Cara being gone. Still this is a FRESH match and call me stupid but the sight of thousands of people wearing masks would have been a cool visual and I think Mysterio has at least one decent match left in him this could have been it.

Instead of the above three matches, all of which scream WrestleMania we get some corny boring battle royal. I do not get this company.
I agree 100% on some of the matches missing.

It's funny. Everyone always assumed the WM undercard would be super stacked this year. For the past 2 months everyone was bitching (rightfully so) about the main event matches being shit. I feel as though, for the most part, WWE managed to do a great job of building up the top of the card with the last minute changes that occured recently. Although not my *ideal* card for the main events, I think the Bryan program, Cena/Wyatt and Lesnar/Taker are still very strong and I'm satisfied with them.

But the undercard is a train wreck. There have been rumors for the past year of many potential WM30 matches, including:

Ryback vs Goldberg
Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara
Cody vs Goldust
Rey Mysterio vs Del Rio hair vs mask match (i know we've seen them wrestle a lot, but a cool stipulation match makes for a good WM moment)
Cesaro vs Big Show? (give cesaro the possibility to do a big finishing move on big show)
Big Show vs Shaq? (was once rumored I believe).
Tag Team Turmoil for Tag Titles (Usos, Cody/Goldust, Real Americans, Prime Time Players, Rybaxel, Sin Cara/Mysterio - not all of those teams of course, but 2013 WWE had such a strong division i thought for sure it would culminate in a big tag-team turmoil match for titles at mania)

None of these matches are present, and I can't help but feel it's because WWE got lazy at the end. Goldberg was probably not worth it - but why not a quick gimmick match between Warrior vs Ryback instead? A lot of the other matches are completely possible - Cody/Goldust serve 0 purpose in the battle royal. They should either be in the Tag Title match, or have a match against each other.

Unlike you - I actually absolutely love the Battle Royal. I'm very, very excited about it and I think it will be a lot of fun. My problem is, WWE seem to be using it as a crutch, by just dumping everyone in. They could have dumped a lot of wrestlers in, yet still managed an extra 1-2 exciting matches on the side, but decided not to.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree 100% on some of the matches missing.

It's funny. Everyone always assumed the WM undercard would be super stacked this year. For the past 2 months everyone was bitching (rightfully so) about the main event matches being shit. I feel as though, for the most part, WWE managed to do a great job of building up the top of the card with the last minute changes that occured recently. Although not my *ideal* card for the main events, I think the Bryan program, Cena/Wyatt and Lesnar/Taker are still very strong and I'm satisfied with them.

But the undercard is a train wreck. There have been rumors for the past year of many potential WM30 matches, including:

Ryback vs Goldberg
Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara
Cody vs Goldust
Rey Mysterio vs Del Rio hair vs mask match (i know we've seen them wrestle a lot, but a cool stipulation match makes for a good WM moment)
Cesaro vs Big Show? (give cesaro the possibility to do a big finishing move on big show)
Big Show vs Shaq? (was once rumored I believe).
Tag Team Turmoil for Tag Titles (Usos, Cody/Goldust, Real Americans, Prime Time Players, Rybaxel, Sin Cara/Mysterio - not all of those teams of course, but 2013 WWE had such a strong division i thought for sure it would culminate in a big tag-team turmoil match for titles at mania)

None of these matches are present, and I can't help but feel it's because WWE got lazy at the end. Goldberg was probably not worth it - but why not a quick gimmick match between Warrior vs Ryback instead? A lot of the other matches are completely possible - Cody/Goldust serve 0 purpose in the battle royal. They should either be in the Tag Title match, or have a match against each other.

Unlike you - I actually absolutely love the Battle Royal. I'm very, very excited about it and I think it will be a lot of fun. My problem is, WWE seem to be using it as a crutch, by just dumping everyone in. They could have dumped a lot of wrestlers in, yet still managed an extra 1-2 exciting matches on the side, but decided not to.
Yeah I mean I'd be more for the battle royal if it wasn't, like you said, a crutch. If it were a 20 man battle royal or something and some of the guys were free to have literally any of the matches you or I suggested (some of which were being built naturally anyways) I'd be excited for it instead we're getting screwed out of some unique match ups in favor of a 30 man battle royal. I just dobn't get it. I mean the undercard is actually embarrasingly bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.