Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
AEW fan!
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, Ryback should go to AEW.

Today I had a conversation with a fan who said, Ryback would be better off on IMPACT because AEW is getting stacked.. He stated IMPACT needed the star power more.. He said the star power would grow IMPACT audience because AEW has plenty.

So what company should Ryback sign with?

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
NWA, but really why would anyone want to work with him? He comes off as such a bitter attention whore who would eventually create problems in any company he's in when he doesn't get his way.

·
The Babyface of WF
"What I've always wanted...A better world"
18,594 Posts
I wouldn't mind a WWE return but that's unlikely after the stuff he's said about them over the years, Don't burn bridges when your worth can't be accommodated for it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ryback would be best in some silly reality show, not a wrestling event. I honestly can't stand his demeanor, his voice and his face.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I think it depends on what he's looking for, is he wanting long term? He's 39 and I don't know if he has long term injuries or if he's completely healthy. But I think WWE, but he should have realistic expectations such as being a surprise entry to the Royal Rumble, and going through more mid card feuds - Possibly a bigger title feud where he doesn't win but comes off as a good threat.

I don't see him getting much space in AEW, they have far too many on the roster.

TNA is not a bad option though.

·
Premium Member
Babyface
10,020 Posts
Impact and indy dates. Impact could probably give him liveable wage and he could top up his income on the indies and convention circuit.

The indies really need a few guys with star power.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
At this point, go back to WWE. If the reports are correct, they're moving away from the smaller indy guys. So a jacked up steroid freak like him should fit right in.

I don't want him anywhere near AEW, and I doubt they would even want him.

Reactions: Shondor1888

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
At this point, go back to WWE. If the reports are correct, they're moving away from the smaller indy guys. So a jacked up steroid freak like him should fit right in.

I don't want him anywhere near AEW, and I doubt they would even want him.
If he goes to AEW, it should be under the conditions that he is prepared to lose often. His best use at this point as a character outside of WWE is as an entitled WWE ex-performer who expects evrything handed to him. This would allow him to capitalize on his notoriety, and he would be quite effective in this role. But his best use in an AEW would be to put over people like Darby, Sammy, Hobbs, and others right away.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
If he goes to AEW, it should be under the conditions that he is prepared to lose often. His best use at this point as a character outside of WWE is as an entitled WWE ex-performer who expects evrything handed to him. This would allow him to capitalize on his notoriety, and he would be quite effective in this role. But his best use in an AEW would be to put over people like Darby, Sammy, Hobbs, and others right away.
Ryback got over using a win streak. If you aren't going to have him bulldoze through everyone then it's a waste of time and money employing him.

I remember attending Raw in November 2012 and in person Ryback was most over act on show with the live fans despite sharing ring with Punk and Cena. That was after HIAC first defeat but he was still hot.

·
Ho!
18,656 Posts
I'm probably one of the few people that liked Ryback's initial run, and a lot of the stuff he did as a heel. Guy always felt intense which was refreshing, and then as a heel he just got pretty funny at points due to some goofiness.

I don't really want to see him in AEW though. At least not now. I don't watch Impact and wouldn't care enough to watch him in Impact, but maybe that's a good starting point. Let him establish himself there, then go to AEW after.

Though the idea of a Miro/Ryback match sounds really fun. They had some really good ones back in late 2014-early 2015. Plus the idea of Ryback being in the same company as Punk would be hilarious. If they ever actually worked together, then I'd be amazed. It'd be money though if played right. The Ryback shit-talking that Punk did on that Cabana podcast was one of the funniest parts of that whole thing "I'm dumb as fuck, I'm sorry."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ryback in the realm of professional wrestling is a nobody, no one would pay a dime to see the big doofus. He had one short main event level run back in 2012, then proceeded to be buried by Punk and then The Shield put the big doofus through a table most week until he turned heel and was buried by Cena. The guy sucked then, he sucks now and the only place he should be wrestling is in a retirement home where the elderly will be too old to remember how awful he is both in ring and out the ring.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts