Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,667 Posts
Re: Where on earth is Tye Dillenger?

He was on Smackdown this week in a Sonic commercial/product placement bit with Sami Zayn.

It seems like he's just kind of gotten lost in the shuffle, which is a shame. This interview Road Dogg did about Smackdown on X-Pac's podcast a few weeks ago speaks to that.

The discussion turned to the length of the show, and James insisted that it’s easier to watch and write a two show. He said no one understands “the monumental task” of writing three hours per week, but thinks RAW has a fresh start and look now after the shake-up that is helping. “Do I wish I could get a two hour and twenty-minute show? Sure, because I could get the Luke Harpers and Tye Dillingers on,” he admitted. “I don’t want a third hour, but I’d love to have an extra fifteen minutes.” X-Pac admitted he wasn’t a fan of the brand split years ago, he is this time around. James joked that he didn’t understand it the first time mainly because he was high, but he thinks the split gives people “opportunity” to shine.

·
keeping it casual
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

a sonic commercial :maury

watch them become a tag team

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts

Clearly another NXT guy who was called up without any real plan or direction for him.

Which is a great shame since he's never had any problem getting over with people.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

Counting stuff.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts

Sitting at home happy that he has a much bigger paycheck going from NXT to the main roster.

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
Registered
73 Posts

Living up to his potential.. He already hit his ceiling on Smackdown.. There's not much they can do with a guy like Tye Dillinger.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts

I feel like Dillinger JUST got promoted, yet he's ALREADY lost in the shuffle. That's awful. This is worse than Breeze. They just randomly gave up on him.
"Randomly gave up"? :mj2

There was nothing random about any of this. It's just been par for the course.

NXT offloads the people they don't have plans for when they threaten to derail the product they have planned (there was a Bryan-like upswell benieth both Breeze & Tye befrore they were offloaded), and they're left to tread the waters of purgatory on the main roster indefinitely.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,244 Posts

"Randomly gave up"? :mj2

There was nothing random about any of this. It's just been par for the course.

NXT offloads the people they don't have plans for when they threaten to derail the product they have planned (there was a Bryan-like upswell benieth both Breeze & Tye befrore they were offloaded), and they're left to tread the waters of purgatory on the main roster indefinitely.
Tye and Tyler are similar in that they were the hottest mid card acts in NXT, yet kept jobbing to the stars and never getting anything substantial in terms of a push or storyline. Breeze at least had a brief stint on the top of NXT in Spring and Summer 2014 with Kidd, Zayn, and Neville. Dillinger never got that in spite of getting over. Even if he was a walking meme, they should've used that momentum to put him in a hot feud with the NXT Champion. In spite of all this, he could've STILL been a solid mid card champion. I feel like he was on TV for two weeks before inexplicably disappearing. That's an embarrassing lack of effort on behalf of WWE. So to conclude, I disagree that they could even be compared to Bryan's level of potential derailment on NXT, but the main roster did neither guy any justice when they could've been solid mid carders.

·
THE CORPOLUTIONSTRY
1,994 Posts

I don't believe anyone should be called up without a long-term plan for them, and that's obviously the case here. He SHOULD be feuding with Kevin Owens over the US Title.

Breeze and Tye both (and now it'll be Ohno, Roddy, etc carrying the same burden) really present a strong argument for a midcard title in NXT, something akin to the old FCW 15 Championship. Because they could at least be doing something if there was a midcard title.

·
Banned
247 Posts

He's too generic to make it anywhere in WWE. He'll get a nice paycheck for a few years, get released, and maybe become a decent player in the indies.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts