Wrestling Forum banner

Where is the X-Division?

870 Views 14 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  acracker
Didn't they just have a X-Division tournament not so long ago? It's been awhile since we've seen Kazarian and now Gen Me just jobbed to Ink Inc.

and of course.. Where is Daffney? <-- had to add this.

nevermind...looks like i've spoken too soon.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
12,961 Posts
They got AJ Styles and Samoa Joe basically doing nothing. New faces is ok but you have to pick the right faces. But AJ and Joe was perfect faces for the X division. With Kennedy and Hardy in the main event, with RVD,Sting,Angle and Jarrett is you guys still hoping for AJ(after 10 years) to finally be the main star? No, he was the star and face of the X division. People accepted him more in that role and TNA made more money off him that way. It make common sense and cents $$$

· Anti-Hero
11,509 Posts
Originally the X division was one of the things that made TNA standout. It was basically like a cruiserweight title except they treated it like it was important so the fans and the talent treated it like it was important. Subsequently some really great matches have taken place over the years under the X banner.
However, it seems that over the last couple years and even more so since Hogan and Bischoff arrived. TNA have really been giving the older talent with name recognition the big pushes and larger contracts. We've seen them fail to resign some of their younger talent and the X division has suffered. When was the last time we saw Jay Lethal on Impact. Didn't he get screwed out of the title by Cookie?
I read somewhere that TNA was looking to refocus on their X division but I'm still waiting.

· Registered
613 Posts
i recently spoke to Chris Sabin when i ran into him in my home town (picture is in the women of wrestling section cuz Velvet Sky is also in the pic) and he told me they were looking to bolster the x division roster and bring it back into the forefront. he also said that he and Alex Shelley would be split up for a while when they do that. if they had any sense they would bring back Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, Low-Ki, and Daniels (yeah i know hes Suicide right now, but hes better as himself). and they need to bring back the X Cup to display talents from all over the world that dont appear in TNA regularly

· Registered
16,683 Posts
Exactly they have like no talent.

More importantly where the fuck did the TV Championship go.That belt concept is like the best in all pro wrestling. Its basically a defending belt. Which makes it legit person is always defending it. Id rather be a defending TV champ and hold it for a long time. Then only defend the world belt a few times.

TNA has a great amount of talent for the TV belt.

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
No direction. That pretty much sums up the X Division. I really liked what they had set up for Against All Odds with the 3 way contenders match with Kazarian facing the winner at VR. I ASSUME that was the plan, but GenMe's flight issues threw that out of whack I guess. And now they are just doing this random Ultimate X Match just for the sake of it.

The talents don't get featured nearly often enough to make us think they are an important part of the show. Tag & KO are on every week. X Division? Nah.

I've had my ideas to help elevate the X Division. I think adding RVD into it would give it instant credibility and give the X Division talents a recognizable name to work with. Hell maybe even Matt Hardy might work there. They definitely need to scout and get new blood in there. Robbie E just doesn't cut it. But there are just no feuds or anything going on with the X Division now. KOs got something going on every week and for the title they still have Mickie/Madison as kind of their focal point and all the extra stuff with Sarita, Velvet, Angelina, Winter, etc to add depth. I'm not saying that stuff is great (some of it is downright awful) but at least it feels like they have a plan for the KOs. And hell, look at the tag team division. Even in its depleted state with The Guns out of the picture, they still present the champions (Beer Money) as guys that rule the division and are always on the look out for new opponents. They COULD do that with Kazarian too, but it hasn't quite gone that way.

More depth, a big star or two, and a direction. That will help.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Dixie, Bischoff and others claim they’re pushing it back to the forefront, which, going off history and what they’ve done recently means they give lip service to rebuilding it for 3-4 weeks only to lose interest and have it go back to the bottom level division that is fed to whatever mid-card act they want to get over that week or featured in a throwaway 3 minute match (if they make TV, which they didn’t on half the shows this PPV cycle), and are put into multi-man gimmick matches with no build in the opening slot on PPVs until they decide they want to rebuild the division again 4-5 months down the line. Until they change bookers or hire some ex-WWE guys they can put in the division who will keep the bookers’ attention, I don’t see it changing.

i recently spoke to Chris Sabin when i ran into him in my home town (picture is in the women of wrestling section cuz Velvet Sky is also in the pic) and he told me they were looking to bolster the x division roster and bring it back into the forefront. he also said that he and Alex Shelley would be split up for a while when they do that. if they had any sense they would bring back Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, Low-Ki, and Daniels (yeah i know hes Suicide right now, but hes better as himself). and they need to bring back the X Cup to display talents from all over the world that dont appear in TNA regularly
I hope that by the time Shelley is ready to return, they nix the split they were seemingly teasing before his injury since no matter how many times TNA claims they want and are going to rebuild the X Division, they never do and the tag division (one of their strongest points for much of 2010) has been limping along the last couple months, showing how valuable the Guns are as a team. Splitting up one if their better acts in order to put them in a lower division that gets far less TV time would be foolish. That’s not even considering them teasing Gen Me are heading for a split on tonight’s show, which weakens the tag division even more and could lead to overkill on the tag team splitting storyline if the Guns also split around the time 3D finish their feud.

· Registered
260 Posts
Originally the X division was one of the things that made TNA standout. It was basically like a cruiserweight title except they treated it like it was important so the fans and the talent treated it like it was important. Subsequently some really great matches have taken place over the years under the X banner.
However, it seems that over the last couple years and even more so since Hogan and Bischoff arrived. TNA have really been giving the older talent with name recognition the big pushes and larger contracts. We've seen them fail to resign some of their younger talent and the X division has suffered. When was the last time we saw Jay Lethal on Impact. Didn't he get screwed out of the title by Cookie?
I read somewhere that TNA was looking to refocus on their X division but I'm still waiting.
what happened was WWE released someone, so all of TNA's original plans went on hold so they could focus on bringing in the next "big change to the wrestling landscape" - and then a week later have him jobbed out to Gunner and Murphy

I'd absolutely LOVE and mark the fuck out if Vince McMahon walked out on Raw, and introduced the big surprise that WWE know we've all been waiting for, and something that will change the world of sports entertainment so it will never be the same again..... SHARK BOY!!

that would make me piss myself laughing, watching McMahon bring out a TNA jobber and re-use the same shit Dixie pulls out every time WWE lets someone go

· Registered
8,175 Posts
I would bring in a bunch of new guys to help bolster the X-Division

Kenny Omega
Kota Ibushi
TJ Perkins
Chuck Taylor
Aerostar
Kenny King
Pac

I think if they added these guys to go along with the guys like Sabin, Shelley, Lethal, and Kaz on the roster. TNA could have an X-Division that rivals even the WCW Cruiserweight Division at its best.

They just need to be in a company that's smart enough to showcase them. If they put these guys at the beginning of every Impact, instead of a 20 minute Blab-Fest. Or if they put them in the middle of the shows, instead having all these useless backstage brawls that they have 2, or 3 times a show, they might have something!

The good thing about these guys is they wouldn't be too expensive to bring in. They could probably bring all these guys in for what they're paying guys like RVD and Jeff Hardy.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
No direction. That pretty much sums up the X Division. I really liked what they had set up for Against All Odds with the 3 way contenders match with Kazarian facing the winner at VR. I ASSUME that was the plan, but GenMe's flight issues threw that out of whack I guess. And now they are just doing this random Ultimate X Match just for the sake of it.

The talents don't get featured nearly often enough to make us think they are an important part of the show. Tag & KO are on every week. X Division? Nah.

I've had my ideas to help elevate the X Division. I think adding RVD into it would give it instant credibility and give the X Division talents a recognizable name to work with. Hell maybe even Matt Hardy might work there. More depth, a big star or two, and a direction. That will help.
I see where you are coming form here, problem is RVD and Hardy came in and right from the get go they got the HWT, proving just how much they care'd about the x division, trust me the sheeple that love these guys would belive them if they said that the x title was where it was at, problem is they didnt, they took centre stage phoned in what was left of their talent and it hasnt benefitted anyone in the long run

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.