Wrestling Forum banner

Where is Slate Randall?

5801 Views 46 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  deathslayer
Why is this guy not on NXT tv yet? Right now they've got Brodus Clay in the "main event" scene with Adrian Neville, so surely there's a spot for Randall.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
7,287 Posts
Because they're waiting for the post-WM callups to go through before making a bunch of debuts. Randall, Kalisto, Solomon Crowe, etc, they're going to want to give them big pushes out of the gate and they need room on the show for that.

· Registered
1,351 Posts
I agree. This dude is the shit. Acts a lot like The Rock but that's not a bad thing. He cuts promos that make the other NXT wrestlers look like amateurs.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

· GENKI D&
3,245 Posts

I love this guy. Good in ring, great look, mic skills that are way above his NXT peers, he is the real deal. I see money in this guy.

· GENKI D&
3,245 Posts
His matches aren't bad. He's a seasoned Alex Riley. Shame they didn't resign Brian Cage. They were great together.
This

Some more of that promo work. Love this guy, he just gives off "star vibe", the "it" factor.

· GENKI D&
3,245 Posts
Is Randall great in the ring or is he loved solely for his mic skills? I say this because I always see promos posted never matches.
He's good, not great, but good enough for him to put on great ones with the right guy.

· Registered
4,256 Posts
His only downside is his age. I just hope he'll have a brief stint in nxt, maybe 6-12 months and jump to the main roster after that.

· Registered
15,021 Posts
Be afraid. Because this pic is from tonights NXT house show, and with a television taping this week, I wonder if they're working on chemistry/matches we're going to see at the tapings...

OTOH it would be a solid way to debut Slate if he went over Rawley in an "upset".

(Also what is up with SR's boots?!?)

· Registered
3,132 Posts
im not going to lie its very rare where i see someone and say this guy is going to be IT but damn i see money in this dude his in ring ability isn't top tier but he knows how to put on a match doh everything else is gold and one thing i notice about his style is he would pretty much fit in well with the wwe with virtually no tweaking...i mean the guy cuts promos full of gold and destroys people on the mic and he doesn't even curse or anything like that and his words would catch on quick dummy, huh?, let me talk to ya and fact of life.

i really hope he keeps this style

· Registered
836 Posts
You don't see guys on the indies that can cut good promos everyday, so to find a guy who has the WWE prototype look and the mic/wrestling ability to match is just incredible. Looking back at his work on the indies it seems like Slate was a pretty polished prospect, so WWE/Triple H must have big plans for him and really want to find something good for him before debuting him on NXT. Not a bad idea considering how many guys (Leo Kruger, Solomon Crowe, etc) on NXT have had so many gimmick changes of late.

· Registered
4,256 Posts
I think that Randall's the best talent in NXT currently beside Sami Zayn. He's 31 though, which is pretty old for developmental standards, so he should be put on to NXT asap or he might get released like Ohno/Hero.
Yeah that's my main fear, but Cesaro signed at 31 so not all hopes are lost

· Registered
4,256 Posts
Yep no doubt HHH and others veterans dig him. But it's a bit weird he hasn't popped up yet on tv since they got him since last spring. Are they many more in that spot?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.