Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used search lots of times, and i need it still! where is it??????

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
It's a hack. It went with the upgrade. Nitemare will (hopefully) reinstall it.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Why did Amish even upgrade without Nitemare around...

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Because I did it to keep these damn forums up for the time being.. there was an issue with the last version and it was killing the server. Search option isn't an hack. I disabled it. Get used to it.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
I realised after I posted that the Search wasn't a hack, because things that are hacks are still there. Why disable it? Why disable New Posts as well? Search I can see perhaps putting unnecessary strain on something (although I have no idea what) but New Posts was a well used function that promoted posting as it took people straight to the most active threads.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Okay, Amish or Cody, go to vBulletin Options and then go to Message Searching Options. Once there, reenable search, nubs.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Haha, yeah like the nubs in the WOW section do that. They always post pictures that have been posted hundreds of times over, and say "OMG NEW PICS LOOK HERE WOW". :)

People, there IS a reason that the search feature is disabled for now...so no need to keep going on about how it's useful. I'm pretty sure people know that a search feature is useful.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Well if people want me to re=enable it with the risk of the forums crashin every 5 minutes, sure, I'll do that.

The search feature is using LOTS of server resources and it's effectively slowing down loading time which crashes the server.

I'm not doing it because I freakin want to, I use it a lot to.. it will be back in the future but NOT until these issues have been sorted.

Wanna hear something? My server basically told me your forum traffic is growing so we'd recommend you move to a new server. That would mean in addition to $250/month right now, I'd have to pay the same amount on top meaning $500/month for two servers.

Sorry folks, but I won't be doing that.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Yeh it does suck but the only other alternative is going down every 5 minutes or temporarily disabling features. Sorry I don't have the cash to get a brand new server for you guys to do everything you want, how selfish of me. o.

·
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Thro
9,312 Posts
G0d Yo. said:
The search feature is using LOTS of server resources and it's effectively slowing down loading time which crashes the server.
Yeah, I've noticed the forums are faster now.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Faster?

I clicked a page, went upstairs for 45 mins, came back, and it was still loading. That happens to me like every 1 in 3 times I click something. (When it doesn't load in 30 seconds, I re click and then it loads)

·
Buzz Killington
2,202 Posts
well maybe that may mean that ur computer is slow?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts