Wrestling Forum banner

Where is Matt Striker?

2418 22
Why is Josh Matthews announcing with Michael Cole? What is Tood Grisham doing these days?
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
Todd's been doing interview's backstage.
And before Striker left it was Striker, Matthews, and Cole.
I have no idea where he is, I turned to superstars for a second and I think I heard him but I'm not sure.
He's been gone ever since the infamous "mark out" comment. Hahaha.

Also, this should be in the Smackdown section.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Striker is hosting NXT, Grisham commentates NXT. But I think Striker is just waiting for Lawler to retire so he can take over his role.
Please no..

Cole/Matthews is more exciting...

Because Striker and Cole are both Color-Commentators it conflicts...

Keep Booker as Color Commentator of Smackdown, move ol Joshy up to RAW and then we have room for Todd to Play-By-Play on Smackdown and Striker continue doing his shitz on NXT

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
At a McDonalds annoying a hungry customer by overly explaining what's in the food he's handing to them over the counter.

He's actually a commentator on Superstars and I hear he still hosts NXT which I just remembered is still being produced.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Striker is hosting NXT, Grisham commentates NXT. But I think Striker is just waiting for Lawler to retire so he can take over his role.
I am pretty sure the swerve is that Lawler is the GM and he will just demote cole to Raw only duty soon enough.

Unless Striker fucked Steph, i doubt he is going to be fired/dropped anytime soon. He might be leaving on his own accord though.

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
4,473 Posts
WWE weren't happy with the commentary at RR, and Striker's as of late. They had to make the cut for Booker, and it was either Cole or Striker, obviously Striker jobbed to Cole. ;)

I don't blame them. I was getting sick of Striker's random nicknames. Zeke is Planet Nibiru? Fuck me...

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,324 Posts
Please no..

Cole/Matthews is more exciting...

Because Striker and Cole are both Color-Commentators it conflicts...

Keep Booker as Color Commentator of Smackdown, move ol Joshy up to RAW and then we have room for Todd to Play-By-Play on Smackdown and Striker continue doing his shitz on NXT
NXT is finishing after Mania. So what would Striker be doing? Keep Grisham as a interveiwer for RAW and Smackdown and put Striker on the RAW team with Mathews staying on Smackdown.

Also Striker isn't a colour commentator he's more of a play by play guy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I don't like NXT shit that much, but sometimes i watch it and Striker is there. I really didn't want Striker to go away from the commentating on the brands, but as you've said it, the "mark out" comment.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
Striker was on Superstars this week instead of Matthews. Like some of the others on here I'm thinking he's going to replace Lawler soon but they don't want it to be a direct swap; instead they're letting Matthews fill in to bridge the gap. Unlike some of you though I don't think it will happen after WM27, I see it happening as early as next week. I can easily imagine Cole intefering in the title match getting knocked out by King which would then cost him his job, afterall, they've been talking about that for weeks so it would be odd if it didn't happen.

·
Banned
8,284 Posts
Matt Striker is still hosting NXT and commentating on WWE Superstars.

Todd Grisham is now the backstage interviewer on SmackDown and commentating on NXT.

Both basically got demoted in favor of Josh Matthews and Booker T, who are both far less annoying and more entertaining in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.