Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shes light years ahead of what Eva was when she was wrestling on NXT, so where is she? Shes hot as fuck and is actually pretty good in the ring. If you got Sonya/Daria and Aliyah having matches on NXT then Mandy should be having matches, because Mandy is alot better than them and alot hotter.

Mandy had like 2 matches and then disappeared, with the promise she showed in those two matches i don't get why they took her off tv, at least for this long anyways.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I wanna know this too. I remember seeing her wrestle on one episode of NXT awhile back and then she was never on again after that. People on here keep talking about her and I'm wondering where is she? I know NXT tours so maybe she's doing house shows? I dunno.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Somewhere being a hoe probably.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
I don't know if I would call her "pretty good in the ring". She was good for the level she was. And like I said a long time ago, maybe they don't want to expose her too soon, like they did with Liv, who most people agree she is a very hot girl but she is pretty bad at wrestling and promos. Maybe they don't want to her to be labeled as another hot girl who can't wrestle. The fact that she is off tv but doing live shows constantly makes me think that they want her to improove because they likely have big plans for her.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
She is hot, and her golden goddess character is already set in my opinion. Good in ring for her experience and somewhat charismatic. I think at this point there is nothing stopping her from appearing on NXT regularly. She is already good enough for the midcard but considering her experience she should probably remain in the lower card for now. NXT needs more lower card girls in their women division anyway and she can be used to give credibility when she jobs to the other women. Basically, Live and Aliyah's role but I think Liv badly needs a revamped character and Aliyah just needs a character in the first place. Those two should really be pure jobbers at this point and considering their prior appearances on NXT, having Mandy defeat them would give her much needed credibility.

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
She's working live events. I'd rather them hold her off TV until she's ready or until they've got a great story for her.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
My thought and hope is that she’s being held off for the Women’s Tournament in July.

Also, let’s pump the brakes a bit. Now, I am very excited to see more of her. Obviously she’s hot. She’s got the fitness body. She seems to have a star presence. But she’s had one singles match on TV that was against Ember. And yes, she was very impressive in that match given her experience. But let’s not discount who she was in the ring with and her small sample size so far.

Again, I’m really looking forward to see how far she has come on NXT TV but let’s slow down on the hype with her for a bit.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
12,982 Posts
Working live events and house shows. I'm glad that she's improving and getting good reviews from live event reports. When she reappears I'm going to channel cory graves lol.

·
2nd Nature
3,525 Posts
Probably just being kept around for Live Events till her contract expires.

With the influx of talent that is coming in, Evie, Nixon, Kairi, Io and possibly more. And not forgetting Kimber Lee and Sarah Dobson who are no doubt part of the womens tournament. Plus Lacey Evans and Sonya seem to have gained spots on NXT tv already i don't see much room for her to fit in any time soon.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Probably just being kept around for Live Events till her contract expires.

With the influx of talent that is coming in, Evie, Nixon, Kairi, Io and possibly more. And not forgetting Kimber Lee and Sarah Dobson who are no doubt part of the womens tournament. Plus Lacey Evans and Sonya seem to have gained spots on NXT tv already i don't see much room for her to fit in any time soon.
Really? I personally don’t think that is the case. They have a 32 Women’s Tournament to fill and I do believe that she will be one of the participants. Plus, given her looks I don’t see them not using her.

Hell, a guy like Dylan Miley wasn’t on TV for how long?

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,118 Posts
I like Mandy but lets not overrate her, last thing we need is Alexa Bliss 2.0, and I mean that in many ways. She had one decent but impressive showing in a relatively short match. She's come along quite quickly considering how short a time she's been in the business, she has a great look and she shows some all round natural wrestling ability/aura. But she's young and she's still very green. As a fan of Mandy I have no issue with them keeping her off NXT TV for another year, let her really develop and grow as a wrestler before putting her on TV and then keep her in NXT for a couple of years so she can continue to improve. There's way too many terrible-mediocre womens wrestlers in WWE still who just get rushed too quickly. Let Mandy keep developing and push her when she is really ready. WWE across NXT and the Main Roster already have enough attractive women who are below average workers; Bliss, Carmella, Dana, Lana, Liv, Billie, Daria, etc. I want Mandy to be something different, I want Mandy to be allowed to improve to a good level before she's put on TV and pushed.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Reactions: Jess91

·
2nd Nature
3,525 Posts
Really? I personally don’t think that is the case. They have a 32 Women’s Tournament to fill and I do believe that she will be one of the participants. Plus, given her looks I don’t see them not using her.

Hell, a guy like Dylan Miley wasn’t on TV for how long?
Dylan Miley was injured for a long period of time, that's not the case with Mandy as far as i know. I could be wrong though.

·
I will make something truly astonishing!
4,218 Posts
For once maybe the developmental 'brand' are allowing someone to actually develop before pushing them?

Surprising as it may be.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Check her Instagram (as I do quite frequently for, uhh, research purposes). She's working a lot of house shows.

Most likely, there's no spot for her right now. The focus is on heel champ Asuka, as well as top heel contender Nikki Cross, leaving no real room for another top heel to shine. And someone with the look and ability of Mandy shouldn't be brought in to make up the numbers. The fact that she wasn't used for that battle royal a few weeks back, where they drafted everyone who's ever been on NXT TV plus some bitches I've never seen, speaks volumes about how creative want to protect her. She's not injured, constantly on those live events, but NXT higher ups don't want her to be just another body on TV.

It's smart, and I have high hopes for her role once Asuka moves on and the roster in general shuffles a bit.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Dylan Miley was injured for a long period of time, that's not the case with Mandy as far as i know. I could be wrong though.
Ok probably a bad example. But we’ve also seen guys like Tucker Knight or Jason Jordan be in developmental for a long time before finally getting a shot on TV. And the thing with them is, they took a long time to finally find the right gimmick for them.

Mandy already seems to have her “Golden Goddess” gimmick down while continuing to work the house show circuit.

Point is, I really doubt they let someone who looks like her and has shown to be at least competent so far go.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
For once maybe the developmental 'brand' are allowing someone to actually develop before pushing them?

Surprising as it may be.
Well they can let her develop on the actual developmental show then, back in FCW they didn't have the talent developing on untelevised house shows they actually had them on the show.

She doesn't have to have a big push or anything just putting her in the Liv Morgan role would be good, where shes on there and occasionally picks up a win here and there, but for the most part is just there to learn and get better while putting others over for the time being.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts