Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
WWE Wrestler Evan Bourne Sustains Midfoot Fracture
March 28, 2012

evan bourneWWE wrestler Evan Bourne sustained a midfoot fracture dislocation in a car accident last week. Midfoot fractures, otherwise known as LisFranc fracture dislocations, are career threatening injuries to athletes and heavy laborers alike, even when treated well.

Bourne announced the injury on his own twitter account. One of the tweets read “Broken in 4 spots, dislocated in 5!” He also tweeted out several pictures of the injury that indicate he has undergone a partial open reduction with percutaneous (pin) fixation.

The midfoot is best understood as a Roman Arch (figure 1).

When one of the bones of the midfoot is broken, or one of the ligaments torn, the arch will collapse, guaranteeing arthritis of the midfoot. The collapsed arthritic midfoot is one the most challenging reconstructions in Ankle and Foot surgery. Satisfaction rates after surgery are low as it just never feels right and the push-off power is difficult to generate. Therefore, midfoot fracture dislocations are almost always treated surgically.

Figure 1: Roman Arch

In isolated ligament injuries without fracture, the challenge is to identify the torn ligaments. While MRI can be helpful, weight bearing x-rays of the foot give a better picture of stability when compared to the uninjured foot. As an orthopedic surgeon, I believe in an open reduction and internal fixation of the joints with plates and screws to obtain rigid arch support. Occasionally some associated joints require percutaneous (pin fixation). Sometimes the joints are injured so badly that they need to be fused together.

Patients must be kept non-weight bearing for extended periods of time (6 weeks to 3 months) to permit healing after either procedure (fixation or fusion).

It is unknown whether or not Bourne will return to wrestling after this injury but one thing is certain – it’s going to be a long road to recovery.

·
Registered
802 Posts
WWE Wrestler Evan Bourne Sustains Midfoot Fracture
March 28, 2012

evan bourneWWE wrestler Evan Bourne sustained a midfoot fracture dislocation in a car accident last week. Midfoot fractures, otherwise known as LisFranc fracture dislocations, are career threatening injuries to athletes and heavy laborers alike, even when treated well.

Bourne announced the injury on his own twitter account. One of the tweets read “Broken in 4 spots, dislocated in 5!” He also tweeted out several pictures of the injury that indicate he has undergone a partial open reduction with percutaneous (pin) fixation.

The midfoot is best understood as a Roman Arch (figure 1).

When one of the bones of the midfoot is broken, or one of the ligaments torn, the arch will collapse, guaranteeing arthritis of the midfoot. The collapsed arthritic midfoot is one the most challenging reconstructions in Ankle and Foot surgery. Satisfaction rates after surgery are low as it just never feels right and the push-off power is difficult to generate. Therefore, midfoot fracture dislocations are almost always treated surgically.

Figure 1: Roman Arch

In isolated ligament injuries without fracture, the challenge is to identify the torn ligaments. While MRI can be helpful, weight bearing x-rays of the foot give a better picture of stability when compared to the uninjured foot. As an orthopedic surgeon, I believe in an open reduction and internal fixation of the joints with plates and screws to obtain rigid arch support. Occasionally some associated joints require percutaneous (pin fixation). Sometimes the joints are injured so badly that they need to be fused together.

Patients must be kept non-weight bearing for extended periods of time (6 weeks to 3 months) to permit healing after either procedure (fixation or fusion).

It is unknown whether or not Bourne will return to wrestling after this injury but one thing is certain – it’s going to be a long road to recovery.
Things are just not working out for him, are they.

·
Banned
370 Posts
He got a really serious foot injury.

Apparently it could fuck up his walking for the rest of his life even after it's healed because of how bad it is.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
You know....I'm tempted to say something about Karma and snitching but......I won't. ;)

In all seriousness, hopefully he is at least able to walk normally after surgery.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Snitches get stiches! Thats what happened!kharma is a bitch and where the hell is she? I hope he's able to walk again,but snitches get no respect from me.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
^ I hope Kharma comes back. I marked out hard when she made her appearance at the Royal Rumble and kicked Cole's ass.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Evan Bourne got suspended a while ago for failing the wellness test and then when he was due to return he injured his foot in a car crash so who knows how long it will take for him to recover from that

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
^ more like 'who cares' at this point. Unless they make a Cruiserweight division, I see no future for Evan Boring.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Snitches get stiches! Thats what happened!kharma is a bitch and where the hell is she? I hope he's able to walk again,but snitches get no respect from me.
He didn't snitch. Don't believe the bullshit you read on the internet.

·
Registered
778 Posts
^ more like 'who cares' at this point. Unless they make a Cruiserweight division, I see no future for Evan Boring.
If WWE still want to make their cruiserweight show thing, then he still has a chance.
I hope he recovers , that was one bad accident :/

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
If WWE still want to make their cruiserweight show thing, then he still has a chance.
I hope he recovers , that was one bad accident :/
If the WWE decides to go the Cruiserweight-Division route, I would have Dean Malenko come out to the ring with his old-school WCW theme along with the Former-WCW Cruiserweight belt and basically cut a serious('cause that's all he can do...lol) promo about how the Cruiserweights are being underutilized so he came up with the "suggestion" of bringing back a division that has long since been needed today.

Or something like that. :D

Can you imagine the Mark-out here on these boards if Dean came out to that theme?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts