Wrestling Forum banner

Where is Daniel Bryan's personality?

4309 Views 50 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  C-Cool
I keep hearing Daniel Bryan fans on here saying that WWE should let Bryan show more of his personality, but I haven't seen a sign of it since NXT season 1. He's been as bland as can be (not in the ring), and I just want to know, DB fans, what was daniel bryans character in ROH? what kind of personality did he have? videos would be appreciated.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2,234 Posts
I personally haven't seen much of Bryan outside of WWE aside from a few matches of Youtube, but considering how WWE is run these days, its VERY likely that management has told him to be deliberately bland in order to not get himself over too much. The same thing applied to the old days when Vince didn't want guys outshining Hogan in the ring too much.

Say whatever you personally feel about Bryan, but its not farfetched to beleive he could outshine 75% of the roster (who don't have remarkable personalities either in addition to Bryan's internet fanfare) easily if given the go ahead by management.

· Banned
6,072 Posts
His personality came out a lot during ROH title reign. Seek his matches against Samoa Joe, Delirious, and Roderick Strong.

· Registered
10,503 Posts
Where's his personality? Ask the writers and the people in creative. Its not like he can just go out there and grab a mic and say what he wants.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
He doesn't have too much personality, but what he does have is being covered up with a shitty gimmick and the ability to rarely talk. Not his fault on those accounts. If he was allowed to be the way he was on NXT, he'd be a lot better.

It's probably hanging out with his charisma, marketability and intimidating look on Planet Nowhere. 8*D
I hear AJ Styles is the Emperor of that planet.

· Banned
6,748 Posts
What the fuck program are you watching on Monday nights? The guy is one of the best on the mic. Even though it's fake you can tell he speaks from the heart. Don't you remember his bit on how he wasn't the prototypical "big man" that Vince likes. It's unfortunate for you that he isn't coming out in flashy tights, or working a solid "catch phrase" to get over with the fans. Watch something else you goon.

· Banned
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What the fuck program are you watching on Monday nights? The guy is one of the best on the mic. Even though it's fake you can tell he speaks from the heart. Don't you remember his bit on how he wasn't the prototypical "big man" that Vince likes. It's unfortunate for you that he isn't coming out in flashy tights, or working a solid "catch phrase" to get over with the fans. Watch something else you goon.
OH I'M SORRY MOTHERFUCKER, I'LL BE SURE TO PAY EXTRA ATTENTION TO DANIEL BRYAN FROM NOW ON SINCE YOU CAN SO CLEARLY TELL HE SPEAKS FROM HIS FUCKING HEART EVEN THOUGH HE NEVER GETS MORE THAN 2 SECONDS OF MIC TIME, YOU FUCKING CHODE.

· Harley's Circus
2,569 Posts
Danielson's lack of personality is due in part to Micheal Cole burying him every week calling him a nerd and a loser. No one can get mic time if the mouthpiece of the WWE is only serving to call him horrible every time he comes out.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.