Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hurt? If not, then how the hell can they not have her on TV? Granted i didnt like her cringey goofy gimmick but least she brought some sort of value. WWE is lacking in talent and they are trying to fill in ladies for the Rumble, unless shes a surprise entrant?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
"no creative plans?" that wouldnt shock me, stay classy wwe
Normally I'd shit on wwe creative because they're terrible but Asuka literally can't speak so it's hard to have anything for her to do. Creative already struggles with people who can speak, could only I imagine with Asuka.

But she should be back at the rumble her presence in general would be good for a smackdown division that's hurting bad.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
14,710 Posts
Get her to AEW! At least they push Asian wrestlers. See Riho and Shida!
Yes one picked apart by Serena and one couldn’t beat DMD and spent most her time working Dark.

She literally was undefeated in nxt and takeovers, retiring champ. A triple crown winner by 2020. Had been on wrestlemania. She was the first woman to win the tag titles with different partners. She’s been a double champ. She won money in the bank. She got hurt and they left her as “free agent” like Bayley so she could return wherever she wants to in story on tv. She was also heavily featured in mixed match tag for them.

The only times Asuka has never been on tv is when she got a break to go home to Japan and when she has been hurt. And you can’t really use her hurt because she can’t talk or do anything.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Get her to AEW! At least they push Asian wrestlers. See Riho and Shida!
Uh... Asuka is a 3 time world champion (4 if you count nxt) 2 time tag champ, money in the bank and Royal Rumble winner.

That's a pretty hefty push for a 40 year old who can't talk due to language barrier.

Is she pushed as heavily as the horsewomen? No. But again. Asuka can't speak english, so its much harder to built a storyline and big feuds around her, and then theres the age. While she can still go, she's an entire decade (11 years actually) older than Sasha Banks. That's the same age difference as there is between Stone cold and Roman Reigns, for comparions sake.of course it makes sense to give a bigger push to the younger wrestlers with more mileage.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Uh... Asuka is a 3 time world champion (4 if you count nxt) 2 time tag champ, money in the bank and Royal Rumble winner.

That's a pretty hefty push for a 40 year old who can't talk due to language barrier.

Is she pushed as heavily as the horsewomen? No. But again. Asuka can't speak english, so its much harder to built a storyline and big feuds around her, and then theres the age. While she can still go, she's an entire decade (11 years actually) older than Sasha Banks. That's the same age difference as there is between Stone cold and Roman Reigns, for comparions sake.of course it makes sense to give a bigger push to the younger wrestlers with more mileage.
Asuka also had a long undefeated streak as well.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I’ll be shocked if she isn’t the surprise for the Rumble, especially with them announcing Lita and co early. Her and Bayley seem the obvious ones and that’s dependant on Bayley being ready. They could even be saved for after Mania.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
She also not update her content for her own channel on YouTube, it seems she is focus for another work/project like Kairi with her own gym in Japan.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts