Wrestling Forum banner

Where in the blue hell is Kofi Kingston?

4843 Views 39 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  Billy Afterthought
I do not understand is he injured? is he in the dog house? is it a fucked up storyline?....

He hasnt appears since tapping out to swagger....2 weeks of raw smackdown and superstars WTH!?!?!

I havent read or heard anything to suggest he is dislike ever in the back stage area...

I havent seen him land or seem injured or heard reports....

If this is a crappy injury angle to sell his arm injury i just dont get it???

He gets destroyed with the cross arm breaker weak after weak and then he turns up the same week on samckdown and loses to jack swagger.... BUT NOT DAMAGE WAS DONE TO HIS ARM to coexist with a story line? Writers are fucked...

This whole situation is FUCKED!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· SAL
2,450 Posts
He was kayfabe-injured by Del Rio, and the arm injury did cost him the match against Swagger. They don't seem to have anything planned for him at Wrestlemania, which is dumb, but if they're not going to give him anything to do he's better off being off TV entirely and using the injury angle than he is on TV in some useless throwaway match which might lower fans' opinion of him in the super-hyped build to Wrestlemania. If he's not on TV for the next few weeks, they're doing it to protect him with an eye toward starting his build over again after Wrestlemania.

· Registered
6,867 Posts
He's selling being injured by the suddenly devastating and powerful armbar. Apparently everyone else in the history of wrestling who has used an armbar never did it as good as Del Rio does it now. :rolleyes:
Jericho will tell us how good the armbar is, and everyone will actually think it's legit. :lmao

But honestly, Kofi's going through the same phase as Rey and Christian and is waiting in line to get back at Del Rio for screwing his career up.

...only for Del Rio to screw it up even further.

· Premium Member
484 Posts
^ Yeah the thought just occurred to me that he will sell the injury for a month or so and come back after Mania to get "revenge" on Del Rio. This could also potentially be a feud over the WHC too, seeing as how its a fact that Del Rio will win at WM and its likely an Edge/Christian feud could occur post-WM, leaving Del Rio with not much other options for who to face. This is just pure speculation though, I don't really know what they plan for Kofi.

· Registered
2,765 Posts
^ Yeah the thought just occurred to me that he will sell the injury for a month or so and come back after Mania to get "revenge" on Del Rio. This could also potentially be a feud over the WHC too, seeing as how its a fact that Del Rio will win at WM and its likely an Edge/Christian feud could occur post-WM, leaving Del Rio with not much other options for who to face. This is just pure speculation though, I don't really know what they plan for Kofi.
I really think Kofi will have a short feud with ADR after WM. I think this will be the "test run" for Kofi on the main event scene so they can gauge what kind of draw he can get. Kofi will probably come close to winning the title a couple of times, but won't actually win, and then ADR will move on to another feud.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
The one thing I hate about this site (besides the trolls) is the people who use catchphrases in their posts.

Anyway, as others have said, he must be selling the shoulder injuries from Del Rio.

Reactions: fan4fun

· Registered
204 Posts
I really don't understand why the IWC likes Kofi Kingston so much...

I like many other people, see him as a Career Mid-Carder. He is a talented wrestler, although his style is restricted by the 'WWE Style' and he's got a decent, non enhanced look, but, its his character. Kofi just can't cut it with his current gimmick, he may get a fair reaction from the crowd, but he doesn't have any edge, you rarely hear him cut promos or tell a story within a match and apart from a brief flirt with the main event back in 2009, he hasn't really done anything major. He might be a former Intercontinental, Tag Team and US Champion, but in WWE these days, those belts don't really account to much, especially in Kofi's case as most of the time he has been given a run because the previous champion has been pushed to the Main Event.

· Registered
2,047 Posts
didn't i answer this question already, he's taking a backseat to christian, once christian's out of the driver seat , then maybe, just maybe kofi will appear on superstars or something

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
I completely keep forgetting he's actually the IC Champion...

They don't have anything for him leadig up to Mania, just like they don't have anything for Morrison, or Bourne, or any other mid-carder in the company. He's got his arm injury as an excuse I guess, and it's probably better him not appearing than him jobbing every single week for his fans.

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
The Intercontinental Champion is nowhere to be found? That's weird.

But the way the WWE is now, midcard & tag titles almost feel like an anchor rather than a place to showcase your abilities. No fault of the talent, but WWE puts zero effort in showcasing those belts properly and the talent holding it just feels like a sideshow attraction rather than something worth watching.

Look on the other side of the pond and see how WWE is setting up Sheamus Vs. Bryan for the US Title and you'll see my point.

· Premium Member
2,946 Posts
I completely forgot who the IC champ was. Now I know why...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.