Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it. For years Randy Orton's been boring me to tears every time he picks up a mic. He always had some mic skill, but he could just never captivate or entertain me with his words. Ever. Now all of a sudden his mic work is one of the most enjoyable parts of the show. I feel like if he was like this for the majority of his career, he'd be neck in neck with Cena instead of a distant and replaceable number 2. I can't be the only one who's noticing this, right? I'm starting to believe this guy might be entering the prime of his career

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Randy is only great when he's having fun I think. He's been adding more of the early "legend killer" charisma lately - which is great. The slow talking monotone thing was awful.

·
Attending Chris Jericho's Rager with Scott Steiner
6,417 Posts
He was unhappy with WWE since 2012 and had requested time off for around 24 months before they finally gave it to him around six months ago. He was obviously burnt out and phoning it in for the last few years.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,455 Posts
He steps his game up when he's motivated. problem is despite popular opinion Orton goes through these periods where WWE are doing nothing of note with the guy. Hell his entire 2014 was spent losing to Shield/Bryan/Cesaro/Cena and getting punked by HHH and Batista it was only once the Seth feud started that he upped his game.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Let's not forget, Randy is always really over as a tweener and it's the role that suits him far best.

WWE messing up the balance is where he starts to suffer.

Reactions: TehMonkeyMan

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
His break has probably caused him to develop an itch for the business again and is back enjoying himself, wanting to entertain and it's great to see.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,263 Posts
I don't get it. For years Randy Orton's been boring me to tears every time he picks up a mic. He always had some mic skill, but he could just never captivate or entertain me with his words. Ever. Now all of a sudden his mic work is one of the most enjoyable parts of the show. I feel like if he was like this for the majority of his career, he'd be neck in neck with Cena instead of a distant and replaceable number 2. I can't be the only one who's noticing this, right? I'm starting to believe this guy might be entering the prime of his career

1 - 8 of 8 Posts