Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't make sense to me that the WWE would build Barrett up to be a great mega heel and then have him go 0 for 4 in title matches and have The Miz win the title before Barrett does. The writers are making Nexus look like a joke. Thoughts?

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Wade losing again and Miz winning really killed a lot of momentum they had.

I think at TLC they'll have a triple threat with Orton, Miz and Wade.

·
Registered
859 Posts
i'm very rattim not enthused that nexus wll have this black eye now....they are less strong now...

MY question is..

WHERE DID WADE BARRETT GO AFTER HIS MATCH?!?!

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
I'm coninced that Wade Barrett isn't winning the WWE Championship untill the Nexus angle is either finished or about to be finished. If creative was going to give him the belt in 2010, he would've had it by now. he He got a title shot @ Night of Champions. He got another title shot @ Bragging Rights. He got yet another title shot @ Survivor Series. And then he had another one last night. I think that's enough. A 5th title shot @ TLC would be overkill. Even The Undertaker didn't get 4 shots in a row against Kane.

But Wade Barrett will be a WWE Champion in 2011, just like Alberto Del Rio.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Last night I finally understood the point, which is that in WWE's eyes they apparently think Barrett does not need the WWE Championship so long as he's Leader of Nexus. We all heard the reaction he received at the opening of the show. He's being treated as a hugely established monster main event heel who's utterly despised to the core by about the vast majority of the WWE's fans.

This would be a great time for Nexus to revert back to their "bigger agenda" they teased in the summer and seemed to foreshadow some more when the writers decided to have them aid Kane in taking out Undertaker.

Having Barrett in any further WWE Championship matches with the outcome remaining the same for him would only hurt at this point in my estimation. Time to keep crystallizing the storylines.

WWE was caught in a self-made trap when they began the twin ascensions of both Barrett and The Miz these past few months. Apparently they made their choice, believing that Nexus is so over (especially Barrett) that possession of the WWE Championship is unnecessary. Meanwhile, Miz had run out of things to do.

Championship or no, Barrett is still enjoying the most personal, vicious feud with the #1 man in wrestling in quite some time, and is the leader of the most domminant heel faction in eons. While others who have become WWE Champion (Sheamus, Miz) were given "the ball" in that manner for the objective of elevation, Barrett's inevitable championship reign will almost be like a bonus for him following the Nexus arc.

Who would have thought a little over a year ago in the dismal state of the Raw main event merry-go-round trifecta of Orton, Triple H and Cena, that by autumn 2010 WWE would be faced with the positive problem of having to choose which ascending stars to finally win the WWE Championship (Miz), which ones have to be kept busy (Sheamus) and which ones to continue pushing in their role as something that guarantees monster heat and continuation of their own storyline opposite Cena (Barrett)? The truth is, a proposed Barrett/Cena match at Wrestlemania does not need a championship with it, that will sell based on what has come before it to this date alone.

I've been prognosticating Barrett vs. Cena and Orton vs. Miz at Wrestlemania, and last night set the table for all of that.

Fun time to be a fan. No American wrestling promotion I've seen has been so determined to and focus on pushing new stars to the top as WWE has been in the last 12 months. Even guys who have fallen down the card some will doubtless be given further great opportunities, most likely following this upcoming Road to Wrestlemania, such as CM Punk and Jack Swagger. The number of potential new main-eventers in the next couple of years, though, is a tad overwhelming. I could understand if they wanted to slow down a little bit soon, though there aren't many signs that they will in the near future.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i really dont know .

but we should be glad that we dont know.

wwe has gotten less and less predictable over the last few months and its getting really entertaining too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts