Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
He's a made man until Wrestlemania at the least. With his recent comeback as a main event guy, I can see him breaking his own record of 11 eliminations at the Rumble, put on a strong showing at Elimination Chamber and then maybe face Taker at Wrestlemania, which I personally wouldn't be crazy about but meh.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Personally I'm very afraid of where they take him from here. Hopefully they won't humiliate him by having him job to some half-baked upcoming 'star'. With the 'demise' of Paul Bearer confirmed and Taker out of action I wonder whom Kane will feud with next. Edge has basically utterly destroyed all the momentum that Kane had with him. Kane hasn't won any kind of a match ever since his feud with Edge began.

But...The Royal Rumble is coming up and Kane's dominance in the event is a time honored fact. While I don't expect him to go on and win it (he never has, one wonders if he ever will), one should think Kane will have a few high moments in the rumble.

Who knows what they will do with Kane? The man has been as pliable as putty for years and been made to live out just about any role you can think of. WWF Champion, IC Champion, Multi-time Tag-team champion, WWE Hardcore Champion, ECW Champion, WHC Champion, Evergreen monster, The Most Credible Jobber, Victim of bizarre feuds and now a Main-eventer, what next???

Your guess is as bad as mine.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
i see him in a match vs del rio on tuesday and from there on he would go on to become a threat to win the rumble along with mark henry, it would be nice if he broke an elimination record, that would be a nice adition before he retires

i expect taker taking him out before wrestlemania

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
His existence should now be tied to his Royal Rumble record(s). Give him the big, scary monster build-up for the 'Rumble, and have Kofi Kingston eliminate him either at or near the end of it.

He's not champion anymore, he's had his big reign. He won't be wrestling forever, might as well start using the leftovers of strong credibility he's enjoyed in the last six months to give the rub to young faces.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,942 Posts
Why do people keep thinking he's going to be in the Rumble? He has a rematch clause, so surely he will be challenging Edge for the title again, and finally put an end to their fued.

Other then that I don't know. I do hope he stays in the Main Event, after being built up this year, winning the World Heavyweight Championship and beating Undertaker three times. It would be a bit of an insult to both the WHC title and Undertaker if he went back to talent enhancment again.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
His existence should now be tied to his Royal Rumble record(s). Give him the big, scary monster build-up for the 'Rumble, and have Kofi Kingston eliminate him either at or near the end of it.
Actually that could work, maybe try to 'recreate' when Maven eliminated Taker in the 2002 Rumble. That got a huge pop and could give Kofi a shitload of momentum to work off of.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I think it will go down like this: Kane gets his rematch on this week's show, goes on to enter the Rumble and EC, then caps it all off with being in MITB at Mania. By being champ for 5 months, he's a credible opponent again so the person that eliminates him in the Rumble and pins him in the EC will get a nice rub and that's what Kane is best suited for at this point.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Best case scenario, retirement, IMO.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I think Undertaker needs to take him out/retire him. I don't expect he'll continue being in the main event picture for much longer, probably just a re-match for the title. But if they wanted to they could keep him relevant and put some face over him in a PPV match because after being champion for five months, it might mean something and give the guy beating him a nice push.

·
Canuck
4,763 Posts
Either Kane gets his rematch on SD! this TUESDAY or at Royal Rumble. Either way Kane will be in the Main Event until Mania. We still have Elimination Chamber and what have you. Just because he lost the World Heavyweight Championship doesn't make him mid-card, he's established for sure. I still wonder what he'll do at Mania, possibly Money in the Bank if they have that going, we all know he fits well in those kinds of matches.

·
19,156 Posts
Why do people keep thinking he's going to be in the Rumble? He has a rematch clause, so surely he will be challenging Edge for the title again, and finally put an end to their fued.
Good God no. If Kane is to have his rematch, get it out of the way ASAP. Like, the live Smackdown this week. Another six weeks of Kane/Edge sounds like making a nearly two-month trip to hell a month and a half longer to me. No thanks.

They even teased a budding Del Rio/Edge feud before the TLC match with their confrontation. They've had consistently good matches with each other and the feud could actually be something approximating the word entertaining.

Besides, Kane's better-suited to being built up for The Royal Rumble. You could even have Del Rio cost Kane the championship this week since Del Rio and Kane have a tough history from Del Rio interrupting Kane's "funeral ceremony" for Taker, and it makes sense since Del Rio would logically much rather confront Edge than Kane for the WHC at The Royal Rumble.

Vintage™;9152812 said:
Actually that could work, maybe try to 'recreate' when Maven eliminated Taker in the 2002 Rumble. That got a huge pop and could give Kofi a shitload of momentum to work off of.
Yes, but it would be better than the Maven thing because that was almost just a stunt, after which Undertaker fucking ripped his limbs from his body, carved his head off his shoulders with a dull pumpkin knife and anally raped him in the restroom (before doing so with David Flair), making Maven's corpse his bitch. Whatever momentum Maven had for a few seconds there was wiped out. The whole situation was more about Undertaker and his character than Maven. You could have Santino do the same thing to Kane in the 'Rumble this year.

Kofi's elimination of Kane would be more like Stone Cold's elimination of Kane in '01. Finally somebody knocks the big evil bastard out and triumphs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its kinda stupid but he may face Taker at mania for a third time which is dumb. Kane should at least drop to mid-card have a good rivalry maybe even give him the Intercontinental title or something. I dont see him staying in the main event but he shouldnt drop straight to jobber either

·
19,156 Posts
The Dixie Carter Retirement Home For Former WWE Superstars.
:lmao

"Whoa, what's Bane doing here in the Impact Zone?" (I'm envisioning him wearing the Batman villain's get-up.)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.