Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all of wrestling , I would honestly put him at the top ( with JBL a close second)

He was a fantastic heel, cheated when he had to, but could win clean,was a very strong dominant champion, I don't think I remember anyone being as hated as he was in TNA history, or booed as much he was when he won the title at KOTM 2006. Plus the fans really enjoyed beating him up when he was facing Samoa Joe ( it was PPV before he had to face Sting and the fans surrounded the ring)

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
Re: Where does Jeff Jarrett rank among the best heels of the past 15 years ?

Hogan
JBL
HHH
Jarrett

I had forgot about Jeff when I posted earlier in the Edge thread

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

more like a nonsensically and lazily portrayed heel, just like HHH and JBL

·
Registered
57 Posts

I'm not sure that I'd have him any higher than close to 20th. That said, my timing could be off on some of the following guys as to whether or not they had their heel time within the last 15 years, but it'd be close on just about all of them. In no particular order, these are the ones that stood out to me: JBL, Edge, Randy Orton, Kane, Jericho, Taker, Austin, Angle, Rock, Curt Hennig, HHH & HBK from early DX days, Hall & Nash nWo, Vince McMahon character, Hollywood Hogan, CM Punk, Bischoff, Lesnar, Kong/Kharma.

I guess if I look at the past roughly 15 years, you get the tail end of WCW where the most memorable thing Jarrett did then was lie down for Hogan IMO. His early TNA work was good but I don't know that it was among the best of the past 15 years. Just my opinion though. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts

Very high for me.

31:09 in this video:

How many heels of the last 15 years could create a reaction like that?

·
Registered
124 Posts

I thought he was pretty great around the time (before, during and after) he was doing the short lived "MMA gimmick." One of my favorites of all time. I would honestly say top 5 HEELS...not wrestlers, but heels.

I didn't care for ANYTHING he did before then (WWF, WCW.)
I am not familiar with the early days of TNA(NWA era) so I can't comment on those.

·
Banned
1,354 Posts

He has never drawn money for TNA. But he has for AAA.

Relies too much on cheap heat and gimmick to be considered a great heel IMO

·
Banned
8,266 Posts

Wow, 7-8 years ago everybody would be shitting on him and saying he's horrible.

I'm a Jarrett fan but I don't think he's top 5 or top 10. Maybe in the lower end of top 20

·
Registered
213 Posts

The thing with JJ is he's a dick in real life. So his character is portraying his real life attitude
The only time he mattered was when his buddy Russo based everything around him

As for top heels
He would be lucky to make my top 20
Specially over 15 years

·
Banned
86 Posts
I never was a big fan of his. He made a decently convincing heel but I wouldn't place him in my top 10. When I think of great heels I think of people like Flair, Jerry Lawler, Ted Dibiasse Sr, Bad News Brown, Owen Hart and people like that who worked hard to get under your skin.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

The thing with JJ is he's a dick in real life. So his character is portraying his real life attitude
The only time he mattered was when his buddy Russo based everything around him

As for top heels
He would be lucky to make my top 20
Specially over 15 years
Hows he a dick? Ive always heard that he seemed like a pretty nice guy. The way he fucked the wwf over in 1999 was pure gold and taught them a lesson.

Or is it because the whole Angle thing? If thats it, get over it. We have no idea what went down there. For all we know, Karen/Kurt couldve been done for years but they were just staying together for business/kids.

IMO Jarrett is the greatest heel in tna history. Slightly better than Roode. His run from 04-06 was some great stuff. He was booking was awesome. I remember every main event with him in it had the whole crowd on the edge of there seat. Dude was just great.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts