1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CM Punk -injured
Sheamus - busy with Morrison
Nexus - in tag team action

Anyone else feel Jackson may be next in line?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,092 Posts
I don't know about Ezekiel Jackson. They seem to want him as a face for right now, judging by all of his matches since returning from injury (house show and TV alike).

Options:

Ted DiBiase: Once DiBiase finishes his business with Goldust, seeking the United States Championship is a logical next step. His match with Bryan on Raw was one of his best bouts. It's clear that WWE still sees DiBiase as a priority, hence his run with Goldust (he's been working with him at a bevy of recent house shows) as Goldust is considered as one of the best vets in getting great work from younger guys. In feuding with Bryan, DiBiase can have a good midcard feud over the midcard championship--which is unto itself an elevation--and get better matches on his resume from working with Bryan. Win/win. He just needs to finish his feud with Goldust.

Ezekiel Jackson: Face or heel, it could work as an intriguing match-up. Problem is, both Bryan and Jackson are protected, and they both (for now) are faces. So the timing isn't right at all for them to mingle with each other.

David Otunga: Doubtful, but for a one-off it might be sort of interesting. WWE could run it as a way to see if Otunga has any prayer of a future in wrestling. If he can't have a watchable match with AmDrag, forget it.

Primo: Deserves to be elevated. I think he'd have some good matches with Bryan. But probably more of a Superstars main event...?

William Regal: Get into the backstory CM Punk hinted at on commentary and this could be an epic feud. Not to mention, I'd love to see the matches.

Alex Riley: The ol' "I'll get the job done, Master!" angle... But I don't see it at all, since they've made Riley look like a simpleton every time he breathes the same air as Bryan, playing Porky Pig to Bryan's Bugs Bunny.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
CM Punk -injured
Sheamus - busy with Morrison
Nexus - in tag team action

Anyone else feel Jackson may be next in line?
I don't think so. Zeke is a babyface, they rarely do a face vs face feuds. I think even WWE are still not sure yet what to do with him right now since Punk is injured, so they will probably keep him busy by floating him around beating other midcarders for awhile. I wouldn't mind if somehow Michael Tarver returns next week and challenge him for the US Title right off the bat to prove that he can go on his own without Nexus. Not gonna happen though.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
No cause they never do face vs. face

McGillicutty/Harris/Otunga/Zack Ryder are the only options really left

Or turn someone else heel

I think Tyson Kidd Vs. Daniel Bryan would be pretty epic but of course they have to abide by these stupid face/heel rules.... so you'd have to turn one

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I swear they might be turning R-Truth heel at some point, so after he has, he could possibly feud with Bryan. I like the Riley idea too, it would make sense and give Riley to focus on other than taking various finishers every week.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I hope Reagal ! That could be an epic feud master vs student.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
No cause they never do face vs. face

McGillicutty/Harris/Otunga/Zack Ryder are the only options really left

Or turn someone else heel

I think Tyson Kidd Vs. Daniel Bryan would be pretty epic but of course they have to abide by these stupid face/heel rules.... so you'd have to turn one
They are not stupid. And there have been plenty of Face/Face fueds so what are you talking about.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Kidd or Regal, please!

·
Registered
540 Posts
There are few guys that can feud with Daniel Bryan, but William Regal is only one in my opinion that derseves to face Daniel Bryan. I always wanted to see them face each other and plus the U.S title can increase some of it prestige and Regal is great performer and one the stiffest guys in WWE. I would put this the CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan feud on hold until Punk is fully recoverd.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I think a Riley fued is most logical and i'm personally suprised it hasn't happened allready.

As good as a fued with Regal would be i'd love to see him fued with Sheamus.They seem to have great chemistry.I know he seems to be fueding with Morrison but it wouldn't suprise me if they abrubtly stop Morrison's push and send him back to the midcard to rot.:p

I'd say it's only a matter of time before he becomes involved in the Nexus storyline too .

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm not sure he is next, but I think Kidd is going to be the next US champ.

They have been teasing a breakup of the Hart foundation for weeks. And it looks like Kidd is going to be the heel when that goes down.

A Kidd/Bryan match up at TLC for the US belt could be great. It would also free up Bryan to move up the card for a strong run in the Rumble, a spot in the EC and MITB at WM.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The only way Danielson could get over with the fans is with his wrestling skills. His look is not very good, his mic skills are avarage , he is so like Benoit. So he needs good opponents. Let's face it - WWE roster sucks at wrestling, especially RAW, he could have some good opponents in Smackdown, but who is he going to face on RAW: Jackson? Riley? Otunga? Dibiasi? Those guys are not good wrestlers, so the best Bryan could pull in that kind of matches is ***1/2- not enough to put him over, there is not a single wrestler on RAW (except CM Punk) that could pull a **** star match.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
The only way Danielson could get over with the fans is with his wrestling skills. His look is not very good, his mic skills are avarage , he is so like Benoit. So he needs good opponents. Let's face it - WWE roster sucks at wrestling, especially RAW, he could have some good opponents in Smackdown, but who is he going to face on RAW: Jackson? Riley? Otunga? Dibiasi? Those guys are not good wrestlers, so the best Bryan could pull in that kind of matches is ***1/2- not enough to put him over, there is not a single wrestler on RAW (except CM Punk) that could pull a **** star match.
Based on wrestling alone, give Bryan vs Regal time they'd be pulling off 4* matches regularly.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Based on wrestling alone, give Bryan vs Regal time they'd be pulling off 4* matches regularly.
And give Regal some more mic time.

"Listen sunshine, you've been nothing but a dirty little toerag ever since you got back here. You waltz in and take the United States championship whilst i've been here working my backside off and never getting my just rewards. Well i've had enough of it, i taught you everything you know Daniel, and you know that you don't stand a chance against me."

Book it!

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
And give Regal some more mic time.

"Listen sunshine, you've been nothing but a dirty little toerag ever since you got back here. You waltz in and take the United States championship whilst i've been here working my backside off and never getting my just rewards. Well i've had enough of it, i taught you everything you know Daniel, and you know that you don't stand a chance against me."

Book it!
Maybe have him shoot by calling him Bryan instead of Daniel, add to the realism of the feud!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm not that sure since Regal looks a bit out of shape. We haven't seen him wrestle on RAW that much and I don't really watch Superstars, so I'm not sure about his current level.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
I'm not that sure since Regal looks a bit out of shape. We haven't seen him wrestle on RAW that much and I don't really watch Superstars, so I'm not sure about his current level.
Wrestling is like riding a bike to that guy ... he could be out for a while but once he gets back it's like he never missed a step. Just look when he was sick for the longest time back in '03/'04 ... he came back and it didn't seem like his ring work had any rust on it. The guy's still a freaking beast in the ring regardless of what kind of shape he's in or his age.

AmDrag/Regal would probably be the most intriguing feud they could do right now TBH.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts