Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*AAO PPV Spoiler * He teased retirement after BFG. He came back for Jarrett and failed. He left his boots in the ring, and now he has to give Karen away on Impact. After that, is he done? Taz and Tenay were shocked that he took off his boots. You can only say I quit so many times. Don't forget he told Hogan, "I quit", last year after the Orlando screwjob. I think he could manage Crimson or something, but I believe his contract is up in August, so I'm nervous about what happens to Angle. He is getting as bad as Sting about saying he's done, though.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
He'll sell the "retirement" for a week or two, then March 3rd he'll beat up Jarrett after walking Karen down the aisle and it'll set up another match.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
I don't really care. They've teased retirement I don't know how many times and it's really just got annoying. It makes Angle look like a quitter. Just cut the shit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well the feud isn't over yet since Angle has to give Karen away at the wedding. To me the stipulation made it obvious that Angle was going to lose. If he wins he gets custody of the kids and there is nowhere to go from there. If he loses, things continue on.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Care cup full. No room for care. Maybe on sabbatical.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's a good point.

Personally Angle is my favourite pro wrestler out there, can't remember the last time I didn't enjoy a match of his.

I think Angle/JJ will continue on, but how many time can they do the Angle retiring but not actually retiring thing?

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
He was just selling the storyline. Wrestling is what he knows, he had all the momentum going in and had a chance to gain full custody of his kids and he failed. Now he has to walk his ex wife down the aisle and present her to his worst enemy. It just doesn't seem worth it anymore(kayfabe wise). How worse could it get for him???

·
I am a solid B+
7,289 Posts
He was just selling the storyline. Wrestling is what he knows, he had all the momentum going in and had a chance to gain full custody of his kids and he failed. Now he has to walk his ex wife down the aisle and present her to his worst enemy. It just doesn't seem worth it anymore(kayfabe wise). How worse could it get for him???
Two of his kids team up with JJ in a handicap match:rolleyes:

and he gets pinned by his son

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Angle/Jarrett at Lockdown simply needs to happen.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,743 Posts
I wonder what the courts would think of all this: "IN the case of the custody of--oh you guys settled it on a PPV? Case dismissed."

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
they can burn down his house, they can beat him up right after he walks karen, they could dress him like a clown and have a finger poke with karen

honestly... i don't know why bother anymore, he could have gained the custody and then have both karen and jeff go on a rampage to force kurt to give jeff a rematch, that would have made things interesting, but no... we gotta protect the jarets... we gotta put over a guy with years and years in the business because you know... he needs to always be over...

heels will never lose... at least not jarett, this whole heel guy who wins cheating and humiliating the babyface went for way too long already, he gets a match with jeff at victory road, so what? so jeff can win by cheating again and everyone keeps giving the excuse "don't worry, he will win! i'm sure of it he will eventually win!"

booking doesn't work like that... i know you gotta put the odds against the babyface... but they're dragging this on for too long, by the time kurt or any babyface gives jeff a defeat it wont mean as much anymore because he already devoured all the momentum for himself

same thing with madison rayne... she's not losing the belt anytime soon... she will most likely retain even after bfg 2011... it just got boring

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Well i can't see anything other than Angle/Jarrett continuing through until Lockdown at least as it is their second biggest PPV of the year after Bound For Glory and it wouldn't make any sense for what TNA believe is their hottest feud to end at a lesser PPV so how i see it Kurt Angle will probably stay off tv until March 3rd. Then once Kurt Angle returns to walk Karen down the aisle and obviously attacks Jeff Jarrett it will probably see another match at Victory Road which Kurt Angle would win seeing as he has lost at two PPV's on the spin and then they will have a culmintaion at Lockdown.

Where Kurt Angle goes after the feud with Jeff Jarrett is a better question because it is only the feud with Jeff Jarrett that right now makes any sense unless TNA keep Anderson/Hardy going through til Lockdown and then have Kurt Angle feud with Jeff Hardy afterwards. I guess Angle/Hardy would make as much sense as anything else after Eric Bischoff screwed Kurt Angle at Bound For Glory as much as they did Mr Anderson and Rob Van Dam prior as well, by having Angle/Hardy it could provide TNA with some stellar PPV matches and possibly a great feud that would make Jeff Hardy possibly look a much stronger heel than he is.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Destroying everyone. Wish it was AJ =/

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
booking doesn't work like that... i know you gotta put the odds against the babyface... but they're dragging this on for too long, by the time kurt or any babyface gives jeff a defeat it wont mean as much anymore because he already devoured all the momentum for himself
Wanna know when I knew Jeff was in for a long string of PPV victories? When he choked Joe with that nightstick.
Sigh, there goes him retiring.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
He's going to retire and return as a masked superhero.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
That youtube promo was put up before AAO, hmm... maybe it'll be a case of 'Card subject to change'?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts