Wrestling Forum banner

Where Do You See Jack Swagger After WrestleMania?

3778 Views 50 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  Terry Gyimah
I like Swagger and i think he's good talent, i wish WWE would have built up an IC title tri-feud between him, Kofi and Drew that would culminate at WM instead of only putting him at Cole's corner, i know it will be a wonderful experience for him to be able to stand in the same ring with Stone Cold and Jerry Lawler at grandest stage of 'em all but i'd rather see him wrestle tbh. But yeah that's not the real topic, lol. As we know he will be on Michael Cole's corner at WM and probably also will eat a Stunner from Stone Cold, but what do you think is planned for him after WM? Or, what should he do after WM? Will WWE send him back to main event picture or still keep him in the midcard?

The Corre are holding the tag titles and IC title so it seems unlikely that Swagger will target them, now that he's aligned with Cole i think the most likely next opponent for him is Daniel Bryan. If Bryan wins the US title at WM and then if Jack Swagger will get traded with Sheamus via the draft, then we'll have a potentially good feud in the making between Swagger and Bryan because Cole is Bryan's #1 nemesis and Swagger is two-time... two-time... All-American American... he will be a perfect contender for the US title. But Sheamus is doing rather good job as champion, maybe he won't drop the belt at WM after all, it's been few weeks he becomes a US champion and he already looks so dominant, and also the way he carries himself as champion makes the title look important, i really like it, giving him a long reign can bring the credibility back to the title. But yeah, i'd still prefer if Bryan will have a US title program with Swagger after WM.

So, what's your thought on the topic?
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Obviously they like him a lot more than Dolph, Kofi, Drew and others at the moment so I see him doing pretty well. I reckon he'll get a decent singles title run. I'd like to see someone bring some credibility back to the midcard titles.

· Registered
704 Posts
A Bryan vs Swagger w/Cole feud sounds pretty good IMO, but it seems that Bryan may be feuding Ziggler if future live event advertisements are any indication (it seems that Kim may be leaving Bryan to be Ziggler's valet)

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Where do I see Swagger after Wrestlemania? On Raw, with Michael Cole. I think WWE have struck a potential goldmine with this pairing. Cole can talk (Swagger can't talk that well), Swagger can wrestle. They can do serious and goofy. Cole is the 'poor man's JR' from Texas. Jack Swagger ditched Oklahoma for Texas to get some heel heat in Oklahoma. To me, this is a match made in heaven and Swagger can become big on Raw as a heel.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
Three possibilities

1. He wrestles on Smackdown
2. Goes to RAW, works with Cole and The Miz and Alex Riley in a sort of stable
3. "ITS JEFF PRAGER! I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING HERE BUT HE'S DOING A NUMBER ON A.J.
STYLES!"

· Registered
2,673 Posts
I'd like to see something come out of his association with Cole, but I'm not hopeful. This may have temporarily pulled him from his midcard jobber role, but I see him going right back to that role after WM.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
I'm actually a bit confident that he'll get another springtime, post-WM push this year, even if his alliance with Cole concludes at Wrestlemania. Whatever anyone thinks of it, Swagger being included in the Cole/Lawler build-up has unquestionably raised his profile from where he was just six weeks ago or so.

Whether or not this post-WM push goes anywhere or not for the long-term, it's difficult to say. Swagger and his first world championship reign both get a lot of hate around here but to be fair, they quite deliberately short-circuited him and his push to the point that the whole affair ended up making him look worse than better (a "false push," so to speak). The best thing to come out of it for him was ironically following his championship loss to Mysterio, as he went on a brief tear with the anklelock.

They should not throw the world championship onto him again, though. In fact, he should go at least another year without the world championship back around his waist, minimum. WWE needs to get it through its collectively thick skull that you don't fling world championships onto guys to get them over. Doing it once in a blue moon like Sheamus is one thing but the Swagger bit was just too much of a very questionable thing. Once again, though, it's cruel that Swagger did get so over as champion almost a year ago now, but WWE squandered all of it in record time.

· Registered
6,278 Posts

Seriously, I'm not sure WHAT they'll do with him. Smackdown is phenomenally heel-heavy; you'll have Del Rio as world champ, The Corre taking up the second tier as Intercontinental and Tag Team champions, and Cody Rhodes is making his way up the ranks. That's put Swagger as the #6 heel at best, if you put him above Drew McIntyre.

Normally, a move to Raw is a death sentence for a midcarder, but I'm not so sure anymore. Randy Orton has singlehandedly cleaned out so many heels, that Swagger could easily be the #3-4 heel on the show after Miz and CM Punk. He could easily be pushed to around Sheamus' level or beyond without a problem. Coupled with the Cole alliance, a move to Raw might actually be the best thing for him.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.