Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that Aj will be defending his title in different promotions for the story where can he go? There are a few clear selections. Wrestle-1, AAA, and WWL are clear do to them being in work relationships with TNA. What Indy promotions can he go to in the US, Canada, Great Britain, and etc?

Also it would be pretty funny if AJ scored front row tickets to Raw and sat through the entire show with his belt on.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
So now that Aj will be defending his title in different promotions for the story where can he go? There are a few clear selections. Wrestle-1, AAA, and WWL are clear do to them being in work relationships with TNA. What Indy promotions can he go to in the US, Canada, Great Britain, and etc?

Also it would be pretty funny if AJ scored front row tickets to Raw and sat through the entire show with his belt on.
They would take the belt before the show started, he would refuse to give it up because it's worth a quite a bit of money, they would kick him out. No chance.

·
Banned
6,087 Posts
The best possible outcome would be for AJ to show up on shows of smaller promotions in the US, it would help them out a great deal. Not just those who have a working relationship with TNA.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
It won't happen but having AJ go over to NJPW & basically do exactly what Rob Conway is doing with the NWA title would be pretty awesome. For those of you that don't know Rob Conway & NWA President Bruce Tharpe are basically whooping the shit out of NJPW's mid-card division over there.

But since that won't happen, AJ defending the title over at some PWG events or maybe even ROH would be awesome. Fuck doing anything involving WWE, if AJ's whole thing is about being a wrestler & fighting champ - the last thing they should do is even attempt to do anything involving WWE, even name dropping them. WWE fanboys will always shit on the TNA product, no reason to even acknowledge their existence. Plus why the hell would AJ want to deal with Vince if he can't deal with Dixie, Kayfabe wise I'm speaking.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I would sit through an entire 3-hour PG torture show on a Monday night on the USA network if AJ showed up and sat in the front row with the belt. I would mark the fuck out.

AJ is going to The Great Muta's new promotion and will probably go to AAA as well. It would be cool if he showed up on ROH too.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Hopefully he does a round the world tour. Obviously Muta's organization and AAA, but maybe he could use Shane's contacts to do a UK tour, Jeff's contacts in Australia, a couple of US Independents.

It would work perfect with this 24/7. As long as they keep the subtle mentions on Impact, TNA could make a shit load of paper when he finally returns for the Unification. A road-warrior AJ, setting a record number of defenses against the pretender, running roughshod over current TNA. Play it right and I think they could achieve the best buyrates in years.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
As far as US Indies go, I doubt the likes of PWG are in the cards. It would be great but doubtful. TNA can make good use of the newly introduced 24/7 Where Action Never Ends campaign to feature videos of AJ in other promotions.

They should reach out to Tommy Dreamer and have AJ at HOH3 in November...maybe vs MVP ? A good strong selling point for his show.

FWE is also another possibility. Jeff Jarrett was on the last show, and Karen Jarrett is the new GM apparently. They may not want to put AJ over their Heavyweight Champion but having AJ in a match vs their Tri-Borough Champion Paul London could deliver a great match, and give them a strong selling point on paper.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
Hopefully he does a round the world tour. Obviously Muta's organization and AAA, but maybe he could use Shane's contacts to do a UK tour, Jeff's contacts in Australia, a couple of US Independents.

It would work perfect with this 24/7. As long as they keep the subtle mentions on Impact, TNA could make a shit load of paper when he finally returns for the Unification. A road-warrior AJ, setting a record number of defenses against the pretender, running roughshod over current TNA. Play it right and I think they could achieve the best buyrates in years.
The Australian scene is incredibly shit. You don't want him defending here.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think it's a very cool concept and I like that this has nothing to do with WWE. It's TNA doing something of their own with smaller indie companies. to show some clips of AJ Styles and giving other small promotions some free advertisements. the story line is fresh and new and again repeating myself, it's a very cool concept.

I hope it doesn't collide with a copies situation when Punk returned 2 odd years ago with the belt.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I can only imagine him defending it on small indie companies, with the possibility of ROH (though highly unlikely).
It would be pretty good if he turned up on RAW and defended it. Though I can imagine McMahon making him job to whoever the face of the company is at the moment.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
It would be pretty funny if AJ pulled a DX invades WCW type act on RAW.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
It would be cool if Styles showed up on RAW with the World Title, but it won't happen. I also hope it doesn't happen. Styles should go and defend the title in the indy feds around the world.

This storyline has so much potential.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It would be cool if Styles showed up on RAW with the World Title, but it won't happen. I also hope it doesn't happen. Styles should go and defend the title in the indy feds around the world.

This storyline has so much potential.
You do realize that should one of them indy feds decide to deviate from the script AJ was shown, and do a shoot where they steal the TNA title while he is wrestling his match, that would absolutely bury TNA?

They will be limited to only the feds that have contractual partnerships with TNA already.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts