Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's all in the title really. As far as I know we can't get ROH on telly in the uk so where could I watch a full ROH PPV streaming online? Have tried Torrentz but there are no seeds.

Help, Thanks

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
It's all in the title really. As far as I know we can't get ROH on telly in the uk so where could I watch a full ROH PPV streaming online? Have tried Torrentz but there are no seeds.

Help, Thanks
- It's not on TV in the UK. Although HDNet do claim to be open to UK interest in the TV show. They're not willing to host it online because Mark Cuban believes that traditional TV has more of a lifespan and streaming and so on is just a fad.

- The multimedia section of this forum always has links to the latest matches and shows. Have a rummage in there.

- You can order Final Battle and watch it live by legitimate means here: www.gofightlive.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/ROH_Final_Battle_2010/807

It's like £8, so it's hardly expensive.

- You can also, of course, buy DVDs from rohwrestling.com and check out ROH's youtube channel for the regular VideoWires and other interesting stuff.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Videowires are usually the most enjoyable. From what I've seen the HDNet show is usually pretty poor and uneventful. Videowire shows more promos and character development and clips from non televised shows. I hope they get on UK TV.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys, thing is Im not to happy about putting my card details any where as my face book account got hacked recently. Now I know how to use the internet but Im no computer wiz and Im not sure about the current seurity level of my laptop. I could possibly find a place to buy ROH over the counter, but who know's where??? the reply before this sounds best but I understand where big dog is comming from..... Kinda drawn a blank then..

Ps as far as buying DVD's.... Not very current is it?

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
Thanks guys, thing is Im not to happy about putting my card details any where as my face book account got hacked recently.
It's a fair point. It's something that deters a lot of people from buying online. Eventually though, once you're doing it habitually, you tend to stop caring. You're more likely to get mugged walking down the street, with money in your pocket, than you are to get defrauded online.

If your FB got "hacked", they probably just guessed your password or security question or you probably just left it logged in somewhere. It won't have been a hardened criminal hacking it.

I could possibly find a place to buy ROH over the counter, but who know's where???
You'll be lucky to find one. I've never seen an ROH DVD in a physical shop in England.

Ps as far as buying DVD's.... Not very current is it?
Again that's another thing that puts off people from following indy wrestling, and another fair point. You do have to wait a couple of months to see what went on, by which time you've probably seen the spoilers anyway.

What I can say is that you can rest assured that the match quality is high enough for this not to matter to much. One of the great things about the iPPVs too is that they're live, so they negate the spoiler issue.

Other than ordering the iPPVs and going to live shows you won't find any "current" ROH out there. The TV show is taped a couple of months in advance, as well as the DVDs. ROH has a completely different business model to WWE and TNA.

As a long-time ROH fan I'm just as likely to buy a 2003 DVD as I am to buy the latest one. The product delivers in a different kind of way.

tl;dr - If I was you I'd just spend your life in here: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/indy-media/

·
Administrator
33,725 Posts
Pretty much the only place you might find ROH DVDs in the UK other than online and the odd second hand shop it a-Merchadise's shop in Portsmouth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts