Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dixie just released a twitter announcement stating the launch of "Where Action Never Ends"

http://ow.ly/25Xh1r

Saying that cameras will be everywhere from house shows, to superstars homes. Oh and tapings at the IZ...

Thoughts?

·
Locker Room Leader
12,170 Posts
I don't see this working too well. Can check out a few house shows I suppose.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Going back to the Impact Zone :batista3

No more Bro Mans, AJ, E.G.O., Joe, or Aries getting to demonstrate their crafts in front of fresh crowds every week :batista3

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,693 Posts
I give it a month.

Another lame-brain idea by Carter and Co. where she asks her roster for the 24 millionth time to "do what's best" for the company, be "team players", and sacrifice even more of their personal lives, and do it all for either the same or even reduced pay in some areas.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,170 Posts
I just can't see how the entire roster is gonna be cool with this cameras everywhere bullshit. Matt Hardy would have a field day with it though.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I give it a month.

Another lame-brain idea by Carter and Co. where she asks her roster for the 24 millionth time to "do what's best" for the company, be "team players", and sacrifice even more of their personal lives, and do it all for either the same or even reduced pay in some areas.
Maybe. I'm sure some of the roster may see it as even more work for the same pay.

But then I think others may see it as an opportunity to get some exposure that they would never get on the actual show. I suspect the likes of Robbie E will grab the ball and run with this kind of thing.

Whether or not this will last, who knows? But those guys who have a bit of initiative about them may be able to use this to thrive. Even if only 600 hardcore fans watch them, you can bet Management will be keeping tabs. If some guys put out consistently good promos, skits etc, they could really use this as a way of getting TV time and advancing their careers.

EDITED TO ADD: Hell, they don't even have to put too much thought into it. I know I'd watch videos of Roode and Aries and Godderz working out just to see what their routines are like. Stuff like that is potentially interesting to a lot of people but it's not exactly the kind of thing you would televise on an episode of Impact!

EDIT 2: Or the likes of Hardy will probably use it as a chance to pimp his albums - just upload lots of shots in the studio looking arty and creative and bam! Job done!

The concept may or may not work but it is, at least, potentially interesting, for both the fans and the roster.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
As a fan, personally, it doesn't interest me that much. It could lead to some fun videos, though.

I like that TNA is always trying to do new and different things. We'll see how it goes.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Dixie announcing shit?

:ti

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Potentially more interesting is Dixie explicitly stating, "Along with a refreshed creative approach, several new characters will be announced in the coming months."

This is really promising as it at least shows that they are aware that 2013 was a major creative shit-storm. Better this than have them try and make out that everything is hunky-dory.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
it won't be the Impact Zone as that has been taken over as a new sound stage for the Blue Man Group museum. It will be a bigger sound stage that is near the employee parking at Universal Orlando and the new soundstage is double what the size of the old impact zone and will reportedly hold up to 2000 people.

·
Registered
979 Posts
EGO hitting the clubs or I'm not interested.

·
Finally...
5,984 Posts
it won't be the Impact Zone as that has been taken over as a new sound stage for the Blue Man Group museum. It will be a bigger sound stage that is near the employee parking at Universal Orlando and the new soundstage is double what the size of the old impact zone and will reportedly hold up to 2000 people.
I read it was a different soundstage and bigger but not that it could hold up to 2000 people. Were you read that?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I can't imagine this new concept will make much difference like all the other new concepts they've tried over the past few years but it's worth a shot I guess. At least they're trying.

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
I hope and have a feeling this will look much better this time around.Plus a wider stage is way better for wrestling.

Hopefully they make a new stage set

If it was me id make a new version of the row of rockstar lights they had and the rising screens.

Remember slamiverary when the row of lights were split in 3 sections. You can walk between them in the middle, So good

Below the slammy one how hogan is walking between those amazing row of lights, But if you had the rising screens again and some new changes could be epic.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts