Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Addicted to Sex & Candy
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuck it. Just let yourself go.

I've gained 60 pounds. I haven't shaved in 6 months and I haven't gotten a haircut in two years. Is this part of getting old or is this a quarter-life crisis (birthday reminder: PTK is 25 a week from today!). Or is it just plain laziness? I used to be the kind of guy who went to the gym 5 days a week and do 3 hours of cardio before starting my work out (I know everyone hates cardio, but I actually enjoy the challenge of going hours). My back and knees just can't take it (for those who know me, you know I have the bones of a 90 year old man - and does anyone know how to solve the back and knee issues? I've got two herniated disk, no ACL in my left knee and no cartiledge in either knee with severe athritis - besides physical therapy or that thing where they stick needles in your skin? That stuff never worked on me.)

It's all about football, basketball, hockey, and wrestling (highschool/colllege and, obviously, WWE), Howard Stern, multiple sports talk shows, PTI, Around the Horn... basically anything on ESPN, and parties... which just feels more like chillin' because I'm not getting up to talk to anyone - you come to me!

So, who else has become a loser as well in the recent months or years?

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Live your life on your terms, but don't completely disregard your long-term health. You can get away with that at 25, but in a few years it could start to take a real toll.

I'm not trying at all to rub anything in, but since you did ask, I can tell you that at 23 I'm in the best shape I've ever been in. I've actually sort of gone the opposite direction, losing a bunch of weight and getting into shape. I feel good about myself and have a lot more energy. It really does make a difference.

Though I miss splurging, so maybe you have me beat in that regard.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
Pics now! ;) Just kidding, I dont think anyone should let themselves go, even if you don't care what other people think at least stay in good shape and have good personal hygiene for yourself!

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
17 and at my personal peak of physical health at the moment. Though thats not really saying much.

I used to be kind of a loser, but i've been trying to get out more often and accomplish more shit.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I was a loser ass little bitch last year, I have a dog who's hair gets all over the place and I used to just go to school and be tired all day, stay up late talkin' to tha ladies, and then classes would come around and I'd be dead. I had long hair, which I actually liked, but now I have a buzz and IDK it's just easier to contain. I let loose alot though, yesterday I hung out with a friend all day, snowboarding and shit since we had a 'snow day' or whatever, and today I just chilled and watched SuperBad and old wrestling matches off my old DVD's. I like cutting loose.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I am in good shape but not my physical prime which was earlier I guess at like 18 when I played football in HS :) unfortunately after that I got into WoW and then wrestling and then dota, WoW again, and then Starcraft 2 etc etc etc etc

I love to do indoor cardio exercises all day and eat healthy, which will keep you in decent shape even with an unhealthy lifestyle

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
When I quit playing football and became a full time pothead in my junior year of high school, I sort of let myself go for about a year. When I was high all the time I didn't give a fuck really. Never gained 60 lbs though infact I lost a lot of my muscle which really sucked.

·
Addicted to Sex & Candy
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've waited all my life for CM Skittle to ask for pics... Now my life has come full-circle and I'm at peace with myself, even if they were joking. But I just block out the 'just kidding' part with my thumb so I can just see "Pics now". Okay, I may be a loser, but I'm only 9% joking about that.

It's not like I binge <is that the spelling? Never had to spell that word in my life>. I only eat once or twice a day. I know most people go by 8 small meals a day and for some, not eating actually makes you gain a little weight. When I eat, I don't eat much. I don't even eat meat. All I eat is Wheaties, Captain Crunch (yeah, I know it's spelled another way, but I forget), pizza and chicken. That's it. That's my diet. That's all I eat. But I do drink a ton of soda. How much? I'm not sure because I never finish the can before getting to the next. Coke is just too awesome and I can't say no to the 'Doctor' in Dr. Pepper. I'd say, maybe, 8-10? That's probably my biggest problem. And my metabolism is horrible (part of the reason why I used to do many hours of cardio).

Brag on - I would do it as well if I had something to brag about... But Peyton Manning said in a commercial one time that you ain't getting abs after the age of 23 : ( . Well, I'd like to prove him wrong! But I've got a Chris Jericho-type body. I've got a wide back, broad shoulders, and a wide chest but there ain't much to brag about when it comes to biceps or triceps. I'm all lower body stregnth.

I guess I'm just being too damn lazy. I don't want to end up fat, and, most importantly, I don't want head fat! Once you start to get head fat, your head is big forever! I know I look like a pretty boy in my sig, but I'd like to think that women can look beyond the long hair and the scruffy beard (but not poor hygiene - I make sure I take care of that because I always get compiments about that.

I don't know if I should stay or if I should go. If I should stay the way I am, but not get any worse than I am, or if I should go find some type of work-out that works for me. I want to work out to get leaner to make it easier for my knees.

See, you can tell I'm getting lazy. The thread didn't start off as a book as it usually does (this one is longer because it's night and I get hyper and giddy at night, even if I haven't slept since Saturday). Oh, yeah.. that's another problem... I don't sleep. I average... maybe... 12 hours a week if I'm lucky. I think sleep is a waste of time because I'd rather be out and enjoying myself, unless I'm with a beautiful woman and her personality keeps me in bed all day (or sex... whatever people are in the mood for). And when I do decide to sleep, I eat either a half of box of cereal or pizza to fill me up to help me sleep better - and I know that's bad for you.

Ah, I love you guys (where did that come from? The hell if I knew how to finish this post).

·
Chris Jericho > You
1,575 Posts
Stay healthy at least. I suggest eating properly and exercising at least half an hour per day. You don't want to suffer any serious health implications in the future. You said you have issues with your bones so avoid getting any other health problems.

·
Addicted to Sex & Candy
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My bad to double post... I'm PTK for cryin' out loud, give a bro'ski a break... (wait... guess it wasn't a double post afterall).

I've talked about how I wrestled in High School before, and also played basketball (oh, geez... did I suck) and baseball for clubs. I was in awesome shape all of my teen years because I was so much more active then. High School Schedule: Get to school before it started at 7:45 am... be bored to death (seriously, 4 periods that lasted 1 hour and a half... just brutal). 2:35 PM, school's out, PTK heads straight to the wrestling room to get ready. 5 PM, practice ends, but I put in OT for maybe 15 minutes. 5:30 PM, get home to get a quick snack, put on a near pair of work-out clothes and headed straight to the gym. 6 PM - 9:30ish or 10 PM, work-out at the gym but mostly cardio and I'd lift for maybe an hour. 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM, get home and shower and then just run a hout bath to relax. 11:30 PM, go out with my friends to go shoot some pool or just chill. Around 4ish am, get home, do whatever homework I didn't do in class and try to get some sleep before 5. 7:25 am, wake up and start all over.

I miss being that damn active. It's just not the same when you're High School days are over.

The only thing I'm up for is a lite jog on soft, soft, soft grass. My knees are just done. But I would like to buy some Total Gym machine or whatever it is called. That appeals.

Damn right people are feeling like Mae Young. It ain't a special gift to be able to tell what the weather is like outside judging on how much pain your joints are or aren't in!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm a year out of high school and I'm already alot less active. I did four years of marching band, and we worked harder then the football team in terms of cardio. I also swam and lifted weights for fun. Now I just go to class, sleep, play the vidya, eat, and smoke pot on occasion. I'm startin to get a bit of a belly, but not too much to worry about atm.

·
Addicted to Sex & Candy
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See, you reminded me... I almost forgot to make this point. It's like... most of the people who where either active in sports or anything that takes tremendous amount of energy kind of let go after High School or college. I see some of my old teammates these days and maybe 3 of them have stayed in good shape while everyone else has a beer belly. I don't drink (okay, once in a blue moon), but the belly is coming! Oh, wait.. it's here.. It's not too bad. But just noticing it and people saying, "gaining a little weight, eh?"... It's like, dammit, I thought I was sucking in good enough. I can still fit a waist-size 32, but it ain't easy, I'll tells ya that.

I think the people who tend to let go after HS/College sports or any other energetic activity, such as band; we just missed out on on years of not working out or not being active in school activites. We were jocks, man! And after its all over, we just want a little stubble on our face and a table muscle because we deserve the life-style we sacrificed in schoo! Dammit, we deserve it!

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
780 Posts
I had my period of really letting myself go a coupla years ago. Prior to that I was in the gym every day, running at least five miles everyday, Eating healthy not drinking soda or any shit like that. I stopped that cold turkey. Within three months I had lost twenty pounds which I still haven't gained back. Nowadays I pretty much eat what I want, whenever I want and still don't gain a pound.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
I was about your age when I started to quit being as active as I used to be. I wouldn't say I'm a complete shut-out or anything, but I don't feel near as obligated to go out to clubs, hang out with friends, and shit like that. Every now and then I break down and get everyone together and do something exciting, but the world just doesn't feel as interesting as it did in my teenage years. But I'm secure with the way I live my life, so that's really all that matters. And my girlfriend seems content that she's dating a hairy overweight sloth who drinks too much, so I'm fine with that as well.

You need to quit watching ESPN though. They're like the Fox News of sports. Bunch of biased morons on that motherfucker. Mike and Mike is the only thing I give a damn about on that channel.

·
Addicted to Sex & Candy
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hell, Mike & Mike in the morning is the only reason why I'm up in the morning. I only really enjoy PTI, ATH and a little Sports Nation. I know they're all pretty much the same (and that goes for First Take, Jim Rome is Borin... Burning), but I've been watching those shows since they started, so it's hard to stop. It does piss me off a little, even a little more since most people believe they're cool if they don't mention they've got ESPN on the screen. But I'm up for the NFL Network (Deion and Michael are funny mother truckers), the NHL Network and a little MLB Network - but that one really isn't all that good to me. Real Sports With Bryant Gumble is always a must for me.

I guess it's just age and settling for what you're becoming, even if you don't like it but don't care too much to do anything about it. Some stuff is getting pretty old and I'm becoming more of a homebody, and that's the way I perfer to be when I have a girlfriend. I just wanna chill and be with my girl. I hate going out. Parties are easy because, yeah, you're going 'out', but you're not 'out out', like clubs or anything like that. Just a group of people at some dude's or chica's home and chillin is fine with me.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
NFL Network > ESPN imo. And I can't stand First Take. Skip Bayless is a humongous douche who's more full of himself than any sportscaster I've ever seen. He clearly only takes the stances he does on most matters for the sake of disagreeing, most-likely as a way of flaunting his debate skills. Which is fine if you don't expect anyone to take you seriously, but he clearly does. And his jokes are beyond lame. But as much as he annoys me, Jameel(sp?) Hill is ten times worse. As if anyone wakes up early to hear what a woman thinks of contact sports. Her repetetive dumb-founded facial expressions and limb-flailing nervous habits are also hugely annoying.

I'm the same in that sense though. Give me my video games, my big ass tv, and my woman, and I'm down with that. I've seen and done pretty much all of it now, so nothing is really new to me anymore. I'm also hitting that age where even music isn't as much of a big deal to me, a place I dreaded to be when I was a teenager, but face it, music sucks compared to how it used to be anyway.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
Practically all of my high school friends stopped being active after high school as well. I'd still say I'm really active, but that's because I went and got a job in sports almost right after I left college, and I still play with a basketball team, but even at that I'm not as active I was in high school. In high school I was trying to get a basketball scholarship with an American college (I live in Scotland) so on average I was in a court 2-3 hours a day, 5 days a week. Plus I've always played as a 2 guard and I'm only 5'9, so my last year at school I pushed myself even harder to get to the point where I felt like I could be as good at point guard as I could at shooting guard, really hammered into the weight training, etc.

The scholarship fell apart after I dropped out of college over here (planned on doing a year of college over here first), and from that point I've never been *as* active. I went and got the qualifications to be a personal trainer after college, so I make my living on being active. Still play basketball with a team that I love being a part of, still go to the gym regularly... but I don't CARE as much as I did 4 or 5 years ago. When I was in high school I lived by the fruity "first one in the gym; last one out" cliche and I ran and shot free throws and ran some more and shot a hundred and fifty jump shots and then ran again until my legs couldn't carry me. I enjoyed doing a shoulder workout and not being able to lift my arm high enough to push the door open with my palm because I was so fucking shattered.

Nowadays I just don't feel motivated enough to run a trillion superman drills and shoot free throws until I can't see straight. 5 years ago I at least had the self-discipline to get up on a Saturday or Sunday and go play for my team. I'd play as hard as I could and after the game I'd get on the team bus and drink a bottle of water and eat an apple or two. Later that night I'd probably get hammered and fuck my way to an STD with some gutter rat, but I could at least control myself when it MATTERED. At this point I'm lucky if I don't fall into a drunken coma during a time out. I'm not saying I could've made it to the NBA, or even the WNBA (not that anybody would've been there to see me), but I was fuggin' made to play basketball. It's the only thing I've ever felt I'm legitimately great at. Sure, being 5'9 and being able to slam dunk a basketball is nothing special, but I swear to God it's hard to come across someone like that over here. I thought some kid was gonna hang my picture on his wall one time, y'know, so he could pray to me and stuff and then realise 10 years later that his life's been a lie because I actually DON'T have magic spring-loaded legs and I am in fact a whiskey soaked whoremonger. Basically I would've been dropped long ago if it wasn't for the fact I'm really good.

Once in a while I'll remember what it was like to only care about playing 'ball and not have to be pissed about having to get up at 6 in the morning just so I'm able to get to work in some shitty little sports centre on time because the snow is causing havoc and the entire fucking country's basically shit its pants and shut down. But that's getting more and more rare. My high school was literally one of the worst in the country (think its lowest point while I was there was 3rd from the bottom), but I didn't care by the end because I was basically only there to play basketball (my second last year of school was my "real" last year; my actual last year was basically training camp). There was actually a time where I LIKED going to the gym and doing crunches and sit-ups and whatever other cooky ab exercises I could come up with until I was ready to projectile vomit my lungs out my mouth. Now I go to the gym and doing an ab workout feels more like work than actual work. I mean, I still enjoy going to the gym and working out because it helps me chill, and I get a huge amount of satisfaction in running on a treadmill for an hour and listening to an entire Springsteen record uninterrupted. But it's different man. I'm telling you. Nothing about being active feels as good now. And fuck ab workouts above all else.

You really know how to bring out the long winded-ness if people.

TL;DR version: Ashley Cole can suck my johnson.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts