Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's pretty obvious that Smackdown is nothing more than the Randy Orton show but what I'm wondering is when are they gonna feed Wade Barrett to him?, and I mean in an actual fued for the World Title. He is one of my favorite wrestlers and he's only been around just over a year and at his peak he was getting JBL like heat while in Nexus so I think he deserves & has earned a main event push.

I'm thinking that once Orton beats Henry they'll do some kinda fatal 4-way with Henry, Sheamus and Christian. Once Orton wins that maybe Barrett can get his chance?

What you think?

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I see the WHC order as:

Orton/Henry than Orton/Rhodes. Rhodes wins, Rhodes vs. Sheamus. Sheamus wins and it's Barrett vs. Sheamus.

Christian is done for a long time. He's midcard enhancement talent putting people over. That's not what I would do, but that's the reality of the situation he's in.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Wade Barrett will be getting his shot at Future Endeavored in the near future the way they been booking him ever since he been drafted to Smackdown. He was the last big time Heel and so talented but unfortunately he is not well liked by management so he will never get his shot, his ranking at the level of Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks now.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
Let's look on the bright side, he did main event a few PPVs in 2010, led two factions, won the Intercontinental Title, and had a few WWE title shots. That's more of a chance than Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel, David Otunga, Daniel Bryan, Skip Sheffield, Michael Tarver, Darren Young, Michael McGillicutty, Husky Harris, Alex Riley, Kaval, Titus O'Neil, Lucky Cannon, Eli Cottonwood, Percy Watson, Brodus Clay, Johnny Curtis, Derrick Bateman, Byron Saxton, Conor O'Brian, and Jacob Novak have had. So he isn't main eventing right now. It's alright. He'll get his shot again soon.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's look on the bright side, he did main event a few PPVs in 2010, led two factions, won the Intercontinental Title, and had a few WWE title shots. That's more of a chance than Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel, David Otunga, Daniel Bryan, Skip Sheffield, Michael Tarver, Darren Young, Michael McGillicutty, Husky Harris, Alex Riley, Kaval, Titus O'Neil, Lucky Cannon, Eli Cottonwood, Percy Watson, Brodus Clay, Johnny Curtis, Derrick Bateman, Byron Saxton, Conor O'Brian, and Jacob Novak have had. So he isn't main eventing right now. It's alright. He'll get his shot again soon.
Tbh I'd say D-Bry is in a better position then Wade atm. It's a shame, a damn shame.

·
Registered
454 Posts
WWE is a product on the slide, with lots of dissatisfied customers, as evidenced by an overwhelming majority of posters over recent weeks/months. Remember last year's Cena/Wade microphone, and in-ring action? This lit up the autumn season 2010, and dragged Raw out of the rut it had got itself into by over-promoting the usual 'names' with stale story-lines that had mold growing on them. A reprise of last autumn's Cena/Barrett face-off's, with a rejuvenated Barrett, could be the saving grace the WWE is crying out for right now.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Pretty sure Pyro/Tyrion gets an e-mail every time someone opens a thread about either Barrett or Orton. I love how he acts like he knows management. Barrett will get his shot in 2012 most likely, don't you worry, he has all the tools. Needs to work on his in-ring skills a bit though IMO.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
seriously he needs a GOOD feud with someone but the credible opponents
are busy in a storyline maybe after that tbh.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Barrett will get his shot in 2012 most likely, don't you worry, he has all the tools. Needs to work on his in-ring skills a bit though IMO.
This. Although I think his in-ring skills are fine. I'm not sure why people are thinking that he's getting future endeavored. He has a very bright future if people will just be patient. He's going to be a top heel.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Pretty sure Pyro/Tyrion gets an e-mail every time someone opens a thread about either Barrett or Orton. I love how he acts like he knows management. Barrett will get his shot in 2012 most likely, don't you worry, he has all the tools. Needs to work on his in-ring skills a bit though IMO.
Exactly this.

People worry too much. Do you seriously think they'll consider Wade for the Future Endeavors list after how he literally set 2010 on fire?

He was the heel, the bad-guy, the guy everyone paid to see John Cena beat up every Monday Night Raw.

That's like saying The Miz, who was the standout star of late 2010 to early 2011 is losing his job because he's moved to the tag division. Ridiculous.

This excuse that he has a problem with management is flawed in itself. You have no idea what goes on backstage or what the politics are like. You hang on every word from those dirtsheets like its the truth and they know what their talking about. Wade Barrett has a better chance at being World Champ than any other mid carder on SD.

Just have some patience. They know how good he is and how much of a heat magnet he was. He'll get his shot in time.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
he pretty much got squashed by Cena so not anytime soon
To be fair, The Miz got squashed by Cena when he had his first "feud" with him and during the beginning of his pushand was still sort of under his "chick magnet" character, after that embarrassing loss, Miz got "future endeavored" from Raw but won his way back against Eugene and started wearing trunks and acting more serious.

So who knows, maybe Barrett getting squashed and embarrassed by Cena will be his storyline motivation of getting back to the top.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
That is more or less exactly what I was contending at the time, DX-HHH-XD. Now, it's not looked so good since the Cena squash, considering Barrett still eating losses and whatnot, but, as far as the OP's question goes, I'm going to say springtime/summertime 2012.

They're going to rebuild him gradually throughout the fall and winter, offer him a solid upper midcardish match at Wrestlemania, probably vs. Sheamus (at least that is what I hope), and then after probably losing at Wrestlemania and then winning at Extreme Rules, his push will accelerate from there. I see him being in a main event match at Wrestlemania XXIX, possibly for one of the world championships (he'll have already been world champion by the conclusion of 2012, however).

During his "demotion" of sorts, his in-ring work has improved quite significantly. He could still get better, and in particular, more fluid, but he's currently getting a little better week by week, and I'm sure there are those inside WWE who are noticing.

·
Banned
1,266 Posts
Well, it's pretty obvious that Smackdown is nothing more than the Randy Orton show but what I'm wondering is when are they gonna feed Wade Barrett to him?, and I mean in an actual fued for the World Title. He is one of my favorite wrestlers and he's only been around just over a year and at his peak he was getting JBL like heat while in Nexus so I think he deserves & has earned a main event push.

I'm thinking that once Orton beats Henry they'll do some kinda fatal 4-way with Henry, Sheamus and Christian. Once Orton wins that maybe Barrett can get his chance?

What you think?
Ugh. I hate today's ADD generation. Look how long HBK, Bret Hart, and HHH were around before they became main eventers. I say let Wade spend a few years in the WWE before making him a main eventer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts