Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he is the "professor" and has been in the business forever but he is a horrible play by play guy IMO. He doesnt call matches or tell stories very well, he has no chemistry with Taz, he's a bad actor, overly dramatic and his face always looks like he's sucking on a lemon. TNA needs to bring in a new voice and give Tenay some sort of off camera role like they did with Don West.

·
Registered
11,659 Posts
When they find someone better. I know hardcore TNA fans love Borash and West but those guys suck even worse. You will kill the TV audience at home.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When they find someone better. I know hardcore TNA fans love Borash and West but those guys suck even worse. You will kill the TV audience at home.
I like Borash but West sucked even worse than Tenay. Is Mike Adamle available? lol

·
Registered
557 Posts
I dont like him to. But who will be the new guy ?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
They're probably preparing Borash on Xplosion in order to replace Tenay. Even then, I just think that Borash sounds odd and there's not much chemistry between him and Taz. I could say to replace the load of them, but who would take over? We don't need to stick with the old guys and make it look like a company it isn't, that's probably why TNA avoided Tony Schiavone until he appeared once in 2003. Get some new people in.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Chet Lemon and Black Snow. Bring' em back, please!

·
Registered
129 Posts
If Desmond can't wrestle anymore, put him on Tenay's place!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The only person who had good chemistry with Tazz was Michael Cole, and that's because Tazz always made fun of him. Half the time Tenay and Tazz talk over each other, who if they're joking around, they don't have the chemistry or charisma to sound good together

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
If Desmond can't wrestle anymore, put him on Tenay's place!
Yeah because being a play-by-play guy is so easy to learn, anyone can do it... It is fucking impossible. I hate tenay and he sucks, but PBP guys don't grow on trees. Taz has the easy job. I thought joey styles contract was up soon, he is 10X better than tenay, but probably grabbing someone from college sports is the way to go.

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
I don't like Tenay's style. Him and Taz don't work too well together, Taz either tells a poor joke or buries the action by laughing at it (anybody notice that?). Tenay is too monotone and unbelievable and need the over the top West to mask his boring self. I suppose Foley wouldn't be too bad I suppose, I liked heel West but I'm not sure how well would a heel West would gel with a face Taz.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Preferably, I'd want a tweener Taz. So I want an real facey face, or a devilish heel. Tenay isn't either, he's so monotone and boring. His knowledge of wrestling has seemed to have decreased to the point he gets quite a few moves wrong. I really hope Teny is gone soon, he could take up a role backstage but I don't know what backstage stuff he does. Get Foley on there IMO. No-one ever gets bored of Mick... I don't think :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah I agree with most everything said, Tenay is better as an interviewer ala Gene Okerlund (though TNA has taken there name a bit too far in hiring So Cal Val and Christy Hemme as interviewers, sorry but being hot does not equal being talented, unless apparently your name is Lacey Von Erich). I love Taz and ECW but he is a shitty announcer, I mean he uses the term "tomato" to refer to women, what is this, Brooklyn in 1956? They should do an angle and have Scott Hall come back and be the color guy who is on the side of immortal, say what you want about his work rate now, he is still funny as hell. If that person was right about Styles contract being up that would be there best chance as he brings depth to play by play, which is needed right now.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hopefully someone soon.One of my only ongoing complaints of tna is
the commentating.At least heel West had energy and had some chemistry
with Teney.

Teney and Taz are terrible,they have zero chemistry and seem to actually
dislike one another.They dont sell anything,they dont explain whats
going on or even call a match.They're to busy making bad jokes,making
sexual comments about the KOS or arguing with one another.
Its why people come on here saying they are confused with whats going
in TNA.Yea the writing isnt always the clearest but its the voices of
TNAs job to make it clear.Why doesnt it seem like a big deal when a
champ gets pinned or a title changes hands?Its the commentators jobs
to hype up the match.

I honestly think the commentating is a big turnoff.Put Joey Styles
or JR in there.They could make the IZ seem like Madison Square
Gardens.

For the record im a big fan of Taz.I thought his quick opening promo
of hardcore justice was badass.Im just not sure whats going on with his
commentary.Maybe he has a poor script or a bad partner or hes just not fitting in to tna i dont know.

Sorry for the long post its just this is one part of TNA that bugs me.
I actually enjoy the show itself.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
The only person who had good chemistry with Tazz was Michael Cole, and that's because Tazz always made fun of him. Half the time Tenay and Tazz talk over each other, who if they're joking around, they don't have the chemistry or charisma to sound good together
No the real reason Cole and Taz had the chemistry they did was because they're best friends outside of the wrestling world while you can tell that Taz and Teney really don't give a shit about each other and shows with there lack of on-screen chemistry.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY3L3cuNROY

Perfect example of their extremely underwhelming way of commentating. Awful!
Tbh i think the stunned silence was the way to go with that. Just the two looking in disbelief at what Kurt just did.

You dont have to call everything the greatest moment in sports history or give a R my god my god Kurt angle has been broken in half. to everything,

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
No the real reason Cole and Taz had the chemistry they did was because they're best friends outside of the wrestling world while you can tell that Taz and Teney really don't give a shit about each other and shows with there lack of on-screen chemistry.
You're right about that, I remember Cole and Tazz talking about going clubbing during Wrestlemania 20. But they truly had way more chemistry than Tenay and Tazz. It made me mad a couple weeks ago when Tenay called out Jarrett (I think it was Joe's beatdown,not sure), and Tenay acted all suprised as if he didn't know Jarrett is an asshole who kicks people when they're down. It doesn't matter if he was face not too long before this happened, Tenay's memory can't be that short.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts