Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh my god wo cares about Mike Tenay he is just creepy and sounds likea pedophile over how excited he gets. He is not even funy just to laugh at why dont they get JB I lways liked his Playby Play.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Your obviously not a Tenay fan, which is fine its your opinion, but why would TNA bother to get rid of him? what would the point of that be, unless of course there was a better commentator waiting to be signed, which of course there isn't

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've been saying this for a while now. TNA needs a fresh new commentating team. Give Taz someone he can talk to and feed off of. Bring in Don West and Mike Tenay for the main events, and bill them as Senior TNA commentators or something.

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Why are we talking about getting rid of Teny. TNA has many more wost people that first need to go.

I really hope she fucking finds the right person to replace russos on. As i hope its true that he wants to step down when she finds the right person to replace.

Eric i mean what in the the fuck has he done.

I saw video footage from hogans shitty new documentary. I saw 15 people or so.That are so cold all part of the TNA management.

What in the bloody fuck is wrong with these tools. Im amazed what us fans have come up with for a good show. Yet these jack jerks do nothing.

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
Its hilarious. Years ago people couldn't WAIT for Don West to leave, people begged and pleaded for years and saying Tennay was much better.Don West is gone and now people want Tennay to leave. There are no pleasing fans

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
TNA will probably get rid of Mike Tenay around the same time that they get rid of Tommy Dreamer, Stevie Richards, Rhino, Orlando Jordan, Magnus, Rob Terry and Team 3D as singles wrestler's and then also get rid of Hulk Hogan, Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff at the same time but i don't think anyonereally expects any of that to happen in all honesty. If i am completely honest the announce team is far from the worst around and i prefer Mike Tenay and Taz over Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole but that is down to Taz though.

I have read on numerous occasions that Dixie Carter being the genius that she is won't release any on air talent despite TNA being in financial trouble and her mother being brought in to take charge of the situation as Dixie Carter is a spoilt little girl who is only good at spending her father's money. So i wouldn't expect to see Mike Tenay go anywhere anytime soon because he is liked by Dixie Carter and also Jeff Jarrett but in all honesty until someone else better is available it would be pointless anyway.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Its hilarious. Years ago people couldn't WAIT for Don West to leave, people begged and pleaded for years and saying Tennay was much better.Don West is gone and now people want Tennay to leave. There are no pleasing fans
It's not that simple. Back then, Tenay seemed like he gave a shit. He was excited about the product which is exactly what an announcer should be. Their energy should channel through to us. That's all his fucking job is, to make the show look good.

Now? He couldn't give a shit. When Angle faced Pope a few months ago, Pope finally tapped in a great match and all Tenay could muster is "There it is" in a monotone voice. That's straight-up bad commentary.

Same with Tazz. He was great when he started because he was fresh, new, excited to be a part of it. Now he's just turning up to his job, nothing more. People wanted West gone because he lost his passion too but then he turned heel and it reinvigorated the product. Why they replaced him at the height of his entertainment and popularity, I will never know. Probably because Tazz is a more recognised name but fuck that.

If you're trying to establish your show as the new exciting alternative, atleast have your performers pretend that they care. Jeremy Borash is probably the only non-wrestling personality still on Impact that looks like he wants to be there.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
TNA doesn't care about its presentation. Taz and Tenay are both bad commentators and their are too many apologists that make excuses for them. Being good 1/10 times does not cut it. Tenay and Taz have both had lengthy runs as commentators and have shown that they cannot cut the mustard and should be fired. TNA is too markish for 'names' so its not going to happen.

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
It's not that simple. Back then, Tenay seemed like he gave a shit. He was excited about the product which is exactly what an announcer should be. Their energy should channel through to us. That's all his fucking job is, to make the show look good.

Now? He couldn't give a shit. When Angle faced Pope a few months ago, Pope finally tapped in a great match and all Tenay could muster is "There it is" in a monotone voice. That's straight-up bad commentary.

Same with Tazz. He was great when he started because he was fresh, new, excited to be a part of it. Now he's just turning up to his job, nothing more. People wanted West gone because he lost his passion too but then he turned heel and it reinvigorated the product. Why they replaced him at the height of his entertainment and popularity, I will never know. Probably because Tazz is a more recognised name but fuck that.

If you're trying to establish your show as the new exciting alternative, atleast have your performers pretend that they care. Jeremy Borash is probably the only non-wrestling personality still on Impact that looks like he wants to be there.
To be honest, the whole product has been slowly going down it seems. The whole shows the commentary seems like its dubbed over after its done editing.Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.I understand that people are upset at him, but he's the voice of TNA and should be on for as long as he wants to imo

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
The only way I'd get rid of Mike Tenay is if they could replace him with JR but that's not happening so yeah...

Really I have no problem with Mike Tenay, except for when they show his face on camera. His facial expressions just ruin everything.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Tenay Sig??

Also, nobody has mentioned a realistic alterntive, so until someone does, this thread is worthless.
Borash & West? Both current employee's who still have passion and know the business back-to-front.
I understand that people are upset at him, but he's the voice of TNA and should be on for as long as he wants to imo
I'm sure people said the same about Gorilla Monsoon, then good ol' JR came along and changed everybody's mind. By saying "he was there first, let him keep it" you're cancelling the possibility of getting something better.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Tenay Sig??

Also, nobody has mentioned a realistic alterntive, so until someone does, this thread is worthless.

Oh, I don't like Tenay at all.

I think JB and Taz do a better job on Xplosion, and wouldn't mind seeing them on Impact.

Taz rambles and Tenay is awkward.

I think putting JB in Tenay's place on Impact would work out because he has that informative, excited, straight-man announcer feel and Taz can throw things in when he wants, kind of like JR and Lawler.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
In all honesty Taz and Tenay are both bad. Not nearly as bad as Michael Cole, but bad.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see JB and West.

Ofcourse the dream would be JR & West. I really wish it would happen.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I liked Tenay on WCW and when he was with Don West. Also found Taz to be decent when with WWE.

However together they don't fit at all, I find I go through periods where I hate Tenay and periods where I hate Taz.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
I say we fire Taz, get West, who I always loved back, and let him work with Tenay. I think Tenay was much better working with West, and he was sad to see that his partner was kicked out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts