Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know the two are on different brands right now and have met in ring before. That said when will taker and cena start a new program? I would love to see the two in a series of matches before taker gets too old as would others too I assume.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Besides The Rock - John Cena which might never happen, this one is the biggest match possible in all of wrestling today. It will most likely be the last WrestleMania match for Undertaker (whenever that is). The biggest draw against the legend of the Undertaker, it doesn't get any better than that.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I say this all the time. I see 'Taker vs. Cena being the main event for Wrestlemania XXVII.
There's no better option at the moment

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Probably the year after next like Pyro said. They probably want to save it for Taker's final Wrestlemania match.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Cena-Taker had a series back when Cena was on Smackdown, which was a part of putting Cena over in the first place.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It wouldn't really make for interesting build up the actual feud we will hardly get great promos with taker deep voice and muttering a few words and cena shouting his head off, but the hype alone should sell the match and the match itself should be good.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I love how everyone assumes that not only does Undertaker wrestle for another two years, but that he then retires after that, just because of the number 20-0 - as if a person is going to determine the finale of their entire career based on a round number.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I love how everyone assumes that not only does Undertaker wrestle for another two years, but that he then retires after that, just because of the number 20-0 - as if a person is going to determine the finale of their entire career based on a round number.
MJ won 6 nba finals
Gretzky won 4 cups
Lemieux won 2 cups
Austin won wwe title 6 times

So even number is good for some of the best lol.

Taker just needs one more WM win till WWE can be like "DID YOU KNOW: The Undertaker has more wins at wrestlemania than the 1972 Miami Dolphins and the 2008 New England Patriots"

·
Getting molested by Bill DeMott
2,629 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Cena-Taker had a series back when Cena was on Smackdown, which was a part of putting Cena over in the first place.
True but american badass taker had nothing on the deadman persona in terms of dominance and supercena hadnt gotten his gamma radiation powers until he FU'd Big Show. Good times back then with lesnar/angle matches ahhhh memories...

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Taker just needs one more WM win till WWE can be like "DID YOU KNOW: The Undertaker has more wins at wrestlemania than the 1972 Miami Dolphins and the 2008 New England Patriots"
Well yeah, I don't remember the Dolphins or Patriots ever winning at WrestleMania.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Well yeah, I don't remember the Dolphins or Patriots ever winning at WrestleMania.
I wondered if I was the only guy who noticed that. :D

Anywho, I think Cena/Undertaker needs to wait for Wrestlemania 28. There's a few viable options to fill the gaps for both guys for Wrestlemania 27 in the meantime. I do think 'Taker will hang his hat up once he goes 20-0/19-1. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the latter at all. Whoever wins, the match is going to be regarded as a fucking classic for years to come.

·
Don't be scared, homie
2,104 Posts
They'll start a program, but it won't be good. It'll be John Cena screaming every week about how this is the greatest match ever and Undertaker cutting the same promo he's cut for the past 5 yrs.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Very simply, whenever Taker is ready to bow out for good. It doesn't really matter whether Cena or Taker wins their inevitable WM match. What matters is that that will be the torch-passing match that sends Taker into the sunset. Who actually wins the match is irrelevant.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I wondered if I was the only guy who noticed that. :D

Anywho, I think Cena/Undertaker needs to wait for Wrestlemania 28. There's a few viable options to fill the gaps for both guys for Wrestlemania 27 in the meantime. I do think 'Taker will hang his hat up once he goes 20-0/19-1. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the latter at all. Whoever wins, the match is going to be regarded as a fucking classic for years to come.
I agree. I really think they need Cena to be heel for it as well. A heel Cena setting his sights on ending the Undertaker's streak would be much better than super, "never give up" Cena. Besides, Cena would get booed out of the building against the Undertaker regardless of whether he was face or heel.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Sheamus should be his next opponent. I don't want to see John Cena vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Especially not in The Undertaker's last match.

·
Yee
1,850 Posts

Yup they did.

Btw then how would Undertaker be like casted off remember we had a thread where it was like how will the WWE show Undertaker retiring leaving WWE it wouldn't be the best to just see him do his normal celebration after beating Cena.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts