Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will Santino stop being a goof and wrestle seriously?
Did he botch the hot tag to CM punk or was he being a goof?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
why do you want him to stop working as a good joke character which actually entertain people?

they always have joke characters in WWE history. it's not like Santino is the first.
Because Santino can wrestle, yet the WWE never allows him to do so. What's wrong with a Kurt Angle type character, a goofy personality with an intense approach in the ring?

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
They should use someone as a joke character who can't actually wrestle.
Santino is a legit top wrestler, it's such a waste.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Santinoi's current character/persona is working (and working well for him right now) why does everyone feel the need to change it? I could see a shift to being a little more serious but the whole goof thing will never be taken away from him, he plays it to well and it works.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Santino is the best comedy character in a long long time in the wwe, I enjoy him a lot and i am 22. He is perfect unlike others such as Truth(not funny at all) and funka who is just a fat slob.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
have you ever seen crash holly or Koko b.Ware suddenly getting all serious and taking it to the next level ? no , because they are comedy gimmicks , nothing more nothing less

ii'm irritated by santino as much as the next guy but dropping his gimmick is not the smartest move

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Thats his gimmick so he will never be serious. I just remember the days when he first debuted at that Italy show for Raw live and he was totally a kick ass guy but now hes just a joke

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,834 Posts
If they made Santino serious, he'd flop in about a month. His comedic chracter is what made him popular. It's why he's over. More to the point, it's kind've unique too, since nobody else has a comedic gimmick at the moment. If he turned serious then I would imagine he'd just be like all the other wrestlers on the mid-card. Boring with no personality or character. Then people would lose interest in him and he'd end up going nowhere, proberly spend the rest of his days as a jobber until he get's a released or WWE decide to give him back the comedy character.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I like Santino, I don't really think he could really turn serious at this point. People should think that WWE are always going to have a comedy character, and they're always going to have them in matches - so it might as well be Santino, who's a guy who's funny, charismatic and can actually have decent (comedy) matches.

·
Registered
547 Posts
They could have Santino sustain a head injury that causes him to turn serious, maybe come up with a new name for himself, a completely new identity, then he could be turned back to his comedy character at any point, if his serious character doesn't work out.

I think if they turned him like this, it could make a non-comedy Santino character work for a while.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The gawd misses heel Santino. i know, i know, i know... "HEELS R ALWAYS BETTUR". but tbh the shit he does now is just too kiddy for my grown-ass self, b. not sayin they should change it, since WWE is more geared towards the young'uns n not old-ass ****** like me, but i personally liked him better as a heel.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
They could have Santino sustain a head injury that causes him to turn serious, maybe come up with a new name for himself, a completely new identity, then he could be turned back to his comedy character at any point, if his serious character doesn't work out.

I think if they turned him like this, it could make a non-comedy Santino character work for a while.
Uhm... Festus?

·
Registered
261 Posts
The gawd misses heel Santino. i know, i know, i know... "HEELS R ALWAYS BETTUR". but tbh the shit he does now is just too kiddy for my grown-ass self, b. not sayin they should change it, since WWE is more geared towards the young'uns n not old-ass ****** like me, but i personally liked him better as a heel.
You know how certain tv shows are good the first 2 or 3 season? But then somewhere down the line they start over doing it because that's exactly what Santino is.....

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I'd like to see him tone it down a little. The Cobra thing is just stupid and annoying. But I do love a lot of what he does, both in segments (the Tea Party with Sheamus was gold) and in the ring (the splits move he does cracks me up every time I see it).

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
The day WWE signs Colt Cabana to take over the comedy is the day Santino will shift toward a serious wrestler. It's a shame but that day may never happen.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts