Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been said before, but the difference between AEW in terms of look remains striking. When you compare them one looks minor league by default. At what point will WWE take the plunge with their third brand and begin booking basketball sized arenas for Wednesday nights?

AEW Last Night:

NXT Last Night

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,459 Posts
A report came out a couple of months ago that said NXT is locked into a contract with Full Sail until March. It's possible that since then a contract extension has been signed or that the dirt sheet report was just wrong but if not, you should expect to see NXT in arenas very soon.

·
Registered
22,876 Posts
Apparently they're locked into Full Sail through March. I love Full Sail, but they need to expand eventually. I've seen some of the house show loops NXT has done, they usually get good attendance for the medium size arenas they run. Even if they ran arenas around this size, I think that would make the show look that much better:

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,459 Posts
I don't really care about how the show looks but they need to get out of Full Sail because performing in front of the same crowd every week doesn't help talent develop, the 1500 people that show up every week don't represent the majority of the WWE universe so shit that gets over down there might not necessarily translate elsewhere. They have the same problem with their Florida house show loop, you're not going to get a lot of casuals in an armory in Coral Gables. The talent is too insulated, NXT fans pop for almost anything, which is why the entire main event scene is made up of lower carders.

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
Couple of questions

1. Would moving make or cost WWE money? Taping on the road weekly is expensive
2. Will it do anything for viewership? It's seems like NXT audience is 700-800k and AEW audience is 800-900k regardless what they do. When nxt aired that one-off one hour episode on USA few years back it was 841k, last night 790k. Even over 50 demo for both shows was identical last night.

Unless being in full sail was a detriment or crowds were down big time I don't see any reason to move out. Full sail in some ways benefits nxt because raw/SD/WWE ppvs, AEW and their ppvs and even Takeovers air from similar sized venues. Full sail looks less produced than the other shows

·
Custom User Title
6,355 Posts
We will see how well NXT does outside of Full Sail soon enough. Triple H mentioned during a conference call before Portland that they will have to air an episode of NXT live from a different arena soon. Because Full Sail will be using the current venue for graduation ceremonies. So probably sometime in early-mid March.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I thinks it depends USnetwork,will they ask Triple H to move out from Full Sail and expand their show to larger scale once their contract with NXT is up on March.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts