Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think most of us here can agree that a little bit of surprise or shock in wrestling is needed to keep us engaged I don't think it's wise to overkill that feeling, but I think it's important to have it once in awhile. So the question, is when was the last time you were genuinely shocked or surprised watching WWE?

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Very recently the Firefly FunHouse. Honestly I'm quite shocked Vince allowed something this twisted to actually keep airing, it's clearly not PG.

Lampooning a kids TV show with weird evil puppets and an OTT happy presenter who turns in to what looks like a masked serial killer is OTT twisted for the super sanitised WWE.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
From an entertaining and fulfilling standpoint, I want to say Kofi at this year's Mania for the World title in terms of the importance and meaning behind that win but honestly, I think you'd have to go back to Seth's cash in at Wrestlemania 31. That was such a cool moment and for the time being, it made Seth a made man and we thought WWE could make a brand new star here. Unfortunately, it gave us one of the worst World title reigns in modern history to the point that it drove me off WWE and haven't fully supported the company (if not at all).

So it may truly be CM Punk's World title win at MITB in 2011. Still a great moment for all the right reasons.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Back when Hogan bodyslammed Andre The Giant in front of 70,000 creaming Hilkamaniacs, brother!

Edit: I just realised the typo, but I think I’ll leave it because the thought of it is just so funny and disturbing.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Bray Wyatt winning the WWE title, then depending it against AJ and Cena in a triple threat match on SDL clean.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'd probably say when Rollins turned on Shield cause I was expecting one of them to be the downfall of the group but I wasn't sure who it was going to be and I thought it would happen a little later than it did so it was a definitely a somewhat shocking turn of events that comes to mind.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
With WWE? Fuck man its been too long. Last time I can immediately think of is when CM came back the Raw Cena won the chip, and CM came out to Cult of Personality.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts