Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
In WWE or in general?

Alberto does great German Suplexes.

This.

I feel like we don't get nearly enough German's or Belly to belly's these days. Then again Angle, Lesnar, Benjamin and Benoit aren't around anymore sooo...

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I still see suplexes. Not like in the old days where Kurt hit a german or belly to belly one every five second, but many guys on the roster have picture perfect old school suplexes.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts

Go to 4:10. Fantastic looking german from Swagger on Morrison.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Go to 4:10. Fantastic looking german from Swagger on Morrison.
I have to disagree. I don't think it's fantastic at all. It's the really awful flat Backdrop variant of the German Suplex. Notice how Morrison lands completely to the right of Swagger. The camera angle makes it look better than it is.

EDIT: Hiroshi Hase would be proud of Alica!

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I can't quite put my finger on it, but truly magnificent suplexes seem to have disappeared since mid 2007... :side:

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I have to disagree. I don't think it's fantastic at all. It's the really awful flat Backdrop variant of the German Suplex. Notice how Morrison lands completely to the right of Swagger. The camera angle makes it look better than it is.

EDIT: Hiroshi Hase would be proud of Alica!
I thought it looked and sounded impactful, also looking great with a nice sell from Morrison.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yuck. Kurt Angle does AWFUL German Suplexes. At least they're not as bad as MVPs though.
And what is so bad about Kurt Angle's suplexes? They look very good to me-very impactfull and realistic looking. I mean he is a world class amateur wrestler, german suplex is like a child's play to him.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Why do people start such random threads then fail to even contribute to them?

Is it so hard to ask that someone think of a thread idea because they have their own points to put forward?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Why do people start such random threads then fail to even contribute to them?

Is it so hard to ask that someone think of a thread idea because they have their own points to put forward?
Does it bother you? Keep on walking if so, but to make you happy the thread was made for the mere reason that real nice suplexes died in the mid 2000, and nowadays it's hard to find a fine suplex, even an old-school one...

Is it so hard for people to keep the line of a thread without making stupid questions?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts