Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Well I don't know why you had to start exaggerating and saying it was 40 mins long when it was about the same length as any other opening promo.
Because A) he was being sarcastic and B) A ten minute HHH promo? Always feels like it goes for half an hour.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Because A) he was being sarcastic and B) A ten minute HHH promo? Always feels like it goes for half an hour.
We all knew he was being sarcastic, I agree with that. But "B"? Triple H can produce better promos than mostly anyone these days. Your blinded by the fact that if he was heel, his promo's would be better. Typical IWC.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
The show in East rutherford NJ where I EARNED my refund. I earned it because anyone that had to listen to Triple H not-funny-at-all standup should get a refund just cause of that.

FYI, I think it was like 20 minutes cause I kept track cause I wanted Triple H out of the ring and to get a match. Actually, at that point I would have taken anything else other than a womens match. Little did I know the awfulness of MacGruber was still to come.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
We all knew he was being sarcastic, I agree with that. But "B"? Triple H can produce better promos than mostly anyone these days. Your blinded by the fact that if he was heel, his promo's would be better. Typical IWC.
No he can't, Triple H, even when he was a heel and I liked him, was really boring on the mic. The last time I liked him on the mic was when he was in DX in the late 90s (outlaws, xpac, chyna version). It always feels he takes 20 minutes to say something he could say in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Well I don't know why you had to start exaggerating and saying it was 40 mins long when it was about the same length as any other opening promo.
it did seem to go on a lot longer than most.

I agree with the Triple H being boring on the mic as well. What he says he could get out in like 5 minutes rather than pansy around for a bit. But then creative, vince and probably himself want to so who's to stop them.

And that promo he did when the rest were stuck over here because of a cloud, was one of his better ones, but purely because it seem to be made up as he went, the inside jokes etc. break character more often please. Oh and HHH as a heel was just as boring on the mic as face/fun HHH, but he was better as a heel character.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Christ, we're still talking about my sarcasm? :lmao

It wasn't that unbearable. Actually I have no beef with the length, whatever it was; they pretty much had to make up that show as they went along, so they totally deserve slack on everything that night. It was just one of those funny yet annoying Triple H promos where he's clearly the only guy who can get away with that kind of dialogue.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It could still be a couple months before HHH returns after the recent surgery he supposedly had recently.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts