Well?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
About a decade.

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Inter-Continental title: (bypassing Santino's reigns) 2009, when Drew McIntyre won it. Not his fault, it just came after a great Jericho/Mysterio feud, and Morrison/Mysterio match, then never had anything worthwhile again. Cody probably came closest to giving it some prestige again but it's just been passed around far too much.

U.S. title: Maybe MVP in 2008 with his near-year long title reign. If I was generous I'd say The Miz in 2010, but the title completely died when Bret won it.

Divas title never had value.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
Divas Title never had value. The IC Title had value when guys like Ziggler and Cody Rhodes had it, until WWE decided not to do shit with them after they lost the title.

·
Banned
33 Posts
The US title I know specifically. The feud between MVP and Matt Hardy. Great rivalry.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
US Title was never a big deal. The IC belt hasn't been a big one since before Russo's time.

As much as I was a fan of Russo's booking in terms of edgy must see TV, he was terrible at booking belts and was the first to truly reduce them to prop status. They haven't recovered since the mid-90's imo.

Then again, if Russo hadn't killed the belts, the death of kayfabe would have anyways.

Ultimately, at this point even the WWE belt is pretty much meaningless. The only thing propping it up is the WWE's unwillingness to give it to a true fan favourite .. Interestingly enough ... it's in that weird position where if Vince actually does listen to the majority and give away title reigns, it would actually mean a lot less.

As for the other belts, the last I remember looking at them and thinking "yeah that's a champion" was back in the early 90's. Not since then.

·
There are three guarantees in life... DEATH, TAXES
188 Posts
When Cena had won the US title

When Orton had the IC title

When it was called the "Woman's Championship"

So basically 04/05

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The divas title has never meant anything. It looks like something you would win from the claw machine. They never give divas any time to wrestle anyways, so the belt just looks like its awarded to whoever isnt winded in five minutes.

I agree with those that say cenas run with the us title is the last time it mattered

As far as the ic title, probably as far back as jericho or shelton benjamin holding it.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
US Title: Benoit's last title reign
IC title: Chris Jericho's 8th title reign (even that is stretching it abit)
Divas title: never really valuable in my opinion but if I had to choose if would be when Beth Phoenix was champion.

People will pick AJ Lee's first title reign because the duration has given the illusion that it was great.

295 days as champion with only 1 good feud and 3 good matches (2 of which were carry jobs) = last time the divas title had value apparently :nikkilol

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
US Title: Cena Reign

IC Title: Before Chyna won it and before Stone Cold handed it to the Rock. Besides short burst it hasn't mean shit since then.

DIVA: Never

Bonus Tag Team Titles: 2000

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
The US title right now is basically the number 2 belt in the company again.

I don't see how people can see it lacks credibility right now whenever Rusev is the champion who is undefeated for the past year and had to beat Sheamus (Multiple time World Champion) in order to win it who held it for over 5 months.

Oh and he is also now feuding with John Cena for the title. :shrug

It's safe to say that belt is credible right now.

The IC belt is a disaster though.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts
Honestly, I think the IC title started to go downhill during the Razor Ramon/Jeff Jarrett feud, and has definitely never been the same since HBK forfeited it to Dean Douglas. There have been brief upticks in credibility (HHH/Rock ladder match at SS 98 for example), but overall the title has meant shit since 95.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts