Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since moving to Smackdown I have not recalled him being pinned even once, also the last time I remember was against john cena like 2 years ago

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
He's 7 feet tall and weighs 500 pounds. The last guy who was that big spent 20 years without getting pinned.

I thinks its ok if a giant goes a while without losing. I mean, it would be pretty hard to believe that any guy on the Smackdown roster other than Undertaker can realistically beat someone that big.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I remember Edge beating him clean leading up to Wrestleamania this year. Pretty sure that was the last time. I do like that their protecting him more, unlike earlier in his run when they would have him lose all the time. Someone that big shouldn't lose that much.

·
Registered
410 Posts
He's 7 feet tall and weighs 500 pounds. The last guy who was that big spent 20 years without getting pinned.
Wow, that's a lot of kayfabe bullshit in one sentence.

Andre was not 7 feet tall, did not weight 500 pounds, and did not spend 20 years without getting pinned.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

Andre was not 7 feet tall, did not weight 500 pounds, and did not spend 20 years without getting pinned.
At least 6'10", about 500 pounds, and 15 years. Regardless, the point he made is accurate.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts

In Kayfabe he was. And thats what the fans believed.

Andre was a myth back in the old days. Some said he couldnt knocked down. Some said that punch from him can knock you out of the ring. Hell some fans even thought he had three rows of teeth!

And while he technically did not go 20 years without getting pinned, its pretty damn close. NOBODY beat Andre. Maybe a few countout wins once in a while but Andre was built up as an invincible God around the world. And you wanted to pin Andre, he'd say: fuck you. It didnt happen. Because then Andre would either walk out, or punch your lights out for real and then humiliate you in the ring.

Plus, either way. Nobody really knows how much he weighed or how tall he was.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
This is actually the way WWE should have always booked Big Show. He's over as hell with this strong booking. I think he could have been a much bigger star had they always booked him as an unstoppable monster rather than a main event jobber.

·
Banned
3,555 Posts
Considering he's the number 3 face on the show and 1 and 2 are injury prone. He better look really good incase Taker falls apart and Rey's knee collapses

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
I hope this isn't a bitching thread on Big Show. Compare the amount of times he hasn't been pinned clean on SD to the amount of times he has on RAW. I think he's quite deserving of his current spot as an unstoppable monster,and is over due for some credible booking. I'm actually shocked at how over he's gotten so quickly since turning face. And to answer the question Edge pinned him clean before WM 26.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Literally answering your question, excluding house shows it would be the MITB July 17th. Excluding that...

Nope, he hasn't lost at all since he was drafted to smackdown and turned face. Wow...

I knew he hadn't lost in a while but even thats surprised me. People need to start whining about Show and not Rey. :p

Obviously hes lost the odd house match but even when Swagger was champ he'd still usually have to win via DQ. -_-

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
This. Big Show hasn't exactly looked all that dominant for most of his career, so right now I'm quite content to watch him getting a long overdue push. I will sexually pleasure Vince McMahon's pet dog if he gives Show a world title.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts