Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember the last great heel turn, maybe HHH/Orton at Summerslam 2013, but a lot of us were expecting that one. When was the last time we had one that came out of nowhere that shocked the hell out of you.

WWE in the last few years have been disappointing with their heel and face turns to their wrestlers. They seem to throw them out of nowhere without a slow teasing build so fans will pop when that heel or face turns.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I agree with you OP. I can't remember the last time they did a surprising heel turn that didn't suck because they always manage to screw it up. The only one I can think of off the top of my head that was cool was Chris Jericho turning heel on Shawn Michaels and slamming his head in the jeritron which lead to one of the feuds in some time in 2008. That was amazing.

Reactions: looper007

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Rollins.

Not in my wildest dreams did I expect that too happen.

Now look at him, unstoppable right now.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Punk's turn at Raw 1000, in addition to the ones already mentioned.
Yes, in the grand scheme of things that was huge and on a big show too.

That really was like an old school heel turn.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I can't remember the last great heel turn, maybe HHH/Orton at Summerslam 2013, but a lot of us were expecting that one. When was the last time we had one that came out of nowhere that shocked the hell out of you.

WWE in the last few years have been disappointing with their heel and face turns to their wrestlers. They seem to throw them out of nowhere without a slow teasing build so fans will pop when that heel or face turns.
I'd say Seth Rollins was a pretty big surprise turn

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ziggler/ADR double turn

Also Rollins
Im not sure if it was surprising but it was without a doubt the most beautifully executed double turn i have witnessed.Period.

On surprising turns, i think nearly no one predicted Rollins will be the one to turn, everyone expected it to be Ambrose, the Mark Henry speech was also damn unpredictable, he had us fooled cause thats what he does.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts

Rollins IMO. Never saw it coming and the wife and I both gasped.... Yea, it's still real to us.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
Rollins.

Honestly, the last good turns of any nature were Rollins and Swagger because it was a fresh thing for both talents and was surprising, but handled well at the time and felt 'right' and fans actually cared.

Any other turns in the past year in a half were already done to death or predictable as all hell.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Punk at RAW 1000 was a shock, Rollins of course as I always thought Ambrose would be the one to turn on the Shield

·
Registered
817 Posts
Big Show at survivor series, woah that blew my mind. But seriously Henry's turn in 2013 was pretty cool, Rollins was surprising for sure and I hated it at the time. But it's worked out well

1 - 20 of 36 Posts