Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's review:

2004: Orton wins Intercontinental Championship, becomes youngest World Heavyweight Champion winning the SummerSlam main event

2009: Orton wins the Royal Rumble, main events WrestleMania and becomes multiple-time WWE Champion

2013: Orton wins Money in the Bank, WWE Championship and becomes the first ever WWE World Heavyweight Champion

2017: Orton wins the Tag Team Championships, the Royal Rumble and wins the WWE Championship at WrestleMania

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
It's not all about accolades. Orton was at his most entertaining in 2004-2005 so that's when he peaked. A lot of people will say 2009 but I always thought "The Viper" slow-talking crap 2009 run was lame.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,743 Posts
Kayfabe? Undoubtedly 2013 being the undisputed champion followed by 2009. My favourite era personally was the legend killer though.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
In terms of how effective he was as an on screen character, i'll have to go with 2009, followed by 2004. He started to dip at the turn of the decade IMO.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Legend Killer.. His most interesting things are his pose and his RKO both of which he had even way back then.

His Viper gimmick does nothing for me. He is soo god damn boring it's insane.

His entrance takes almost as long as Taker and HHH but he has no cool effects he just walks very slowly..
His personality is as dry as a raisin under a magnifying glass in the blazing hot sun
and his in ring work has put me to sleep for years.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
I don't know why I'm the only guy with this opinion. but here it is anyway
Randy Orton's problem is that he has one match in him. It's a great tv-match but a letdown of a ppv-match.

He is a great worker. Everything looks great. But he never takes the big risk so he has one match that he resorts to. It's the same match whether it's on raw or or on a $50 ppv. It's the same match.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Let's review:

2004: Orton wins Intercontinental Championship, becomes youngest World Heavyweight Champion winning the SummerSlam main event

2009: Orton wins the Royal Rumble, main events WrestleMania and becomes multiple-time WWE Champion

2013: Orton wins Money in the Bank, WWE Championship and becomes the first ever WWE World Heavyweight Champion

2017: Orton wins the Tag Team Championships, the Royal Rumble and wins the WWE Championship at WrestleMania
You'd probably have to ask Pat Patterson that one.

I mean, there's a reason why Orton got his big break, and it wasn't strictly because of his ability at all, and it even goes beyond his privileged namesake..

The WWF was a sick, sick place back then. Patterson milked Orton often in his young years, you can bet on that.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
The Answer is 2009-2010 or 2004-2005 - He got hot with the crowd. Was basically the top baby face crowd reaction wise throughout 2010 when he won the title again (on route to losing it to the miz) - He had an on fire program with HHH and the McMahons leading up to Mania 25 even if the payoff wasn't good. His viper look was good, etc.

The legend killer stuff was great - just a punk kid that was disrespectful as hell; good stuff. His match with taker was one of the taker's best streak matches and one of the true times people thought Taker would lose when the streak was worth something. His match with foley was great too.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
2009 followed by 2004, but who was there to halt him on both occasions?

Just saying :shrug

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts
2009 followed by 2004, but who was there to halt him on both occasions?

Just saying :shrug
He fucked with him in '13 too when the Authority made Orton look like a bitch most of the time. :lol

Guess I'll go with '04. His Legend Killer run was his best run imo.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
C'mon people --- 2004? That was a low point of his career. They hotshotted his push solely to eliminate Brock's "youngest champion" accolade; Orton wasn't ready. Correspondingly, he got booed heavily when he was a face because fans still remembered all the bad things he did. He wouldn't recover until he turned heel and feuded with Undertaker in 2005.

Orton's peak in terms of popularity was 2005 (i.e. Legend Killer).

Orton's peak in terms of performance was 2009.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
where is 2010? after wm26 he was most over wrestler but wwe screwed him by having miz beat him lol
This. Randy was MEGA over in 2010. Sometimes when I watched his matches I couldnt believe how loud the crowd was.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Orton has always been at his peak. What a legend. TOP 5 in WWE HISTORY no doubt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts