Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before his death, Chris Benoit was considered to be the best wrestler in the world. When did he start to be considered the best?

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Seriously, who the hell is Chris Benoit?
wasnt really funny the first time.

I can remember Flair calling him the best in the world on Nitro once, which was whilst he was disbanding the Four Horseman so I've guessing probably about 1998. I dont think he was the best in the world apart from in the WWE though, one of the liberties they tend to take.

·
Registered
45 Posts
was he a wrestler? oh you mean daniel bryan yeah remeber him but not this "chris benoit"

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Benoit never was the best in the world, he was a great wrestler but nothing more than that.
Eddie and Angle were the best during that time.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
He won the best technical wrestler award in 1994, 1995, 2000, 2003 and 2004. He was considered the best technical wrestler during his tenure in the WWF/E the entire time.

·
Banned
5,374 Posts
Flair, Bret Hart, Jericho, and even Steamboat once said he was the best. Most people seem to think only Hart and Kurt Angle were better, and Bret once said Benoit was as good as he ever was. He was a total package in the ring, a great wrestler, a great brawler, and even a good power wrestler, especially for his size.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
I'm sure if he was alive or didn't go out the way he did, people would talk about him differently and acknowledge how good he truly was.

But regardless this guy could put on great matches with the best of them, I wouldn't say he was the best but he was easily a top five guy in the ring.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Pretty much his whole career. Definitely started after Super J Cup '94.

Everyone pretty much considered him the best in WCW, except for the morons in charge.

They were calling him the best technical wrestler in the world as soon as he got to WWE.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well, might as well give it a year, I say 2004, at Wrestlemania 20, when that was the start of talking that he was the best in the world.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
He was being looked at like that when he and Guerrero were in NJPW years back
Benoit was a sound wrestler he just went out like a monster but in the ring he
was gold.

·
Banned
749 Posts

Since then.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts