Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they did with John cena.

I just have a feeling when that face turn will happen(i think it will happen sooner rather thn later) seen as half the crowd have the t-shirts and stuff. Do you think they will go all out to make him the face of the company. He has the mic skills and he will gradually turn into a good wrestler (he seems like a guy who will work to improve) i think at the moment out of all new talent he seems comfortable doing tv interviews plus he's a got a character if he turns face the kids will love. i'm calling it (i admit i'm not Miz's biggest fan) i think he could be WWE's new poster boy in a few years time.

anyone agree on this?

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Re: When The Miz does eventually turn do you think WWE will push him in the same way.

Unfortunately, disregarding mic skills or whatever...The Miz lacks the physique required for people to really get behind someone of this era. Cena is a big guy, and the kids imagine him to be Superman....they can't think that way of The Miz...he's too small. If the Miz turned face, he'd probably draw as much as HBK did (not much).

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Re: When The Miz does eventually turn do you think WWE will push him in the same way.

Unfortunately, disregarding mic skills or whatever...The Miz lacks the physique required for people to really get behind someone of this era. Cena is a big guy, and the kids imagine him to be Superman....they can't think that way of The Miz...he's too small. If the Miz turned face, he'd probably draw as much as HBK did (not much).
What the fuck?

The fans got behind Rey Mysterio, one of the smallest guys EVER to step into a ring, your argument is flawed.

Miz is also bigger than HBK stature wise.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts

The Miz has made it to the main-event, but everyone has their limitations. And only one person can be the face of the company.

While I think The Miz will go on to become one of the top stars of this decade, even if he became the best wrestler in the company, and accumulated more world title reigns than Ric Flair, he's incapable of being the face of the company simply due to his size. He is neither tall enough, nor built enough, to become the top draw. He's in the same boat as Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, and Chris Jericho Established main-eventers and fan favorites, but never top draw.

He is, however, more than capable of becoming the top heel in the company by the end of 2011. The Miz is just a natural villian. People love to hate him.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

"Super Miz" push? Nah, i don't think it will happen.

·
Rated PG
3,485 Posts

What the fuck?

The fans got behind Rey Mysterio, one of the smallest guys EVER to step into a ring, your argument is flawed.
Miz is also bigger than HBK.
I will let that slide.

I dont see a face turn happening any time soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts

If Miz will turn than... he'll be like Jericho-face. Midcarder.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts

Beef up abit to take seriously how his style meshes with the others, like posters have said above, Rey for example, those kind of stars, cruiserweights are believable because of how they wrestle, Miz ain't a high flyer. Make him grow a beard or something and jack up then imo it would be realistic to push him hard.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

What the fuck?

Miz is also bigger than HBK stature wise.
STATURE WISE????I hope your talking about the build otherwise I'd have taken this as trolling.

If you are talking about the build,HBK might not have a ripped up body like Batista but he was decently tall & his fantastic In-ring skills made for it.Mysterio has a size advantage too but again he has FANTASTIC in-ring skills too.

Miz,unfortunately is small,unathletic,doesn't have a MANDATORY AWESOME FINISHER SMALLER guys should have.Even Bourne & Gabriel gain credibility through the Shooting Star Press/450 SPLASH

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

Miz isn't athletic. Guy is flat footed, reminds me of Stevie Richards with how he moves around the ring.

He's a MTV world champion.

Don't see his fanbase ever taking off.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts

What era are you looking at? This isn't 'The Steroids Era' this is 'The Wellness Policy Era'. If anything more people with less muscles and smaller physiques have been puhed in the last 5 or six years than any other time period.

The Miz is bigger than Jericho if I'm not mistaken, and he never had trouble being over as a face because of his size, and that was when their were more muscleheads running around.

·
Registered
806 Posts

He'd just be a podgy Evan Bourne if he was face.

·
Registered
806 Posts

Either that or he'd really irritate Sheamus, which is pretty much a mirror of his feud with Cena

·
Premium Member
818 Posts

I think you have a little while before the miz turns face. But when he does I think they could push him big time because of his mic skills. He can get over with the crowd quick I believe

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

so everyone is basing whether or not the miz is good based on his size? well i guess the big show should main event every ppv for 2 yrs and see how everyone complains then

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts

He'd just be a podgy Evan Bourne if he was face.
...How?

·
Registered
806 Posts

Annoyingly tenacious

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts

so everyone is basing whether or not the miz is good based on his size?
Yeah, I don't get it myself. For years and years people online complained about WWE's cookie cutter approach to selecting and pushing people. If you can get over and sell lots of merch like Miz and get an arena full of people yelling out your catchphrase or put on great matches like Daniel Bryan and get your named chanted everywhere you go, who cares if you're 7'0" or 5'0"?

The size issue has been changing in WWE these past few years. It's practically a dead issue at this point, except that it obviously helps to look like a chiseled statue ala Sheamus or big and imposing ala Barrett and Swagger.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts

I don't think he'll become the face of the company, but I definitely see him being one of the top 5 guys in the company over the next decade.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts