Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's kinda obvious he's gonna get his world title shot sooner or later but my question is, when should it be? I like Del Rio and all but i personally don't want him to get his shot too soon, it just doesn't feel right to me when guys like Kofi and Ziggler are still stuck in midcard while Del Rio gets his world title shot almost straight not too long after his debut. I don't know if Christian will return before WM or not but i'd rather see him finish his feud with Rey first and then continue his feud with the returning Christian and then have a blow-off match with him at WM. After that maybe he should get his shot. If Edge wins the title at SS or TLC i'd like to see him feuding with Jack Swagger again because Swagger has lost so much steam lately, he deserves a second chance in the main event imo.

Reactions: obby

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I would give it to him at Backlash, or whatever they call the PPV after WM nowadays. Enough time to build him up and have a Non Title Classic at WM agaisnt a Veteran or also a Young Rising Star.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
I'd rather see Edge vs Christian at WM than Del Rio vs Christian, I think that Del Rio should get his shot either at or shortly after WM. While it's a shame guys like Kingston and Ziggler will continue to rot in the mid-card, WWE doesn't work like that anymore, any guy can walk in and get a push nowadays (Sheamus, Wade Barrett etc)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have a feeling that ADR will win King of the Ring, which is soon. So, I'm thinking that he'll get a title shot at Royal Rumble, because, also, thats when they use new challengers for World champpionships.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
You know when ADR wins MITB he will cash in by running over the champ with his Rolls Royce.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Yesterday. I hesitated in hopping on the ADR bandwagon but I'm thoroughly convinced in the man at this point. There is clearly no better choice on the SD roster to be champion, and there's really no reason to wait anymore.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
You know when ADR wins MITB he will cash in by running over the champ with his Rolls Royce.
That would be the single greatest moment in wrestling history, lol.

When should he get it? As soon as possible. If they gave Del Rio the world title tomorrow, he would be completely ready for the reign. When it will happen is a different story. He'll probably win the MITB and cash it in at Extreme Rules.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It appears you have to be buddies with Triple H to get a title shot without being really good (not the case of Kofi and Dolph). But kidding aside, I like Del Rio's project, he's going to be champ, oooh yes he will (with Bearer's voice), but not yet. As it's been said, I would like Alberto to hold the big strap next year, but not right after WM, I mean at the end of the year, because I've never liked newcomers winning the title so fast. Sheamus (a guy who won it fast, twice), are you kidding me? The guy has proved nothing, yeah he pulls off good matches, but he's not ME material just yet, that's why he's already middcarding with Santino. Many of you will thrash me for saying this but I rather having McIntyre as 2 time former WWE Champion (or WHC) than the Celtic Warrior. But ADR has it, he has the spark, he's latino (everybody seems to be fond of latinos in wrestling nowadays) and he knows how to wrestle and make us mad for his actions as a heel. I approve his message (quoting Ray William Johnson) and let's hope the WWE creatives book him as the new big heel after HHH.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
It's kinda obvious he's gonna get his world title shot sooner or later but my question is, when should it be? I like Del Rio and all but i personally don't want him to get his shot too soon, it just doesn't feel right to me when guys like Kofi and Ziggler are still stuck in midcard while Del Rio gets his world title shot almost straight not too long after his debut. I don't know if Christian will return before WM or not but i'd rather see him finish his feud with Rey first and then continue his feud with the returning Christian and then have a blow-off match with him at WM. After that maybe he should get his shot. If Edge wins the title at SS or TLC i'd like to see him feuding with Jack Swagger again because Swagger has lost so much steam lately, he deserves a second chance in the main event imo.
I agree, but I honestly see Del Rio's first shot come before WrestleMania, at Elimination Chamber. When you've got a potential 5 contenders in that match, there's no doubt you have to include Del Rio in there.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Possibly at the Royal Rumble against Edge, he'll go on the verge of winning the championship until Christian interferes setting up a match at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I think this should happen :

• Edge fails to get the title off of Kane at Survivor Series
  • MVP gets a new finisher that doesn't suck
  • MVP steps up to the plate and challenges Kane for the title @ TLC , where he would go over and become WHC
  • MVP reigns as WHC up untill Backlash , at which after his title defense Alberto Del Rio cashes in MITB he won at WM on MVP and wins the world title

There , kill 2 birds with 1 stone

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
He thpeaks Englith more clearly than Thwagger.
Pardon? I don't understand people who have zero charisma. It's hard for me to understand what is being said.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Rumble makes sense (unless they plan on him winning the Rumble, of course), and he's probably already garaunteed a spot in the SD Elimination Chamber. I don't want to see him win it yet though, it seems to early. I'd like him to win sometime after WrestleMania.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
At the rumble i hope.

·
Registered
12,078 Posts
I'll say wait for a year before pushing him into a main event status.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Now. Now. NOW. This guy is just a classic already. Certainly beats being saddled with a vacuum like Edge.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts