Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when sheamus and punk retire were do you think they will be in terms of being near the GOAT. I have decided to divide it up in to several tiers and you guys can drop sheamus and punk into which tier you think they deserve to be in.

tier 1 undertaker (league of his own)

tier 2 austin, rock, hogan

tier 3 cena, HHH, HBK, bret hart, edge, sting, flair

tier 4 lesnar, orton, batista, angle, goldberg

tier 5 christian, booker t, jeff hardy

Apologies if i have missed anyone out you can add them to the fray if you wish to.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Re: when sheamus and punk retire

I think CM Punk has already cracked top 50. Time will tell with Sheamus, but as of now he looks to be headed for top 75 or worse. I think at his best he'd make it to top 50, whereas Punk could still go higher.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts

Sheamus won't be anywhere near that list, he hasnt got it.
Punk can go all the way.

·
Cutting promos on other Mc's...
3,118 Posts

I know I'll get heat for this but I really don't think Taker should be in a league of his own tbh. Don't get me wrong I like him and I was shit scared of him as a kid (so he was obviously doing a good job) and I have a lot of respect for him and he is damn good at what he does etc but saying he's the best ever just doesn't ring true to me...

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts

You got Flair in the same tier as Cena and Edge? Flair should be next to Undertaker.

·
Registered
604 Posts

The first issue is that you've listed those names like they're written in stone. Everyone has an opinion, and the IWC has them in spades, so it's likely the merit of your thread was lost before it began. The second issue I see is you're question is too long term, both Punk and Sheamus have a lot of years left in them, and they can either build or destroy a dynasty in that amount of time. I can only imagine what people were writing about SCSA's GOAT listing when he joined the WWF as the Ringmaster, and I imagine it's a little different to what we hold somewhat collectively true today.

I think both have the potential to be remembered fondly, and achieve great success once their careers are over, but as it stands right now, neither to me would be listed all that highly. Being the eternal optimist, let's hope everything goes their way and some great things happen for them down the road.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts

One thing that will help Punk's legacy immensely is if more wrestlers from the 2000s independent scene make it to the big leagues. Punk was the first one out of the bunch to "break the glass ceiling" and show that a guy from that background can make it big. If more wrestlers like him follow suit, that will seriously influence the way people think of Punk years from now.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts

what a list. Austin, Rock and Hogan are bigger than Undertaker. I know there are alot of Taker marks that will bash ppl who criticize Taker but he cant be in a league of their own. I would honestly have him in the same tier as HHH and HBK. He is a legend for sure based on longevity and skill though. But he made a career on the Deadman gimmick, easily best gimmick in wrestling history, made it work for him and become a Legend with it.

Punk could finish up there, below Cena for sure but maybe ahead of RKO. reason so is WWE will always make Cena seem like he is the greatest of all time. PPL hated Rocks birthday bash. Imagine a Cena retirement party or a Birthday Bash for him once he is gone.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

Your list sucks, but I think CM Punk would fall into the mid tier, it's nothing to do with him, just he's not going to be utilized to his full potential ever.

Sheamus will be a bottom tier, once his time is over and done with, people will forget about him. He's just boring and bland to look at, everything about him is bland. Hell, I think even Chris Benoit was better on a mic than he is, I actually cared about what Chris was going to say.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

Both of them are no even close to any of those names not even top 60 sorry and that list sucks BTW

Reactions: Rock316AE

·
Hit the kitchen up, and water whip. SKRRT
4,030 Posts

When Punk turns heel he'll get a lot more interest, he's a natural heel imo. He can honestly be almost at HHH level of heel, but I don't think anyone will ever be at HHH's level when he was heel, he was the GOAT heel. People legitimately hated him and wanted him dead lol.

·
Registered
640 Posts

I think if they unholstered punk and let him be a loose cannon with a real open mic it'd take him further. punks probably the best on the mic in the ring today. I'd be so incredibly happy if got Independent scene insult the crowd punk.

i also think that if they pull the trigger on ziggler soon that he could be one of the best stars for the future.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts

Disregarding the list you provided, Im pretty sure CM Punk will leave a bigger mark on the business than Sheamus unless Punk retires early and Sheamus adds another 5+ years after.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts

when sheamus and punk retire were do you think they will be in terms of being near the GOAT. I have decided to divide it up in to several tiers and you guys can drop sheamus and punk into which tier you think they deserve to be in.

tier 1 undertaker (league of his own)

tier 2 austin, rock, hogan

tier 3 cena, HHH, HBK, bret hart, edge, sting, flair

tier 4 lesnar, orton, batista, angle, goldberg

tier 5 christian, booker t, jeff hardy

Apologies if i have missed anyone out you can add them to the fray if you wish to.
LOL at undertaker tier 1. Let alone the rest of that list. what a joke.

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts

why people bash the taker is idiotic

he is just as good as the so called "goats"
the man took a backsat most of his carrer fighting upper mid card freaks in gimmick matches for years,

they always got fed to him and he didnt moan about any of that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts