Wrestling Forum banner

When on the road, does iMPACT Wrestling compare with WWE SmackDown?

• Yes, with the current state of both shows considered, they are comparable

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No, iMPACT Wrestling is still way off WWE SmackDown

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

The recent tv tapings from Huntsville, AL and the tapings back in March from Fayetteville, NC were, IMO, big time successes for the growth of the company. With two more tapings on the road from Knoxville and Macon to come, my question is this...

When being taped on the road, can iMPACT Wrestling compare in terms of attendance, spectacle, venue, revenue etc, with WWE SmackDown?

Obviously, iMPACT Wrestling is far far from being anywhere close to rivaling WWE Raw, but SmackDown is taped (like iMPACT), SmackDown has the weaker roster, and in terms of recent attendance, I know last week's SmackDown was a one-off, but iMPACT last week, at least to me, felt like a far bigger spectacle than WWE SmackDown.

While iMPACT is still a little behind SmackDown in the ratings (iMPACT currently averages low 1s, whereas SmackDown currently averages high 1s/low 2s) do you think the two shows compare at all? Especially when considering SmackDown's recent decline?

Your thoughts...

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, what happens on Smackdown matters in a historical/big picture/whatever sense. Can't say the same about TNA. Christian winning the world title twice matters. If Mark Henry wins it, that will matter. When Bobby Roode wins the TNA title it will be cool and good and all that, but on a larger scale it doesn't really matter. That's why my answer is no.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, what happens on Smackdown matters in a historical/big picture/whatever sense. Can't say the same about TNA. Christian winning the world title twice matters. If Mark Henry wins it, that will matter. When Bobby Roode wins the TNA title it will be cool and good and all that, but on a larger scale it doesn't really matter. That's why my answer is no.
He's talking about attendance numbers lol

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Attendance numbers? Who knows. Unless we get official numbers all we can do is speculate.

The other day someone from this place said the tapings drew 8000. and that really doesnt sound right

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
He's talking about attendance numbers lol
That's not how I interpret it. He's asking if it is as big, or as big a spectacle. Specifically asked for thoughts, not facts or numbers. I stand by my answer.

As far as attendance goes, I guess they could match them. But all it takes is one roster shuffle/mixup by the WWE to fix it. Like always, TNA should focus on their product, not comparing to WWE.

·
Banned
623 Posts
Yes, and as a matter of fact Impact on the road with just two shows has drawn more then any smackdown show in the last three years according to that post another poster posted. From reports the last impact show drew just over 8000 people where as smackdown can't get passed the 4000 mark in any area as proven by stats. Hell Raw just gets under 10,000 fans a show on avg and TNA is not far from that. Give it a few years and Impact will be going head to head with raw via attendence.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Yes, and as a matter of fact Impact on the road with just two shows has drawn more then any smackdown show in the last three years according to that post another poster posted. From reports the last impact show drew just over 8000 people where as smackdown can't get passed the 4000 mark in any area as proven by stats. Hell Raw just gets under 10,000 fans a show on avg and TNA is not far from that. Give it a few years and Impact will be going head to head with raw via attendence.
What reports?

i assume as a future TNA wrestler you get sent reports from inside companies about attendance, right mr genesis?

·
Banned
623 Posts
What reports?

i assume as a future TNA wrestler you get sent reports from inside companies about attendance, right mr genesis?
Nope, this was posted yesterday by Jason Lives poster with a link/source

Originally Posted by JasonLives
WWEs average attendance threwout the years ( House shows + Tapings, PPVs not included ):

1992 - 4,250
1993 - 3,450
1994 - 2,880
1995 - 3,039
1996 - 4,881
1997 - 5,826
1998 - 10,006
1999 - 12,017
2000 - 11,460
2001 - 9,200
2002 - 5,625
2003 - 4,537
2004 - 3,862
2005 - 4,354
2006 - 5,175
2007 - 5,998
2008 - 5,973
2009 - 6,226
2010 - 5,810

Now if you look through that site you will see all of the smackdown shows from this year minus the last three weeks being counted on the reports. No smackdown show has passed the 4,000 mark in over 3 years. In fact it keeps going down according to that source. Pretty easy to see that Impact is bringing in more people then the wwe B show as it should.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Im not asking about Smackdown. You just have to take one look in the WWE section to know whats happening there.

I asked for the report about the TNA taping
I think people are confusing a TNA taping with the ticket sales for BFG which might be around 8000.

·
Banned
623 Posts
Im not asking about Smackdown. You just have to take one look in the WWE section to know whats happening there.

I asked for the report about the TNA taping
Sorry, well on the Impact face book page you will see a few weeks back that it was reported that just over 8000 people were at the taping. JB made a post about it on the face book page. Other posters have cited that to be true although I have no idea where they got there source from if not from JB.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts