Wrestling Forum banner

When Miz wins his first world title, would you rather him as a heel or face?

• Heel

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • Face

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though Miz has been doing an excellent job as a gradually progressing midcard heel, and is making a name for himself, I think when it comes time to win a world title he would be equally good as a face. I say this because Miz is one of those once in a while guys who come along and really work hard to get where they are. Some may feel indifferent to this, but you can't really disagree to the fact that Miz is an inspiring person.

Breaking kayfabe for a second, he has worked really hard to get where he is and will soon be, and a character like that would be really good for the WWE to push as a face. Think about it, they like to cater to a younger audience, and what better message to send them than to work hard and don't give up not matter what anyone says. Yeah, I know, sounds corny right? But that is the story of the Miz and I believe it could be marketed really well.

Now, the only problem this makes, is that he is doing so dam well as a heel, and to turn him face could run the risk of losing all his momentum and character development and thats not good for a rising star. It also means that he could not win MITB because doing so, he would be in his current heel persona, and therefore to win as a face he would have to wait at least another year, if not longer, to make time and development for a face turn.

Despite all I've said though, I don't really mind either way. Seeing as I will still be happy for him to win even if the audience isn't.

So, do you think he should be a heel or face?

·
Banned
647 Posts
You answered the question yourself. He's too good as a heel. I know he wasnt as a good a worker when he was a face but remember "HOO RAH!" :fpalm

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
I was thinking just earlier to day this thread would come up sooner or later, and I actually voted to see him win it as a face. Because, like it was said in the thread about emotional title victories, he's worked his ass off to get to wear he is. In the span of a couple of years, he's gone from interviewing people, basically being the joke of the locker room, to the supporting player in a tag team with John Morrison, to a Triple Champion, and one of the most over upper carders on the roster. His progression is unbelievable, and he'd have an easy job getting over as a Jericho-esque face, no problem.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I voted Heel.

Why? Because that's what he's good at. He's like Randy Orton in that the only way to get him to turn anywhere NEAR face is to make him a tweener. There's no way I'll ever take The Miz seriously if he suddenly has a heart and starts saving people.

The Miz is a cocky, greedy, loudmouth, son of a bitch. That's why I like him and I cheer for him. He's good as a heel and if he ever gets a world title, it's either Heel or Tweener... NEVER face.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
way way way way too good as a heel and is way too over as a heel. Do not change him to a face for a very long time. Imagine his promos when he is a world champion and a heel??? I am marking out already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love him as a heel, Just the "I'm better then you" persona is a great thing, that's why I loved the Rock, it's because they just think they're above everyone else and that's their gimmick.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Heel. The Miz is a villian, end of story. I want to see him win his first world title being just as cocky and arrogant an asshole as he was when he won his first US title last October. And by what happened with R-Truth, his character seems to shifting to a slightly darker tone than before.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
EvoLution™;8594521 said:
This is an "if" question, not a "when."
No this is a "when" question without a doubt. Miz is gonna win a world title. That's an automatic and something that I guarantee will happen. Everybody knows it. Oh and before you say it, Im not a Miz mark.

But yeah this isn't even a question. He needs to stay heel as long as he can. No reason to fix something that isn't broken.

·
Asuka
96,225 Posts
No this is a "when" question without a doubt. Miz is gonna win a world title. That's an automatic and something that I guarantee will happen. Everybody knows it. Oh and before you say it, Im not a Miz mark.

But yeah this isn't even a question. He needs to stay heel as long as he can. No reason to fix something that isn't broken.
Miz isn't the first person people have said that about and it hasn't happened.

He's definately not winning the MITB, which is unfortunate and means that he'll be squandered in the midcard for the next year, and could be forgotten about if he doesn't get a fresh start on SmackDown! come the draft.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
TheGreatOne2735 said:
The Miz does not have main event-level talent. He seems to already have peaked, and whether anyone likes to admit it or not, he's exactly where he was last year.

Not every guy that comes through the company has what it takes to be a World Champion. I don't know why that's expected of every single guy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Even though Miz has been doing an excellent job as a gradually progressing midcard heel, and is making a name for himself, I think when it comes time to win a world title he would be equally good as a face. I say this because Miz is one of those once in a while guys who come along and really work hard to get where they are.

Are you fucking kidding me, the Miz is just like every other bad guy, he acts like he is the best ever and just talks alot. Remember Mr. Kennedy, he had alot going for him too at one point, but it never worked out. Miz was a tool on the Real World and he is the most overrated heel in thw WWE. I'm the Miz and i look like a retarded monkey(look at his angry face, its as retarded as they come). That should be his saying, not I'm Awesome.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Heel, undoubtedly. Imagine his promos as a heel Champ.

I personally never want to see a Miz heel turn (at least not in the forseeable future). He is a great heel and plus, the WWE face formula sucks.

In the Attitude Era, someone like Miz could become a shit hot rebellious face, but in this era he'd end up like MVP and become irrelevant as a face maybe. Not worth the risk.

·
Registered
336 Posts
This question should be saved for:
A)When he can put on a decent match, something he is presently not capable of
B)Looks credible against a main event or upper midcard worker, something he has yet do
C)Is able to generate his own heat/pop, the only time he has ever garnered a noticeable reaction is when in tag teams with more established veterans. He has yet to get over as a singles competitor.

It is hard to imagine him ever being a main event worker, let alone a world champion, at this point.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts