Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When John Cena ever retires will the business be better? Will storylines and the overall product be better when hes gone for good?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Of course not, there may be a few positives to come out of it but overall it would be a huge loss. The guy represents everything the WWE stands for these days.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yeah. I don't wish him injury or anything, but the few times he was out, I enjoyed WWE ALOT more. Remember Jericho vs HBK in 2008? Feud of the year. Then Cena returned and squashed Jericho in his first match back. That says it all.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
But the storylines and everything is shit
even if that were true [Nexus has been the best thing the wwe has done in years]

How in the BLUEST OF BLUE HELLS IS THAT CENA's FAULT!?

i was under the impression he was a Wrestler not a writer.

Edit: Cena Didn't Squash jericho had Taker/HBK not happened that year it probably would of been MOTY

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,084 Posts
None of us can know that since Cena won't be leaving until he's at least in his early 40s, barring a career-ending injury of some kind. By itself, it sounds like a negative--losing him would hurt business dramatically right now, but we cannot foresee where things will be in general in 2018, 2020 or 2022, or whenever it is that he retires. There could be someone who emerges like Steve Austin who takes the wrestling world by storm, in, say, 2015, or the pain of the American economy may grow into an all-out depression, meaning that money for entertainment outlets will dry up far worse than it is today. The number of factors to consider here is overwhelming.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
When anyone retires you'd hope that the next person who the torch is past to will carry it strongly. So I hope whoever comes after Cena will be a quality torch bearer. I think the WWE needs to get on to producing a more compelling cast of characters and workers, but especially characters, for the future.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Like the time Hogan left, they will make a Shitload of Money.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
It'll depend, if it's a HBk retirement.... or a Hogan/Flair retirement

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
what is this i don't even.

·
Registered
319 Posts
when hogan left the company almost died
I have a belief that most wrestling fans who began watching within the past 5 years(or even during the Attitude Era) don't realize that there was a period in between the end of Hogan and the beginning of the Attitude Era in WWE.

WWE was far worse off without Hogan. They struggled without Rock and Austin and whenever Cena leaves it'll be a huge blow.

Right now people are passionate about John Cena one way or another. They pay to see him win or lose and he elicits the best reaction from anyone in wrestling. I'd argue that on a WWE scale he'd get a better reaction than Hulk Hogan if both appeared on Raw tonight. The only person that may be an exception is a surprise return of either Shawn Michaels, Triple H, The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin.

All of which, by the way, are also mega stars in the business.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Unless he's around in 30 years still on top pulling a Hulk Hogan no. Cena is still the best all around talent professional wrestling has to offer today.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.