Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching WWF/WWE for many, many, many years, and I honestly cannot remember it being this bad. Between:

-stupid storylines
-the titles being almost meaningless (even the WWE title feud between Daniel Bryan/Punk/Kane is more about AJ than the title)
-lots of guys out due to injuries and suspensions
-shallow talent roster (which will be even more exposed when RAW goes 3 hours weekly)
-Promoting the Be A Star campaign when they bully people in their stories
-Twitter references nobody cares about
-a horrible "GM" for both shows who routinely screws his lines up
-complete burial of guys who have held WWE titles in the last two years (like Heath Slater), which just helps reinforce how meaningless the titles are
-guys who debuted months ago and still do pretty much nothing but squash matches (Ryback, Funkasaurus)

·
Registered
495 Posts
1995 was really bad. WWF was getting their ass kicked by WCW, losing big stars, arguably the worst WrestleMania of all-time that year.

At least there were bright spots like Bret Hart though.

But I can't remember a time where a title wasn't valued in the WWF. The only one I can think of is the Women's title but that was because it was defunct for a few years in the 90s because of the Madusa stunt.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
2006 was quite awful, before then you'd have to go back to 1996, maybe 1995. The WWE are in the strange predicament where they're offering some quality in-ring product but then really inconsistent storylines. It's such a shame because they're kinda on the right path with the likes of Lesnar, Rock, Taker and HHH all available for special appearances, they can't seem to fit a good bulk load of entertaining in between their returns.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I'm enjoying the current product.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont know. This is the first time since I started watching WWE that I don't catch every raw or at least try to. All I care about now is AJ.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have been watching wrestling since 2000 and for me 2006 was the worst year along with this year. In both those years the work the men did was boring a women was the reason I watching raw in 06 and 6 years later an women is the reason why I am watching raw right now.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
2007 was much worse than 2006. The death of Chris Benoit, Vince Mcmahon's 'death, Great Khali's title reign and a few more other things.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
1995 is the correct answer

as for those saying 2006 , 2006 was a really great year when you look into it , the Rise of Edge , DX's reunion (their last great run) and feud with the mcmahons , ECW's return , John Cena pre-staleness and amazing feuds with HHH , Van Dam , and of course that awesome Cena/Edge feud

now as for 2009 , i agree it wasn't the best year , it was the borefest year (aside from the legacy/mcmahon feud) , where every PPV is a Cena/Orton twiddle twaddle , but the difference is , back then they had a direction , and even tho i'm not a fan of that year storylines made MUCH more sense than this year's

you look at storylines of 2012 , it's as if they are rushing everything and not having time to plan it all , the Big Show joining Johnny Ace doesn't make one damn lick of sense whatsoever when you think about it

i'm not saying it's WCW 2000 or TNA 2010 level of bad but if they keep going that direction , who knows ?

·
Registered
823 Posts
1995 sounds alright.
It can't be 2007 and 2009 because at least HBK, Undertaker and Triple H were still active.
Oh and trust me, WWE is getting worse and worse every year so who knows how terrible it will be.

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
2009 was just bad. I almost gave up being a WWE fan then but now is not even that bad.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I like the current product because I go in with a level head. The WWE IS NOT aimed at "us" (I'm gonna assume that most of us on here are late teens or adults) anymore. A lot of us grew up in the Monday Night Wars and practically everything else in wrestling pales in comparison to the sheer brilliance of that era. The WWE is aimed at kids now so effectively, we're watching a glorified kids product but I still enjoy it. Yes the storylines do need work but the standards of wrestling have improved, every PPV this year has been great in my opinion and with Dolph now moving up the card we could see new main eventers in the near future.

I even like Cena!

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
1995 is the correct answer

as for those saying 2006 , 2006 was a really great year when you look into it , the Rise of Edge , DX's reunion (their last great run) and feud with the mcmahons , ECW's return , John Cena pre-staleness and amazing feuds with HHH , Van Dam , and of course that awesome Cena/Edge feud

now as for 2009 , i agree it wasn't the best year , it was the borefest year (aside from the legacy/mcmahon feud) , where every PPV is a Cena/Orton twiddle twaddle , but the difference is , back then they had a direction , and even tho i'm not a fan of that year storylines made MUCH more sense than this year's

you look at storylines of 2012 , it's as if they are rushing everything and not having time to plan it all , the Big Show joining Johnny Ace doesn't make one damn lick of sense whatsoever when you think about it

i'm not saying it's WCW 2000 or TNA 2010 level of bad but if they keep going that direction , who knows ?
Agree with this. Cena was actually entertaining back in 2006. Not to mention 2006 had that live sex celebration :cool2 . 2009 was just a shit year with all those guest hosts.

2012 has the potential but it isn't delivering. The Kane/Cena feud was interesting at first, but the ending sucked and the aftermath was pointless really. Then we had the Lesnar/Cena feud which again didn't really make any sense. It was Lesnar's first match and making him lose was a bad decision, IMO. 2012 has all been about evaluating Laurinitis' job. How many chances does he get? Also if Vinny O'mac fired Johnny then the OTL match between Cena and Laurinitis was useless to begin with.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Never, 95 at least had a great and colorful roster with great talents like Hall, Nash, Bret, Taker, HBK etc. 2012 had a few great/memorable things, Rock/Cena program and match, HBK/Taker/HHH program and match, Brock Lesnar's return and work along with the match at ER and Big Show's recent great work but that's it. The concept of TV in WCW 2000 was 100 times more attractive than WWE today. The big and main decline started in 2009 and peaking every year to new all-time low.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts