Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How would you create Sting's big return to battle Immortal?

I'd either have him interfere unexpectedly at Lockdown during the Lethal Lockdown match helping Dixie's team, or have him return expectedly at the ppv to battle Flair one last time. But have a huge build-up to the match cos of it's legendary status.

If he stayed on afterwards, I'd have him build up his own mini faction (I know TNA have done it to death, but I feel a dark Sting faction would be fantastic). Not sure who it would consist of though. Any thoughts?

IMO, it's a shame Sting isn't 15 years younger, cos him battling Hardy's current character would've been absolutely epic!

·
Registered
673 Posts
either with the whole MEM (would be epic) or attacking hardy so we could have one sting/hardy feud...

·
Registered
937 Posts
I would have him come off of the rafters on a cable. Sting is a guy that does not need much of a build up. It's freaking Sting. As far as him being old, I don't see it. He has not lost a step in the ring. His mic skills are twice as good as they used to be. And he looks like he is in better shape. He may be hurt, that may be why he was in short tag matches. But he needs to be treated with the most respect. Otherwise they are just throwing away money and rating. Before Hogan was in TNA does not matter, nobody was watching. If they do it wright they can get people to watch.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I think the MEM idea some people threw up is terrible as far as pushing talent goes, but very interesting as far as pure entertainment goes. Despite all its flaws MEM actually made a mark in the wrestling business, too bad that TNA thanks to Russo couldn't capitalise on it but this makes it more open to try to restart it. Let's not forget that one of the main anti Fourtune guys is a MEM member, Samoa Joe. I could see several ways of making it into a logical storyline.

Sting/Nash: Driven away by Immortal

Scott Steiner: Lost his job due to Fourtune/Immortal signings (say the same about Booker T kayfabe wise)

Angle: Jarrett issue

Joe: also Jarrett

In my book, every single MEM guy would have an agenda against Fourtune/Immortal so it could serve for a great little programm.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I think the MEM idea some people threw up is terrible as far as pushing talent goes, but very interesting as far as pure entertainment goes. Despite all its flaws MEM actually made a mark in the wrestling business, too bad that TNA thanks to Russo couldn't capitalise on it but this makes it more open to try to restart it. Let's not forget that one of the main anti Fourtune guys is a MEM member, Samoa Joe. I could see several ways of making it into a logical storyline.

Sting/Nash: Driven away by Immortal

Scott Steiner: Lost his job due to Fourtune/Immortal signings (say the same about Booker T kayfabe wise)

Angle: Jarrett issue

Joe: also Jarrett

In my book, every single MEM guy would have an agenda against Fourtune/Immortal so it could serve for a great little programm.
Yep, I agree that this is not the best thing for pushing young talents but it could be great entertainement. And yes, they all have an agenda against the the immortals.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'd have him return, make everybody think Immortal is scared of him, then at the PPV Career vs Title match with Hardy, Jeff destroys him and ends his career. If that won't get him booed in the IZ then nothing will.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'd have Sting return to TNA and immediately get involved in a feud against Jeff Jarrett. During one of their matches, Sting "injures" his leg and is seemingly put out of commission again. He doesn't show up for a few weeks.

Meanwhile, a rivalry within Immortal is deepening between world champion Jeff Hardy and A.J. Styles. To resolve their differences, Hardy agrees to give Styles a title match at the next PPV - as long as the title "stays within family, it's all good," says Immortal.

During the PPV main event, Hardy and Styles go back and forth in a hotly contested fight, but it's obvious that Styles isn't himself. Hardy begins to dominate the match, and Styles is really on the defense. Suddenly, Sting appears on crutches. He gets to ringside, and as AJ is lying by the ropes, Sting shouts at him. AJ looks confused at Sting's appearance, but Sting keeps shouting at him. "You're AJ Styles! You ARE TNA, AJ! Wake up! You're AJ Styles!" Sting yells. Sting then reaches over and slaps AJ hard across the face. Shocked, AJ stares at Sting, and then at Hardy. Hardy tries to attack AJ again, but AJ is suddenly fired up and begins unleashing his full arsenal of offense. The crowd is going wild!

AJ is about to put Hardy in his Styles Clash finisher, but then the rest of Immortal comes down to ringside and surrounds a helpless Sting (remember, he's on crutches). They start beating Sting up. Faced with a decision, AJ jumps out of the ring and defends Sting. Unfortunately, the ref counts AJ out.

Winner by countout: Jeff Hardy

The next Impact, AJ talks about how he couldn't let Immortal destroy Sting. And he thanks Sting for waking up the real AJ Styles.

[Can you guys recall the "angle" I'm stealing this from?] :)

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I wouldn't have him return at all. Sting walked out, and I think he should be done. Let everyone else step up in his absence to take down Immortal.

Physically, Sting is way past his prime. As a character, there is nothing left for him to do really outside of just rehashing the same stuff he's been doing since 97. Its over. Sting is done. Lets move on.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I wouldn't have him return at all. Sting walked out, and I think he should be done. Let everyone else step up in his absence to take down Immortal.

Physically, Sting is way past his prime. As a character, there is nothing left for him to do really outside of just rehashing the same stuff he's been doing since 97. Its over. Sting is done. Lets move on.
As a Sting fan, I would hate to see his final act as a wrestler to be walking out on the company. I think he should return, help the good guys overthrow Immortal once and for all, and then have a retirement match against Ric Flair.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
At this point, he just needs to hang it up. Maybe if he was still in his 40's.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts

The thing is noone really cares about Sting when the topic is MEM. Peopls just want Angle, Joe and Steiner to return under one faction to be able to create good matches (Angle spotfests, Joe) or Steiner promos. Let's face it, Anderson heel promos (his best ones) aren't even worth anything compared to Steiner promos, Pope isn't that good of a promo and Joe could own him anyday and Pope, while getting better still isn't even remotely compreable to Angle.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Release a murder of crows during the main event of Genesis to represent that he's not alone.

Then have both Immortal and whatever the hell Dixie's team will be called be wary of Sting, as he's against Immortal, but still angry about Dixie ignoring him. Create a mystery of who he's coming with.

Then have Sting come back with Jon Moxley and Hade Vansen and treat all three as if they're equals. Play it up that they're impartial and then when Sting is about to announce his choice, go to commercial, come back and find Sting absolutely decimated backstage. Moxley and Vansen come out and choose a side on their own, becoming the key to that side's eventual victory.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Release a murder of crows during the main event of Genesis to represent that he's not alone.

Then have both Immortal and whatever the hell Dixie's team will be called be wary of Sting, as he's against Immortal, but still angry about Dixie ignoring him. Create a mystery of who he's coming with.

Then have Sting come back with Jon Moxley and Hade Vansen and treat all three as if they're equals. Play it up that they're impartial and then when Sting is about to announce his choice, go to commercial, come back and find Sting absolutely decimated backstage. Moxley and Vansen come out and choose a side on their own, becoming the key to that side's eventual victory.
ONLY problem is that Moxley cant wrestle. If TNA hired idiots like moxley, they would be way worse off then now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts