Wrestling Forum banner

When HHH orTaker retire, will they be as missed as The Rock?

4438 62
It was pretty evident for years and years the majority of the IWC were wanting The Rock to return so badly.

So do you think with the inevitable retirements of Trips and Taker on the horizon, do you think they will be anywhere near as missed as The Rock? (Not calling them back for one more match or anything, just an appearance ala Stone Cold). Or has it just go to the point where less and less people care about them anymore?, could help but notice Pyro mention he's not that bothered about Taker being around anymore these days.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
I don't think so because, sadly, they've both stuck around too long and outstayed their welcome. I'd have been happy for 'Taker to retire after WM26 and as for Triple H, well, he hasn't done anything worthwhile for about 5 years imo.

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
Well Rock left at his peak when he was still young and we have seen a lot of people come into the WWE that we would have loved Rock to face. But with HHH/Taker, they stuck around, they are older and we have seen them do it all. With Rock there are a lot of missed opportunities and also the fact that he was gone for 7 years and people missed him. With the other two, I don't think there will have been any missed opportunities. When they retire I certainly think that people will miss them and appreciate what they have done but I don't think there will be the clamoring there was for Rocky to come back and have 'one more match' against HBK or Austin or Cena or Orton or whoever.

· Premium Member
46,600 Posts
Well I can't speak for the fanbase as a whole, but me personally...

Triple H, not a chance. That guy is so stale & boring I said a year ago I hope he never comes back in an on screen capacity. I can't think of anybody who stayed on top as long as he did that was so over exposed & uninteresting to watch towards the end. Yes, I'm even including Hogan in that discussion.

Undertaker? That one is a bit tougher to answer. I'd say in 2009 Taker got to that point that I'd never thought he'd get to: That stale veteran hanging on way too long. If you'd asked me this question 3 years ago, I'd have said yes in heartbeat. But with him constantly repeating storylines, getting put in the World Title scene when he has no business being there, & his comings & goings do to his physical state breaking down, I have to ask the question "What is the point anymore?". I'll say this, I thought he had a chance to really put CM Punk on the map in 2009, but in the end, he just knocked Punk down from World Champion to Dark Match participant. I lost a lot of respect for The Dead Man after that and if he isn't even able to help make stars and only work 1/3 of the year anyway, then again, what's the point of having him around anymore?

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,772 Posts
As already said, Rock left at his peak. When he was still on top, plus the fact that he rarely made appearences over the last 7 years, with exceptions. Undertaker and Triple H have been with the WWE for a really long time, and haven't left as long as the Rock, so they're just common to people and won't as hugely missed due to their exposure.

On the otherhand, people still love them and proberly will be sad to see them retire, I know I will miss them both when they leave, and maybe in a few years after they do retire, people might start to miss them. But that's a question of time.

· #EMMAtained
5,963 Posts
Of course they will both be missed tremendously after a certain amount of time. Give it a few years after they retire and if one of them made a guest appearance the crowd would go nuts at the arena, and I think even some fans online would like to see them again after awhile. I mean at that point, they won't be chasing titles or staying in the main event scene past their welcome. Taker especially will always be missed by the fans because of how good he's been for so long.

· Registered
1,957 Posts
I personally will miss both of them. Not as much as the Rock, because he still has some time before he gets to be as battered as HHH and the Undertaker. But as Starbuck mentioned, both HHH and the Undertaker have pretty much done it all in their careers.

When HBK retired, I definitely missed him. But a few months passed, and he soon became an afterthought. It'll be great to see HBK inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. Not in the sense that the Hall of Fame means much, but just to see him again. I'll feel the same way when HHH and the Undertaker are inducted one day.

· Registered
9,456 Posts
I think that The Undertaker will be missed greatly when he retires. Sure, he's a little bit stale these days but imagine a Wrestlemania without Undertaker defending his streak. I agree with the old adage "out with the old, in with the new". At the same time, nostalgic old fans like myself will miss his precense, even if we aren't his biggest fans any more.

· Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I personally will miss both of them. Not as much as the Rock, because he still has some time before he gets to be as battered as HHH and the Undertaker. But as Starbuck mentioned, both HHH and the Undertaker have pretty much done it all in their careers.

When HBK retired, I definitely missed him. But a few months passed, and he soon became an afterthought. It'll be great to see HBK inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. Not in the sense that the Hall of Fame means much, but just to see him again. I'll feel the same way when HHH and the Undertaker are inducted one day.
You could say that about The Rock, he accomplished so much, but do you mean that in they have done it and are still doing it (big Mania match round the corner) over and over and over again.

· Banned
8,284 Posts
Triple H won't be missed at all, because he's never really leaving. As soon as he hangs up the boots, he's putting on the suit, if you catch my drift.

The Undertaker will be missed for the first year or so, but it's obvious he's only got a year left in him, and it looks like he'll be gone once he hits 20-0.

· Banned
361 Posts
Undertaker squashed CM Punk, killed his push and made him look like an absolute joke.
And why? Because Punk dissed the company dress code.
So no, I won't miss The Undertaker. Not after that shameful, pathetic display.

But Triple H? Yeah, I'll miss him a great deal. He can go in the ring, he's funny, the fans love him, he has a gimmick that allows him to put people over. He's a great asset to WWE and I hope he breaks the streak.

But I won't miss Undertaker. Not when he's got a gimmick in which almost every superstar has to act afraid of this balding old man in mascara and play along with his insulting theatrics and magic tricks. The sooner he goes the better, especially if he really can't be arsed to change his gimmick and try cuttting real promos.

· Harley's Circus
2,591 Posts
I wont miss either of them. Taker as cool as he is buried CM Punk and has been stale for about the last 3 years,maybe if he left then I would miss him but nah its not happening for me anymore.

HHH is the definition of the overexposed veteran. Hes basically just like Cena even though he shouldn't be featured as much as he is it always happens. Hes kind of killed all the fondness in my heart I've had for DX with his antics.

So nope neither of them will be missed they both stuck around too long and aren't good enough talkers to make people care about seeing them in that fashion.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
Undertaker will be missed. By fan and the locker room. From what I can tell he is a true lockerroom leader.

Triple H, not so much.

· Registered
1,957 Posts
You could say that about The Rock, he accomplished so much, but do you mean that in they have done it and are still doing it (big Mania match round the corner) over and over and over again.
Yes, even if the Rock came back to wrestle, he isn't as broken down as HHH and the Undertaker. I would say Taker is the most banged up guy in the WWE, and HHH isn't that far behind with constantly having nagging injuries. But that's expected. Look at what HHH and Taker have done in their careers, while the Rock took an extended break from wrestling.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.