Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've known for quite some time that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was splitting into two films, with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I hitting theaters November 19 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II arriving July 15, 2011. Hollywood News is reporting that the upcoming Entertainment Weekly issue will reveal the point where both films will be split. You should be warned that there are SPOILERS below, so read forth at your own risk.

Here's an excerpt from the site's article which reveals the exact point where Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ends.

"Part I, by the way, will end at about Chapter 24 of the book, with Voldemort gaining possession of the Elder Wand, one of the three Deathly Hallows that allow the bearer to conquer death."

The Hollywood News also mentions that the split point comes much later than fans were expecting and the split point, "seems to indicate that Part 2 will consist almost entirely of the climatic Battle of Hogwarts," according to the site.

We'll be sure to keep you posted with any further information on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II as soon as we have more information.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I comes to theaters November 19th, 2010 and stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, Maggie Smith, Helena Bonham Carter. The film is directed by David Yates.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II comes to theaters July 15th, 2011 and stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, Ralph Fiennes, Bonnie Wright, Michael Gambon. The film is directed by David Yates.

CREDIT - Movieweb.com

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,798 Posts
I didn't read the OP's post once I since the word "spoilers", only because I've been a big fan of the Harry Potter series since the very first movie came out and I've yet to of heard how it ends.

I'm very excited for the new movie, it seems like it has been ages since the Half-Blood Prince came out.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
I don't like the idea of split movies. It just feels strange. And to me, it's as if they are trying to rake in as much money as they can.

Still, I will go see it. Watched Harry Potter since it came out, I need to finish the series. :p

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
I don't like the idea of split movies. It just feels strange. And to me, it's as if they are trying to rake in as much money as they can.

Still, I will go see it. Watched Harry Potter since it came out, I need to finish the series. :p
Well the other movies have ranged from atrocious shit to good so I'm hoping the split results in a good film. They've no excuse for cutting stuff now. Although the set-up from HBP wasn't too good, so they've work to do there.

·
So good they named it thrice
6,336 Posts
Wish it wasn't split but they're leaving nothing wrong the book - which was truly, truly, epic, so I don't mind as such. Seriously cannot wait for this.

·
Banned
19,408 Posts
I didn't read the OP's post once I since the word "spoilers", only because I've been a big fan of the Harry Potter series since the very first movie came out and I've yet to of heard how it ends.

I'm very excited for the new movie, it seems like it has been ages since the Half-Blood Prince came out.
read the fucking books. they're about a billion times better than the movies.

Well the other movies have ranged from atrocious shit to good so I'm hoping the split results in a good film. They've no excuse for cutting stuff now. Although the set-up from HBP wasn't too good, so they've work to do there.
Yeah, the movies cut or switch the order of so much stuff so i'm hoping it'll be better with the split movie.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
the movies suck so my point of caring where it's split is low. i'm assuming it will just be the usual harry getting the shit beat out of him all the time and having friends who get him out of it or just getting extremely lucky because lo and behold, his one true power is that you just can't kill the fucker.

and yes, i've read the books. don't really see the love there either. harry's a shitty character IMO.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'm really looking forward to the final 2 Harry Potter films. I read the books when it came out and it'll be good closure to the story, seeing on the big screen.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
i find it crazy they have spllit this book into two movies, the damage has already been done so they should have just kept it at 1 whole movie.

If they wanted to split it into two movies they should have done this from book 4 onwards, this was the point for me where the movies started getting shit. They missed so much from book 4 that they had to carry it over in a snowball affect. Since then they have been shit. Also the deathly hallows is the smallest book of the final 4 and book 4 is the biggest, just seems crazy.

·
Premium Member
18,721 Posts
I don't mind them splitting the movie in two at all. instead of trying to cram all the stuff that happens into a 2 and half hour movie, they are going to sspread it over 4 or so hours.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Hopefully the split means they're gonna fill all of the plotholes the last four movies have created. The Battle of Hogwarts has the potential to be completely awesome. Hopefully they can manage everything properly.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Mr Pip™;8720673 said:

If you've read the books, don't bother reading the following :)

Basically, they split it because there is just so god damn much in that book that it would have been virtually impossible to make one film out of it. Every single page and chapter of Deathly Hallows is relevant and important. And if they're doing the split that far in, it makes me fear for how much they're going to leave out, unless they've made a 3-4 hour film out of it.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i find it crazy they have spllit this book into two movies, the damage has already been done so they should have just kept it at 1 whole movie.
all about cash, man. they're just cash cowing the fucking franchise to the enth degree here, same with the last twilight movie and how it's split into two movies. they know they can make double bank here and they're running with it.

anyone who thinks it's because of the "source material" is just fooling themselves. sure, that's what the director/screenwriters will say but the last book could have been 100 pages, it'd still be two movies.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
One whole movie depicting the Battle of Hogwarts? Yes please.

I nerdrage if Lucius Malfoy doesn't get screentime in either Deathly Hallows as well as Half-Blood Prince.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts