Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Thoughts? I do agree (it's helpful that he isn't trying to be funny throughout the whole video like usual) mostly especially the we are awesome, what & 10 shit

What do y'all think as well?

E do need to provide a more quality product yes, but some of the chanting..

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
If you actually bothered to watch or you know used your brain for a moment you'd realise this has been going on long before Romey :reigns2
The video clearly states that the worst of this is happening now (and has started in recent years.)

Might want to watch your own video before posting next time.

When the product is shit, this is what you get. It's up to the company to rectify it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
What can you expect when the crowd is full of people who started watching WWE like 7 years ago? There should be an option to mute the crowd. I couldn't care less what a bunch of teenagers (basically everyone in the crowd) chant.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The video clearly states that the worst of this is happening now (and has started in recent years.)

Might want to watch your own video before posting next time.

When the product is shit, this is what you get. It's up to the company to rectify it.
The video clearly uses brings up instances leading back to way before Romey was involved in the business, way before

So maybe you should watch again? Actually don't, you might come out with something more stupid

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And then specifically mentions how those reactions never ruined those shows because they didn't interfere with the in ring product.
& then brings up instances where they did, e.g. the what chant, cm punk chants, the whole hijack bollocks. Those are before Reigns' single run

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
& then brings up instances where they did, e.g. the what chant, cm punk chants, the whole hijack bollocks. Those are before Reigns' single run
The "what" chant started during far more successful eras and it didn't ruin the AE or RA era.

"CM Punk" chants started around the time his singles run started.

Hijacking for Bryan didn't ruin the show. I'm not a fan of his so I wasn't the biggest proponent of him main eventing Mania, but TV ratings and fan reaction were very positive during that period.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The "what" chant started during far more successful eras and it didn't ruin the AE or RA era.

CM Punk chants started around the time his singles run started.

Hijacking for Bryan didn't ruin the show. I'm not a fan of his so I wasn't the biggest proponent of him main eventing Mania, but TV ratings and fan reaction were very positive during that period.
The what chant has gotten worse since then, & this was still before Reigns' singles run

CM Punk chants started before cause Punk left before The Shield broke up

Hijacking for Bryan gave the fans the boosted confidence & set it up for further down the line where they thought they could dictate who gets the push

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,170 Posts
There should be an IQ test before you enter a WWE show. If its not high enough you are sent away.

It would mean they would end up with only 15 fans at Wrestlemania, however I think it would be worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
Not a fan of What Culture....

...BUT...

That was well said and I agree with pretty much everything said in that video. Pretty well done actually. I agree that WWE's embracing of the smark crowds did encourage it upon themselves and so have encouraged a new form of audience. Now we gotta live with it unfortunately.

It does suck because I fucking hate so many of those chants. As an old school wrestling fan, I miss when chants went as far as chanting for a wrestlers name, and cheers and boos were a thing. I am totally fine if those chants are imposed as a protest, WWE fans have a right to protest with chants. But be careful where and who you point the chants at. Just because you have that power doesn't mean you should abuse it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts